It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Carter-Nut Farmer or Enlightened Nuclear Physicist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Much has been said about Jimmy Carter being the worst President ever, and I see it quite a bit on this site. History can teach us important lessons. It’s important to take another look at the peanut farmer from Georgia who was a very enlightened person for his time and a person that was sympathetic to anyone interested in the topics we are concerned about on this website.

First of all, Carter was much more than a peanut farmer. He was actually a nuclear physicist.

Why is this important?

He was a nuclear physicist whose biggest campaign pledge was to find out what the government knew about ETs. It is unfortunate that he did not succeed, but his efforts did result in some small steps being made towards this effort. Reports say that the CIA Director at the time denied Carter access to UFO information, and that was George Bush Sr. Most physicists deny the existence of extra terrestrial life on Earth, but Carter did not. In fact he had his own sighting with witnesses.
I believe he was misaligned by the media because of these efforts. When I see people disparaging him, I often think of the time he went through. No doubt he was CFR, but he was going against the grain of what the leadership of that organization wanted, even if unwittingly.

I spoke with someone a few years ago who had retired from Los Alamos Labs in New Mexico. He told me that during the Carter Administration 50% of the resources going to Los Alamos was directed towards defense and the other towards new energy creation. This scientist advised me that at the time of the Carter Administration, Los Alamos had an operational and functioning hydrogen powered car.

This is hearsay, so some may not give much credence to my story. But keep in mind under President Carter, himself a former Navy Lieutenant, we had major closings of major Air Force bases-including the Roswell Air Force Base from where the 1st atomic bomb squadron originated. Also, many underground missile defense sites were also decommissioned under his watch It is clear from these actions that Carter was interested in reducing the power of the military-perhaps responding to President Eisenhower’s warning against the military industrial complex. This would be a refreshing change in these most recent times.
Incidentally, this retired scientist told me that after Carter left office, Los Alamos went back to 100% defense work.

Carter was running for office when I was in fourth grade. Running against Ford, who has also himself challenged the status quo on government keeping the ET information secret, Ford unpopularly pardoned Nixon, and this action probably had more to do with him losing the presidency to Carter.

Johnson also appointed Ford to the Warren Commission.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by c3hamby]

[edit on 23-6-2010 by c3hamby]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yep and President Carter had a assassination attempt in Los Angele's near Watts that you never read or hear about.

weirdness

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I was in the Navy when he was elected President. I didn't care much for him then. It seems most of my comrades-in-arms didn't either, and I think it was just a reflection of the way most officers felt.

But I will give him credit for one thing. He pushed through an 11% across the board pay raise for all service members, e-1 and up. Nobody has done that before or since. Every president pays lip service to supporting the troops, but he put the money where his mouth was. For every other president, supporting the troops means sending them off to some god-forsaken part of the world to fight for who knows what, and then forgetting about them when they come home with physical or mental wounds.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
One other thing I forgot to add, is that while in office Carter installed solar panels to provide electricity for the White House.

They were taking down promptly by America's beloved President, President Reagan.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Living in Georgia for the past 24 years I can add one thing to this, for any other shortcomings the man might have, he is one heck of a humanitarian. He dedicates a lot of time to legit charities here.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
President Carter wasn't an enlightened nuclear physicist at all. While an officer in the Navy he went to nuclear power school. It's pretty much the same school that enlisted people go through if they are in one of the nuke rates. Machinist Mate, Electronics Technician, or Electrician's Mate, except that officers go through some extra mathematics on nuclear dynamics. The most charitable way to describe Carter's nuclear training was that he was a nuclear engineer, but even that is over-stating the case. He graduated from the Naval Academy, which at the time he attended was not much more than a four year junior college. Instructors were overwhelmingly fairly junior officers with, maybe, Masters degrees, not PhDs. But Carter did not graduate with a 'nuclear physics' major as there was no such thing at the Naval Academy at the time, something Admiral Rickover, head of the nuclear Navy, railed against.

So, no, Jimmy Carter was not an enlightened nuclear physicist. He took some post graduate training in nuclear physics alongside high school graduate enlisted men taking nearly the same courses. So if you're going to claim Jimmy Carter was an enlightened nuclear physicist then you'll be forced to give the same honor to the 19 year old E-5 Machinist Mates that sat beside him.

For the record, he never served on a nuclear ship, submarine or otherwise. When his father died, he quit the Navy after six years and went back to peanut farming.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Details on Jimmy Carter's Navy record are here www.history.navy.mil...

When Admiral Hyman G. Rickover (then a captain) started his program to create nuclear powered submarines, Carter wanted to join the program and was interviewed by Rickover. On 1 June 1952, Carter was promoted to Lieutenant. Selected by Rickover, Carter was detached on 16 October 1952 from K-1 for duty with the U. S. Atomic Energy Commission, Division of Reactor Development in Schenectady, New York. From 3 November 1952 to 1 March 1953, he served on temporary duty with the Naval Reactors Branch, U. S. Atomic Energy Commission, Washington, DC to assist "in the design and development of nuclear propulsion plants for naval vessels."

From 1 March to 8 October, Carter was preparing to become the engineering officer for the nuclear power plant to be placed in USS Seawolf (SSN 575), one of the first submarines to operate on atomic power. He assisted in setting up training for the enlisted men who would serve on Seawolf.

I think there is something interesting in the fact that JFK 35, LBJ 36, Nixon 37, Ford 38 and Carter 39 (skipping Reagan) and Bush 41 were all NAVY. I think LBJ and Nixon both attained the rank of Commander, basically due to the extended amounts of time they both spent in the inactive reserve forces.

While JFK and Carter only reached Lieutenant and I think Ford was enlisted man.

edit on 6/12/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: add more Nixon!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
I was in the Navy when he was elected President. I didn't care much for him then. It seems most of my comrades-in-arms didn't either, and I think it was just a reflection of the way most officers felt.

But I will give him credit for one thing. He pushed through an 11% across the board pay raise for all service members, e-1 and up. Nobody has done that before or since. Every president pays lip service to supporting the troops, but he put the money where his mouth was. For every other president, supporting the troops means sending them off to some god-forsaken part of the world to fight for who knows what, and then forgetting about them when they come home with physical or mental wounds.

Yes, Carter does get credit for the 1981 Military 11.7% pay raise.

However, don't forget Reagan and his 14.3% military pay raise in 1982

new topics

top topics

join