It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gen. McChrystal for President

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
while I tend to agree we need Generals
like this, I really don't think he should
run for president. He is TOO valuable
as a top general. The man deserves
a medal and look what they gave him,
the shaft. Injustice in my opinion.
I would rather vote for Ron Paul
who will audit the Fed and Wall Street
rather than putting a military man
in the WH.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
McChrystal is a known globalist, Alex Jones even mentioned something about this being done on purpose to release McChrystal of his duties in the army so that he in fact could run in 2012....

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
What makes you think this General has those qualities?

Or it just because he's in the military?

Well he is a known liar so he should fit right in with all the thieves liars and thugs in Washington.

Why is everyone making this guy out to be a hero? Did you read what he did in the Pat Tillman case? The Dumbass is CFR, a spook, and he also voted for Obama how smart can he be? He is one of the club his mouth overran his brain and got him in trouble with his boss. And now people want him for president... Sigh no wonder this country is a speeding train wreck about to happen.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The only people "claiming this man is a hero" are Anti-Obama folk....And seriously...If Obama popped the wrong popcorn on movie night in the W.H. they'd call him a terrorist....Trust me...There's no appeasing these people.....

The man's comment's got him fired, and it wouldn't suprise me if he WISHED that to happen.....What kinda Top Military Brass talks bad about the President and the Administration when they KNOW a reporter is there recording.....

Seriously, whoever is defending him, I dare you to go into work, stand around the water cooler...And for the whole day make casual talk about how FAT your boss is and how Shi*** a job he is doing running the company.....See how long you remain an employee there.....

[edit on 6/23/10 by ElijahWan]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I wouldn't want this guy to be POTUS. Honestly, I wouldn't want any former military to serve as President. This is an especially strong feeling towards top military officials, as they are far too separated from the pulse of the average American citizen; living compartmentalized lives and all. Not to mention, they would be just as prone to the many military related syndromes.

In this day and age, military personnel are wayyyy too accepting of the term "collateral damage"....plus, there's the Manchurian Candidate possibility.

I truly believe that IF martial law were ever to be implemented, it would be on the watch of a "former military" President.

Way too many potential disasters to even consider this option....in my eyes anyway.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Now wait a minute. George W. Bush was a military man and that worked out well!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

George W. Bush was a military man and that worked out well!

You're right, it did work out much better than if we had the alternative in office. You're extraordinarily astute of late. Congratulations.

Actually, McChrystal is simply resigning his current position and will be remaining in the Army, serving in Afghanistan.

This doesn't really point to a run for the president in 2012.

Washington was a General who was effective in the office of the presidency, as was Eisenhower. General Grant had one of the most corrupt presidencies in history.

General Wesley Clark has presidential aspirations and frankly I'd prefer Nancy Pelosi in office.

But, back to Afghanistan, Petraeus was effective in Iraq, but Aghanistan is a totally different ball of wax, as McChrystal has tried point out numerous times.

I hope it works out because, because we have a lot of at stake there.

Often when someone advocates a person for the presidency, it not a serious proposal, but a vote of confidence for the person so designated. It is a symbolic gesture.

Time will tell if McChrystal has an interest in the position of the president and whether he can garner enough support to even get on the ticket.

[edit on 2010/6/23 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join