It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 people involved in clean-up now dead...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
SOURCE

Two people involved in the Gulf oil spill cleanup effort have died, the U.S. Coast Guard reported.

And that is the entirety of the report of these two deaths.

Why is this complete lack of information giving me the spinal chills? If these 2 died from an accident on board a cleanup vessel or from something unrelated to the efforts you'd expect at least a mention of cause. No hint of a cause of death = potentially something very significant going on here. Did they die from exposure to some chemical? Is the cause currently unknown? Were they just discovered dead in their bunks, so to speak, this morning?

Anybody know any additional news on this?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I am waiting as well. I saw it on Foxnews.com. Is it showing up else where now?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
the quote you put in the original post actually is the only sentence in the whole page long article pertaining to people dying from the spill

weird how they'd just say that

Two people involved in the Gulf oil spill cleanup effort have died, the U.S. Coast Guard reported.

and then move on with no further explanation,

Meantime, hundreds of thousands of gallons more oil gushed into the Gulf of Mexico on Wednesday after......... (continued in original post's link)

i don't know about media black out, but they sure are doing a half ass job at reporting all the details

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

No kidding. It's the headline of the article, yet it recieves a total of 1 sentence in the whole report.

Something is really wierd here.

RELATED?

link   
They'll get a bunch of people worked up, and then probably come out and say the guys drowned or something, 'discrediting' the people who said it was the chemicals...

link   
reply to post by JRho900

I saw it earlier on MSNBC. I'm waiting as well, but I have a feeling this is going to be quickly swept under the rug.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

Containment Cap Removed From Leak, Oil Gushing MADLY

Just when you were feeling good about things in the US. There's this.

The containment cap was removed after collision with an underwater robot. The flow has increased wildly, as you can see in the live cam.

Coast Guard Admiral Allen said the accident sent gas rising through a vent that carries warm water down to prevent ice-like crystals from forming in the cap.

BP hopes to reinstall the cap later today after fixing the vent and checking for safety.

In unrelated news announced at the same time, two people have died in the oil spill response. Allen said the two casualties were working on "vessels of opportunity," and one of the deaths was, strangely, a gunshot wound.

I found this BUT I have NO IDEA how crediable this website is.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I fear that if it comes out that they died from a result of the chemical soup that is now the gulf of mexico there will be mass panic along the coast. It is very strange that they did not even speculate on the possible cause of death.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

I am sure it will be. Headlining news right now is Obama relieving the General of his duties.

Ugh....I need a good spell checker! Sorry for the typos.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by JRho900]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

FORT MORGAN, Ala. -- A boat captain working in the oil spill response died from a gunshot wound this morning.

William Allen Kruse, born 1955, was the captain of The Rookie, a charter fishing boat normally based in Orange Beach, said Deputy Baldwin County Coroner Rod Steade .

Steade said the deckhands were on the docks and heard a gunshot and went back on and found him dead on the "flying bridge." Source

Wonder if this is related.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JRho900
www.businessinsider.com...

Containment Cap Removed From Leak, Oil Gushing MADLY

Just when you were feeling good about things in the US. There's this.

The containment cap was removed after collision with an underwater robot. The flow has increased wildly, as you can see in the live cam.

Coast Guard Admiral Allen said the accident sent gas rising through a vent that carries warm water down to prevent ice-like crystals from forming in the cap.

BP hopes to reinstall the cap later today after fixing the vent and checking for safety.

In unrelated news announced at the same time, two people have died in the oil spill response. Allen said the two casualties were working on "vessels of opportunity," and one of the deaths was, strangely, a gunshot wound.

I found this BUT I have NO IDEA how crediable this website is.

Gun shot wound? Uh oh, thats probably why the networks are withholding the details right now. Someone saw something they werent suppose too...

[edit on 23-6-2010 by CREAM]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
"In unrelated news announced at the same time, two people have died in the oil spill response. Allen said the two casualties were working on "vessels of opportunity," and one of the deaths was, strangely, a gunshot wound.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...
"

Can any one tell me if businessinsider is credible? Gunshot wound? Something is fishy.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It makes me wonder if the the ship captain was a suicide or if he was suicided. This just raises too many questions.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I think someone beat you to posting this one, burd. here?

wouldn't even mention it but i feel so torn!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JRho900

Scroll up a few to my post. It's a blog but you never know.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
It makes me wonder if the the ship captain was a suicide or if he was suicided. This just raises too many questions.

So from what we are reading. 2 deaths.

One a gunshot wound.

I wonder how the other person died and if it even happened at the same time. Maybe we are talking about 2 different deaths that are unrelated. I guess we have to wait and see if more details are coming.

On a side note
on suicide. I hope that isn't the case.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I can't find any additional info on this. Just that the Coast Guard reports 2 oil clean up workers have died due to the oil. I have sent an email to the Coast Guard asking them to elaborate more, and if other workers and the general public's health is at risk... I doubt I will get a reply, but we will see.

I didn't find anything about gunshot wounds. All i found was the deaths were related to the oil.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

I think someone beat you to posting this one, burd. here?

Yeah, I saw that after I posted the OP. Didn't mean to steal thunder here.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

top topics

join