It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updated: Boat Captain Working Oil Spill Dies From Gunshot. Confirmed Suicide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
OK, the coroner is stating it was a suicide.

"He had been quite despondent about the oil crisis," said Stan Vinson, coroner for Baldwin County, which includes Gulf Shores.

Kruse, who lived with his family in nearby Foley, Ala., reported to work Wednesday morning as usual at the Gulf Shores Marina on Fort Morgan Road in Gulf Shores, Vinson said. He met up with his two deckhands at his boat, The Rookie. One of the deckhands later told Vinson that Kruse seemed his usual self, sending them to fetch ice while he pulled the boat around to the gas pumps.

As the deckhands walked off to get ice, they heard what sounded like a firecracker, Vinson said. They turned around but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. So they proceeded to gather the ice and wait for Kruse at the pumps.

"He never showed," Vinson said

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

I think it's a little quick to rule out foul play, in my mind, due to the concerning clamp down of control by BP. Keeping an eye out for any developments.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dead shrimp blues
Two oil workers were in a swimming pool area in Ms.
I haven't heard anything about the charter boat. Probably suiside (sp).
These people are in deep trouble. Most of them own nice homes, several boats, they have crews that like them have payments to make.
BP is not paying anybody, if they do they are just handing them small checks that have to be cleared. It's horrible
I am on a fixed income, but most of the real live people down here live off the gulf. Construction has come to a standstill, houses aren't selling basically commerence as we know it has come to a halt. People are getting laid off from jobs they have had for years.
Where do you go, what do you do. Put yourselves in our shoes and please send help anyway you can. United Way, Mobile Bay Keepers, the list goes on and on search and find out.
If you know of any food banks you can give too that are serving the coast please give all you can give. We, not me, need pet food. Baby items are needed. Food, food, and more food. Keep in mind we just stepped into hurricane season who knows what hell that will bring.
Look up Animal shelters for various states affected.
This was the to be the summer of recovery from all the hurricanes. In 2005 we had 28 named storms, one a week, we could not fix what one tore up before another came. My house is still damaged from Ivan 2004.

I think you need to put the call for help out. Your neighbors to the North are ready, and capable.

It would be good if you could start a thread, stating the passionate feeling you just did. Sometimes people respond to emotional need better than anything. Give it a try!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I really respect your posts and replies so I will ask, you said HOAX. What do you mean hoax? If you have a thread on this pleas link and I'll read it, if not can you respond? I don't know you personally, but if feel I can trust that you are at least honest, and well-researched. Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

Unless the coroner was a close and personal Friend, how would he know "that he'd been quite despondent about the oil spill". I SMELL SOMETHING and it's not just the DEAD FISH in our RUINED ocean!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned
This is very disturbing. Could be a murder, tied to knowing too much about the spill.

Probably, he got too close to exposing this oil spill hoax for what it is, and THEY had to put him down.

— Doc Velocity

I also would like an explanation. HOAX?

I personally think we are looking at an widespread economic and ecological
disaster along the Gulf Coast. And we are for some reason being shielded from the truth as to the extent of this event.

What do you see and why?

[edit on 23-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1

Unless the coroner was a close and personal Friend, how would he know "that he'd been quite despondent about the oil spill". I SMELL SOMETHING and it's not just the DEAD FISH in our RUINED ocean!

I agree. I also find it odd that he was getting gas. Why would he go to get gas, just to commit suicide. Why not do it in the skiff.?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm another one that has a hard time swallowing the coroners ruling of suicide as fact.

He apparently shot himself after showing for work, but before beginning the work day? Are we to believe that this man made the decision to take his own life on a whim? In a split second decision? I'm no psychologist, but this is not the way I would expect the suicide of someone in distress over this particular situation to unfold.

I can certainly understand someone becoming suicidal over BP's clusterfrak, but I'd expect that such a person would leave a note, say a few cryptic goodbyes, etc. I'd assume such a person would want people to know they committed suicide, why they did, and who was responsible. I certainly wouldn't expect them to show up to the clean up effort, act normal then off himself before leaving the harbor. If you decide to kill yourself, because corporate greed and negligence destroyed your livelihood and murdered the see that provided your living, wouldn't you want someone to know why you did it, and who you blamed?

I know this is the conspiracist in me talking, but it seems a lot more plausible that someone was waiting for him to show up for work.

[edit on 6/23/2010 by Unit541]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l
What do you mean hoax? If you have a thread on this pleas link and I'll read it, if not can you respond?

Here's the original thread I started back on May 3...

Gulf Oil Spill an Extinction-Level Hoax?

Quite simply, every oil rig in the Gulf has been leaking crude oil for over 50 years, but it's only recently been turned into an "environmental disaster" for the purposes of pushing through sweeping environmental policy reforms, new and burdensome taxes, and general enslavement of the population.

These drillers in the Gulf have been dealing with crude oil leaks for half a century... are you telling me that they suddenly don't know how to seal a leak? They could have fixed this thing in a week, two months ago.

In other words, it's being allowed to leak freely.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l
What do you mean hoax? If you have a thread on this pleas link and I'll read it, if not can you respond?

Here's the original thread I started back on May 3...

Gulf Oil Spill an Extinction-Level Hoax?

Quite simply, every oil rig in the Gulf has been leaking crude oil for over 50 years, but it's only recently been turned into an "environmental disaster" for the purposes of pushing through sweeping environmental policy reforms, new and burdensome taxes, and general enslavement of the population.

These drillers in the Gulf have been dealing with crude oil leaks for half a century... are you telling me that they suddenly don't know how to seal a leak? They could have fixed this thing in a week, two months ago.

In other words, it's being allowed to leak freely.

— Doc Velocity

I agree about your reasoning that the oil is being allowed to leak. I disagree somewhat about the reasons. The fact of the matter is, it's leaking badly, not getting any better, and will take generations to clean up. Once people accept that fact, maybe they can be better prepared to meet this thing head on.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Damn I hope he didnt find something out that was too much to handle. Rip to him though.

2nd

[edit on 6/23/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

WEEEIIRRDDD!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
We have no idea why this man suddenly killed himself. If he was getting gas maybe it had something to do with method of payment being rejected. It's so crazy down here that it could have just been an I can't take anymore. He snapped, alot more people are gonna snap before this is over.
Corexit is a seriously deadly fast acting neurotoxin. If he's been breathing the stuff for a while that probably didn't help his mental state.
I just read a brief description of a necropsy on a dolphin that apparently suddenly died. I will try to copy and paste it.
Collectively we on the coast have been through so much in the last 7-8 yrs. people are gonna be losing it this is just the first of it.
If he has lived in the area all his life then likely my daughter knows him she is one of those that knows everybody. There was until a couple of years ago only one high school where they all went.
As I find out more I will post it

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is a copy from the email I recieved.
I attended a necropsy of an adult male dolphin yesterday. He would have been in the Mississippi-Alabama jurisdiction. I do not know his origin. I photographed the necropsy with a camera labeled "BP Camera 3". I documented 260 photos for the federal investigation and more for the attending veterinarian. NOAA was on-premise, as was CNN doing a ... See Morestory (;last night) on turtles. Oil present on dolphin from nose to past dorsal, samples taken from all organs and sent to lab presented hemeragic and brownish red spots were on most organs. An orangeish brown color of oily substance on skin. Belly full of undigested fish... meaning he appeared to be good condition considering the amount of undigested fish in belly (about 7-10 10' fish and one giant shrimp) and seemd to get into something that killed him quickly. Most organs were hemoragic, yet the stomach was ful of undigested fish. not a sick dolphion but the sign of a poisoned one. Of course the lab results are not in, I asked the doctor to tell me the anomolies of benzene and Corexit. I am not a doctor but I did point out the possibility of the "Corexit" poisoning , the vet then orderd tests on specific tissues as a result of that converstaion.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Coroner: Charter captain working oil spill killed himself; former co-worker 'surprised something like this hasn't already happened'
Published: Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 4:07 PM Updated: Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 4:29 PM
Guy Busby Press-Register
Follow Share this story
Story tools

(Guy Busby/Press-Register)Capt. Allen Kruse shot himself Wednesday, June 23, 2010, aboard his charter fishing boat, The Rookie, in Fort Morgan, Ala.
FORT MORGAN, Ala. -- An Orange Beach, Ala., charter boat captain shot and killed himself this morning just before his vessel was scheduled to set out to take part in oil cleanup and protection efforts, investigators said.
Share William Allen "Rookie" Kruse, 55, was found dead on the flying bridge of his boat, The Rookie, at the dock at Fort Morgan Marina just before 7 a.m., Baldwin County Deputy Coroner Rod Steade said.
"He had just let his deckhands off the boat and sent them to get something," Steade said. "He was going to meet them at the fuel dock. They heard a pop and when the boat didn't come around, they went back and found him."
Baldwin County Coroner Stan Vinson said witnesses told investigators that Kruse had been upset about the loss of business caused by the closing of fishing grounds and public perceptions of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
Vinson said Kruse was shot once with a handgun. He said the incident remains under investigation, but officials believe the wound was self-inflicted. A statement by the Gulf Shores Police Department said Kruse shot himself in the head.
Before the Deepwater Horizon sank, Kruse said he planned on retiring in a couple of years, said Jason Bell, who knew Kruse for 10 years and worked for him for 3 years, first as a deckhand and later as captain of the Rookie II.
"He didn't show any signs he was going to this that would have thrown up any red flags where you'd think you better keep an eye on him," Bell said. "He wasn't any more aggravated with the whole situation than any of the rest of us. "
Bell added, however, that Kruse did like to know what was going on and was particularly frustrated with the lack of straight answers coming from BP about the Vessel of Opportunity program and particularly about how he was to be paid once his 2 boats were deployed.
"It's a nightmare with just all of the paperwork and training and then waiting to get hired on top of the fact we're all stressed about losing our entire season anyway," Bell said. "I hate to say it, but I'm surprised something like this hasn't already happened."

Kruse had more than 30 years' experience in charter fishing, according to the website for his business. His boat was based at Zeke's Marina in Orange Beach.

Like some other vessels in the cleanup program, The Rookie had moved to Fort Morgan to avoid the booms set up near Perdido Pass, according to marina employees.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why isn't the media all over this, interviewing witnesses, fellow employees, friends?

Anyone else see how little airtime this received?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think you would be spot on..I'm thinking the same thing

This is very disturbing. Could be a murder, tied to knowing too much about the spill.

Probably, he got too close to exposing this oil spill hoax for what it is, and THEY had to put him down.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 6/23/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
CaptainKruse

This is Captain "Rookie" Kruse's charter boating site. I was looking thru a few of the pictures, and a wave of sadness overtook me, even though I have never met the fella. I bet it turned his stomach on a daily basis to see how ruined the waters he used to fish had become so polluted and devoid of life. I can't imaginer how depressing this can be for some of those fisherman. How very sad.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is a link to vetted charities in the area of New Orleans. I am working on finding them in Alabama. Catholic Charities works closely with other agencies in the Baldwin and Mobile counties area.
If you decide you want to donate you can also specify what you want your donations to go for.
another idea is to go to news source sites in the states affected.
Look around your homes and determine what would be the things that you would need the most in an emergency situation. Remember these people also have utility bills they have to cover.
Also please keep in mind that no matter what BS BP is throwing out there about payments and such it's not true, they are holding on to that money and words don't mean anything.
Also remember it is getting very hot along the coast, that combined with the toxins in the air people really need to keep their air conditioners running. After the heat sits on this stuff I just don't know what kind of hellish brew this will produce.
I spoke with my doctors office today. We are so blessed to have him. He is a rural medicine, family practice doctor and very down to earth.
They are expecting for this to really start hitting us in a month or so as an epidemic type situation. People are going to need medications.
I know this is alot to ask for, and before God it is not for myself I ask for this. This is an international board so $20 dollars American can help somebody. Because of the hurricanes of the past few years charities are stretched thin already. Like I have stated already this was to be recovery summer.
God will bless whatever you can give and if you can't give send up prayers.
Thanks to all of you in advance for your kindness and understanding.
God Bless
www.kiplinger.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Why isn't the media all over this, interviewing witnesses, fellow employees, friends?

Anyone else see how little airtime this received?

It is a frigging suicide!

The media out of respect for the family very rarely reports them and if they do it does not report the persons name.

Do you not have any decency!?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What a crock, i don't beleive it. He knew something and was going to spill it and someone did him in. I see a snake in the grass and the rat is about to eat the snake for lunch.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join