It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Soldier May Face Gaza Charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Israeli Soldier May Face Gaza Charges

www.newsmaxworld.com

The Israeli army's top prosecutor has begun hearing evidence against a soldier suspected of killing two women who were waving white flags during the Gaza war, local media reported on Wednesday.

The hearing of the unidentified reserve soldier began on Tuesday, with Chief Military Advocate General Avichai Mandelblit hearing submissions from lawyers representing the accused.

The soldier was not present at the two-hour hearing which was to assess what if any charges he might face, the H
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Israeli human rights group B'Tselem, which first reported the killings, said the soldier is believed to have opened fire without provocation on a group of some 30 civilians, killing Riyeh Abu Hajaj, 64, and her daughter Majda Abu Hajaj, 37, from the Juhr al-Dik village south of Gaza City.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Obviously, this soldier needs to be prosecuted as there is absolutely no excuse for doing what he did, if in fact he is guilty. However, I can't seem to dismiss the notion that this soldier is going to be the scape-goat for the incident at large.

Israel is famous for parading scape-goats in front of the world, to put to bed the bigger incident. Unfortunately, this will probably close the book on all of the horrors that happened during that invasion because most people will take this as justice served, end of story. It's a shame really.

--airspoon

www.newsmaxworld.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hooray! Token prosecution! I feel so much better now.

*sarcasm off* I'm willing to bet this was done on purpose, and she was shot on purpose, and this person wont be going anywhere *near* a prison.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I bet that he is going to get the book thrown at him, that way they can say, "case closed".

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
this may have been the secret prisoner
that is being held in Israeli jail in isolation
from this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

they may be related

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yes but them white flags can be turned into deadly weapons and in her pocket she might had had a bomb or she could be using her mobile phone to call in an air strike or maybe she was a human biological bomb ready to go off.

Iserail has a million reason to kill people in self defence and the stupid thing is the UN takes every word they say as truth because it usualy comeing with a nice financial bribe.

What will the price be for starting WWIII because it's not just the enermy that will be well pi$$ed of with iserail for costing lives from our side.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oh goody a show trial by the war criminals while the rest continue on their merry way committing more crimes against humanity. Seriously isreali arrogance is sickening thinking that they can do whatever they want. Ahh well they fool the u.s and its business as usual.. The war criminals stick together and continue their slaughter..

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

As mutch as I agree with you, I don't think that it's ignorance, rather I think that Israel has its finger on the pulse of America's ignorance. The world has not seen a nation or government better at controlling media, popular opinion and all out propaganda.

--airspoon

top topics

join