It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Lawmakers Warn of Administration Plan to Grant Amnesty to Illegal Immigrants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Your profile says you live in California, so I imagine you are familiar with illegals!
So, what would you do? Go door to door? Demand papers from every Hispanic in California? And if they refuse, then what? Haul 'em off?
And if they run? This would lead to violence VERY quickly, and really not accomplish a thing, except civil strife.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Amnesty has to be granted because you can't deport over 10 million people without looking like a HITLER.

We seal the border and grant amnesty.

There is no other way...the rest is political fodder for the weak minded and crazy.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by David9176]

I think it will be more along the lines of we grant amnesty and millions poor over the border to be part of it. We are a long way from securing the border but it seems not too far away from amnesty.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
OK.
So is this similar to Ronald Reagan granting amnesty to 2 million illegals?
OR, is it similar to GW Bush, Ted Kennedy and McCains plan to give amnesty to illegals?
Just wondering!
And the Republicans did what about illegal immigration during the 8 years they had The presidency, NOT TO MENTION, the six years they had The Presidency, both Houses of Congress AND could have easily passed ANY BILL THEY WANTED???

[edit on 23-6-2010 by OldDragger]

At what point can we say things are totally out of hand? We blame Bush for spending so much money, but Obama is in total uncontrolled spending to the point that not even 100 billion makes us flinch now...at least with Bush 10 billion was still big news. So we had amnesty in the past, and if it was only two million aliens I would say go for it and secure the borders, but we are talking 10s of millions and that number is not stopping. It is killing our states in the sheer numbers, so once again at what point is it no longer an option or make any sense at all? 10, 20, 50 million? Give me a number.

Lets say your ex wife got you into debt for 5000 dollars and your new wife gets you into debt for another million and says will your first wife also got you into debt. Or they let some nonviolent people out of jail so they turn around and release all criminals suggests well some others were released.

At what point do things become totally out of control and crazy?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I do hope Obama and ALL Americans
realize that IF amnesty is granted
to ALL illegals, then Obama has just
made US Citizens out of sleeper cell
Muslim Terrorists who are already here.
That is being an accomplice and co-conspirator
of terrorism. That's treason !!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Dude, the terrorists that are here actually are here LEGALLY! They actually have passports, and come over here on visas, the whole nine yards. They wouldn't get citizenship, because they are here legally. Shesh oh PETE!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Uh huh. I'm pointing out that Republicans are liars and hypocrytes on this issue.
So are Democrats, but the subject of the OP was Republicans.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Over 70% of Americans support Arizona's immigrant law, with about 14 other states planning on enacting similar laws.

If Obama passes an Amnesty act through Executive Order, he will cement his position as a one term President. However, it didn't stop him with over 60% of the people opposing Obamacare, so he'll probably go ahead anyway.

he did actually say during his campaign that he was going to do many things that would be unpopular, but also said that they would be things that would be "right for America". I'm having a very hard time seeing how declaring amnesty on 11 million CRIMINALS is "right for America".

I seriously doubt his reelection chances as he stands right now, unless he does something dramatically positive.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thier not going to seal the borders, thats the problem. It was in the news a week ago, thiers not enough manpower. Along with the mexican cartels stashing machine guns and suburbans in the hills of arizona.
What abuot us then obama? Ilelgas taht came here, and left us, the taxpayers and legal citizens to foot the bills they skimped out on? It seems to me, this is globalization, part of the builderberg plan, a new world order perhaps. Erase the baorders with mexico, eventually making a north american union, all in business's interests, for cheaper labor, what corporations really want.... 11.5 million illegals being made legal is NOT going to help the economy right now, hiring LEGAL citizens, especially since thiers rumors of a 2nd recession coming around.
Imagine all the coc aine flooding in now, latino gangs doins as they please, without having to hide as much. I know reagen did it too, but i dont think it was during a recession, nor for the selfish un american policis of cheap sweat shop corporations.
A few weeks, ago, in the news, i think in NY a latino used s lot machine type of voting machine pulled the lever 6 times!!!! anyone read that? that gives the person being elected, 6 votes, which is suposed to be illegal, isnt it? Its one vote per person. If thats the case, then i should vote 6 times over the same machine ro whatever, my congressman and president out of office. they can do it so can i then. IM tired of the system screwing me over, having to pay fictatious taxes, and have done everything legaly as thier laws said i had too.
remember..it would mean 11.5 million more votes for him sure. if that guy can legaly pull a voting machine lever 6 times, so can you* vote them OUT

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Illegas are here screwing the taxpayer over and government did nothing about it, they screwed us over just the same illegals did. Now thier just being pardoned and accepted? ide question the mental state of the president, before or if this passes. Might as well tear down Ellis island too while your at it, and jsut let the entire world come n go as they please and do as they please too mr.president, while the rest of the world, has borders* eh china one day will take it all form us anyways, no thanks to big banks. i pay my taxes, and miss a payment, im under investigation..illegals intentionaly use tax money to get better, ripp off socail security(fake SS numbers when hired at businesses) and they get a free ride... i think its time for a little socail disorder and decay, lash back at the system. the same way people fought for thier legal rights, right to live...pushing back*

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Had a brain thing going. Perhaps what the big deal is with this/ the economy aint doin too good. who has at least 2 jobs? illegals do...maybe obama will grant them amenesty, then ask them to buy things to supoprt the economy here, since they will listen to him do as thier told by thier master obama* HE already tried this last year was it? wit the american public and no one wanted to or couldnt, because of corporations laying off everyone and their mother.
just something to ponder on,t hats all.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by Xtrozero

Uh huh. I'm pointing out that Republicans are liars and hypocrytes on this issue.
So are Democrats, but the subject of the OP was Republicans.

Well it is Republicans questioning Obama's tactics in this, but as I said there just comes a point that everything becomes totally Ridiculous.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Had a brain thing going. Perhaps what the big deal is with this/ the economy aint doin too good. who has at least 2 jobs? illegals do...maybe obama will grant them amenesty, then ask them to buy things to supoprt the economy here, since they will listen to him do as thier told by thier master obama* HE already tried this last year was it? wit the american public and no one wanted to or couldnt, because of corporations laying off everyone and their mother.
just something to ponder on,t hats all.

Lets think a little deeper....

Obama got 66 million votes to McCain's 58 million; Obama creates 20 million more grateful American's all anxious to vote for him because of what he did. America has Obama for 4 more years in an easy victory over anyone.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If this happens I can see certain states telling the feds to screw off and leaving the union.. AZ and TX come to mind as the first ones.. this shows the total lack of rule of law and out of control federal government. We have immigration laws, the solution is to change the laws not just bypass them.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Who cares? Whether you are an individual or a nation, when you place more concern on the opinions of others than your own welfare you are doomed.

Of course the borders need to be closed and that is easily done. Put several thousand troops on the border until viable physical infrastructure can be put in place. That would make the US southern border look like the southern Mexican border where armed troops are stationed to keep the central Americans out of Mexico.

You would not need to deport all of them. Many would simply return once the deportations started.

In addition to securing the border with troops, all public services need to be denied to all illegals.

- Inability to rent a home or apartment (same as the law they just passed in Nebraska)
- Inability to get a driver's lisence
- inability to get aq job
- Inability to open a bank account
- inability to purchase any utility type of service, e.g. phone, water, electric, any of it
- Inability to attend public schools
- Other than emergency room services, no access to US hospitals for any care what so ever other than true emergency. You need dialysis? Go back to Mexico for it

These steps can be taken tomorrow. They are not unconstitutional and are not harsh. All they do is make the difference between living in Mexico and the US more equitable, hence the incentive to migrate is substantially reduced.

Block the services. When someone looks to obtain one and it is discovered that they are illegal, deport them immediately. No hearing, nothing. No legal status and home you go.

The entire process is governed by respect, rule of the law and in a non judgmental manner. "You're not here legally. You need to go home". Plain and simple.

There will be no amnesty. The citizens of the US will not tolerate it and any politician who supports it will be voted out of office. If the borders were sealed and there was a legitimate program in place to assimilate the Mexicans already here, you might have a bit of hope, but that will never happen either.

This whole business is just politics. The republicans are floating this to generate outrage, snuffing out any hope of it happening.

If Obama wanted to grant amnesty, he should have done it via executive order the day after he was sworn into office.

It won't happen

I can't fathom how you find anything in that approach remotely like Hitler.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join