It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We just had an earthquake in OTTAWA!!!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

well apparently ottawa has "mini earthquakes" all the time. but they're too weak to really notice. however, apparently the last "feelable" earthquake in ottawa was sometime in 2006.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bbygurgles

you aren't going to feel an "impact" type feeling really unless it's a pretty big one. Mostly swaying like you're on a boat in slightly choppy water. I only noticed it in my feet really and noticed my coffee swaying a bit in its cup.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Looks like Mother earth is fighting back!

Sinkholes appearing all over the world, oil gushing out of several holes in the ocean floor, Landslides in france, flooding in spain earthquakes in Hait, Chile, China and now OTTAWA!

No matter how big and important we think we are, when it comes to Mother earth we are nothing but infesting fleas about to be brushed off by the biggest wake up call ever!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I found this Short Video on it..

Is quakes normal in Ottowa ? I know that if there were a quake here in Oslo, things are up, there are never quakes here in Oslo..

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
It seems only logical that oil deposits underground may be working to let continents drift gradually. I wonder if the oil leak in the Gulf will affect future earthquakes, as it is the deepest one every made. 20 to 35,000 feet , yes, up to 17 miles in depth. BP will not reveal how deep they really made it. Maybe they don't even know?
When oil leaves the ground in one place, that may be connected to another by underground caverns hundreds , even thousands of miles away.
I think we should just leave the darn oil alone and run off water. Stanley Meyer did it, it's more efficient that gasoline using the hho fuel injector. Just need the right Mosfet to run it. Not sure if anyone is making one yet! His was custom made. Uses diamond to keep cool.

I noticed right after the oil leak, there have been some significantly larger quakes in some places. connection?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Looks like Mother earth is fighting back!

Sinkholes appearing all over the world, oil gushing out of several holes in the ocean floor, Landslides in france, flooding in spain earthquakes in Hait, Chile, China and now OTTAWA!

No matter how big and important we think we are, when it comes to Mother earth we are nothing but infesting fleas about to be brushed off by the biggest wake up call ever!

She is trying to shake off the fleas off its back. She is at max capacity and we are sucking her blood (oil) dry.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Apparently the Eartquake hit at the same time the Chinese Premier landed for his Pre G20 state visit.

Coincidence?

I think not

hehehe

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
I found this Short Video on it..

Is quakes normal in Ottowa ? I know that if there were a quake here in Oslo, things are up, there are never quakes here in Oslo..

NO Never!! this Big last real big one was in the 40s In St Lawrence County New York ! around the region

thanks the one that made the video make me think is the Core slowly cooling ? something going on Sun Moon or a Mystery Object ?

Love the Music its by Pink Floyd Set the Control's for the Heart of the Sun in case nobody knew ! Great Tune
video!

Speaking of Music ! here's a Song i heard on the Radio as Ontario/Quebec Canada Radio Station and Upper St Lawrence New york is Going Ape **** about the Quake

Well Here is a Cool Earth Quake Song!!!!!! Well Sort of !

CAROLE KING (Live) - I Feel The Earth Move

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hi i picked up the paper today Daily Courier Observer (Home County)

Quake Shakes North County 5.0 Earthquake north of Ottawa felt throughout northeast

Want a Read!!!! the News Paper is also on line here is a Link!
Enjoy
www.mpcourier.com...

Snippet from the Paper to get your interest

The USGS said the two largest quakes in western Quebec occurred in 1935 at magnitude-6.1 and in 1732 at a magnitude of 6.2, which caused significant damage in Montreal.

The largest earthquake recorded in New York, at a magnitude of 5.8 in 1944, was centered in Massena, where it did millions of dollars' worth of damage.

On April 20, 2002, a quake with a magnitude of 5.1 centered 15 miles southwest of Plattsburgh rattled Clinton and Essex counties, causing an estimated $14 million in damage. Shortly after the quake, cracks were discovered in a concrete pier on Spile Bridge that links Oswegatchie and DePeyster, resulting in more than $60,000 in repairs.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
ohh some news !

Breaking News: Earthquake in Canada June 23-2010

2nd line

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I detected a tremor out of the northwest from my home in Jersey City, NJ. Home to Lady Liberty! (She's in our waters so she's ours!).

Has there or is there any minor aftershocks because a detection line of mine has been off the charts the last 12 or so hours.

I can feel power surges, changes in the atmosphere, ground fluctuations.

I woke up around 5am and haven't been able to level off. This is what happens to me when items like this occur.

I hope everyone is ok and here's to no damages incurred. To Ottawa, NYC Region (NYC-Jersey City, NJ-Newark, NJ) is with you.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Im in North Jersey, 15 minutes outside of Manhattan. I work on the main floor ( one level up from the ground floor) of a 4-story office building. At 13:40 the walls began to creak, the exit signs by my desk started swaying and there was a gentle vibration I could feel through the floors.

At first I thought there was construction being done outside my building, as my building is part of a complex including a Holiday Inn which is under renovation. A few minutes later, employees from the 4th floor started to evacuate the building. They felt it the worst and most of them said they felt the building sway and also heard the creaking and felt the vibration.

Immediately after that I went to a website I frequent, USGS earthquake.usgs.gov...
and saw that an earthquake hit in Canada. It appeared my area was along the same fault line.

I dont know if this is normal, but from what I was told, an earthquake strikes like a wave and ripples through the ground, starts off strong and gets weaker as it goes down the line. Here in North Jersey, we got the weaker end of it, I'd guess 2.5. There was no damage and no injuries, but people were definitely shaken up.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I felt it...I live in Ottawa.
I work nights and I was just about to fall asleep, when I started hear a loud rumbling, that got louder and louder...I thought something very large had just exploded quite close, or that a nuclear blast was approaching. I didn't feel any shaking, but as I ran upstairs, I noticed the glass door on a cabinet - not really shaking - but more or less vibrating from the loud sound.

I experienced an earthquake here about 10-15 years ago. The house was shaking. I thought my brother was literally shaking my room - I was awoken by it. And it was silent.

An earthquake was the last thing that crossed my mind the other day. The sound was almost terrifying.

Edit - it didn't last more than 15 seconds.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by FinallyMe]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Has this been going on since before yesterday? A co-worker of mine said she felt something similar, but weaker, this past Monday.

Just curious.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by myeyeshavseen

My experience was similiar to yours.
I was on the first floor of a 4 story building that was built in 1937.
My buddy was in the hallway in the centre of the building on the 3rd floor.
He said the same thing but added a twist.(no pun intended)
He said he heard the doorframes creaking and then saw the building kind of twist a little like a room in a funhouse at the fair.
His first thought was the building was gonna come down.

My experience was much easier then his.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by myeyeshavseen

Has this been going on since before yesterday? A co-worker of mine said she felt something similar, but weaker, this past Monday.

Just curious.

My radar detected a fluctuation begining sometime Tues afternoon. It is now begining to wind down. These things just come and go as they wish with no indication or warning beforehand.

Typical pattern starts about 12 - 24 hours before event as there is a major spike in the electromagnetic field that usually draws down about 36 - 48 hours post incident.

I'm just now able to break free from it. When it hits my EMF goes off the charts and locks my head up in the loop. It sucks but what can you do. With no way to either turn off or reverse the flow makes it near impossible to stop. I've detected power surges in my neighbourhood and have been able to stop them cold using the method of "reversing the polarity/feed".

Advisory, if you are unfamiliar or have no clear idea what you are doing do not attempt to reverse any polarity or send any feed back to source as the mental capcity required to do so is great enough that it can kill.

With regards to your coworker, evidently she is already well versed and knowledable in the 4 principal tennets :

1. Keep yourself absolutely calm.
2. Breathe normally
3. Do not ever panic.
4. Remain relaxed.

A way to monitor her for future reference. If you see her having problems concentrating or focusing she is trapped in a loop. Watch her eyes, if they start fluttering get her a glass of water. This is only temporarily and works by tricking the mind into thinking its doing something else. If she starts shaking keep her airway clear. Each individual person has their own "Escape/Exit" protocol written up. Keep her workload lightened as if she's got an overburdened workload that can and will trigger a lockup. Watch her hands, they begin to shake involuntary that is a lockup sign as well.

Make it a point to cheque up on her at least once every hour and ask her her name, job and where she is. If she can answer all 3 quickly and without delay she's fine. If not she's in trouble and if so, whisper into her ear "Activate and run exit protocol". Buy and keep a washcloth and a tupperware of a size of at least 4 litres, if you see her lock up, go to the bathroom, fill the tupperware with cold water and wet the cloth and dab her forehead and only in the exclusive and sole even that if she still does not respond call an amblucance immediately. Make sure her hair isn't wrapped around her neck and make sure her face is not obstructed.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I live near ottawa, and it was very cool. I live in the country in a VERY old home, late 1800s it was originally built (obviously theres been upgrades over time) but It's a pretty big tall home and when trucks go by it shakes. The funny thing was a big tractor trailer went by and started to shake it which is normal. As it drove away it started shaking again and then a lot for about 15-20 seconds. I yelled earthquake and was going to go outside (I hear doorways are good places to go). You never know, it coulda been worse so might as well be careful. But it was fun and an awesome experience.

On a related note, my friend in cornwall (about hour away southeast of ottawa) had the power go out for a while but hours after the quake. I wonder what made the power go off? or if they were testing the power? weird

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by theknuckler
I live near ottawa, and it was very cool. I live in the country in a VERY old home, late 1800s it was originally built (obviously theres been upgrades over time) but It's a pretty big tall home and when trucks go by it shakes. The funny thing was a big tractor trailer went by and started to shake it which is normal. As it drove away it started shaking again and then a lot for about 15-20 seconds. I yelled earthquake and was going to go outside (I hear doorways are good places to go). You never know, it coulda been worse so might as well be careful. But it was fun and an awesome experience.

On a related note, my friend in cornwall (about hour away southeast of ottawa) had the power go out for a while but hours after the quake. I wonder what made the power go off? or if they were testing the power? weird

An earthqauke can and will interfere with the natural electromagentic field and if powerful enough to be felt on the surface it can knock a portion of the power grid offline.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

We also had storms last night and had a tornado touch down in our Province as well.
Meh..who knows.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Very interesting. Kinda odd for that part of the world. But allot of misplaced things are happening this day and age. Times are changing. We just have to live with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join