It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 5.5 Earthquake- ONTARIO-QUEBEC BORDER REGION, CANADA 2010 June 23 17:41:41 UTC (BREAKING)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Magnitude 5.5 - ONTARIO-QUEBEC BORDER REGION, CANADA 2010 June 23 17:41:41 UTC

earthquake.usgs.gov

People in the large Western Quebec seismic zone have felt small earthquakes and suffered damage from larger ones for three centuries. The two largest damaging earthquakes occurred in 1935 (magnitude 6.1) at the northwestern end of the seismic zone, and in 1732 (magnitude 6.2) 450 km (280 mi) away at the southeastern end of the zone where it caused significant damage in Montreal. Earthquakes cause damage in the zone about once a decade. Smaller earthquakes are felt three or four times a year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-6-2010 by beauty from pain]

[edit on 23-6-2010 by beauty from pain]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Never have I felt an earthquake before! I was standing under a TTC station concrete roof and the whole pillar I was leaning on was shaking like crazy. I thought that the roof was going to collapse, so I left underneath the roof. Luckily, EMS has no reports of building collapse, distress calls, or damaged roads/bridges.

Tremors are likely to come later.

earthquake.usgs.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
yes! That was crazy. Things actually fell of some counters in my house and broke. Perhaps that is just more of a problem of clutter though

I have never experienced such a strong earthquake. Hopefully it's not a precursor to a "subduction earthquake", which is expected to hit the region at some point in time.

source: www.cbc.ca...

"Eventually, scientists say, this will cause a "subduction earthquake," an incredibly powerful event that could measure up to a magnitude of 9. Based on geological evidence in the region, it's believed that such quakes strike every 300 to 500 years. "

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join