posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:20 PM
1. What type of clothing should I wear? I was thinking one of my anti government t-shirts or something...?
Wear court-appropriate clothing, or an angry judge could cite you.
2. How long does jury duty last? Hours? 1 day? few days?
Depends on if you get picked, even if not picked, could spend hours waiting.
3. What is the pay like?
Varies by state, etc., contact the Clerk of the Court, but chances are, a McDonalds clerk is making more than you are in Jury duty.
4. Why should I, or shouldn't I care?
Well, it's a civic responsibility that goes along with the right to vote (used to be, you had to own land to vote)...
5. How soon should I fill out my questionaire?
As soon as you can, some will simply keep you there until you fill it out...
6. If I fill out my questionaire latter, does that increase my chance of not being called to be a juror come that time?
Depends on the rules for your state, municipality, etc., but it could delay you even in getting out of there.
Your best bet at "getting out of it", is to simply see what the attorney is looking for in interviewing others, and make your answers unappealing to
that goal. I actually was thankful for the learning experience, but if having to do it again, I'd rather not lose the money for losing the day at
work. Jury compensation here is almost nonexistent...