It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all of you 6/23 Charlatans...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

i like penn & teller, but i never saw that skit. ill check for it, thanks.

bill didnt predict a date, and i dont think most people could. he just predicted that bin laden would be the scapegoat for an.

as for calling the authorities, i myself would probably not. dont trust em at all.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm not necasarily saying I would either unless of course "I KNEW" exactly what to tell the authorities to save lives, that is of course after I consulted a lawyer and made myself a very public person jk

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think some have missed my point,

My point is not to feel sad or depressed that nothing bad happened, but not to feel bad if you feel duped. That you got worked up because someone spoke/typed words that seemed credible enough and seemed to make sense to you. It happens to a lot of the community here.

I do not believe any of these Doomsday Prophecy scenarios and a couple of posters have highlighted the very important notion that many of these Charlatans will offer up any excuse that they can about why what they predict did not come to pass. People like Alex Jones who predict terrible event after terrible event are a great example of this. Yeah sure, eventually he will get it right if he keeps guessing. But that is all these 'prophets' are doing, is guessing. And they con many people into believing it using semantics and clever language. But again, I don't think all of these Doomsday predictors are greedy little pigs trying to make money off of peoples fears. I think some of them actually believe the gunk they are spewing out.

So again, in summation,

-I don't believe these scenarios.
-I used to buy into them until I realized how the cycles repeat.
-I don't wish for them to happen.
-If you have been duped, its okay, more than likely it isn't because you are dumb, many smart people get duped all the time.

Hopefully if you were led into thinking these were real this could be your catalyst for understanding why these predictions are not true. Mine, personally, came last fall when I saw how much garbage Web bot reports are.

Cheers all,

-Sliadon

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
[edit on 23-6-2010 by illusions]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The only predictions I honestly believe in is the Hopi prophecies. They are 100% correct. They have been around for 10,000 years. I say 10,000 years because of their tablet has been carbon dated. Timewave zero though is is off by a few days. It did predict the huge gulf leak.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join