It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran on war alert over "US and Israeli concentrations" in Azerbaijan

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

Yeah, I was trying to think of the name of the various groups when I was typing the post but they escape me for now. I use to know them well.
Seeshrink

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by jfj123

What does it have to do with then? And for the record, I didn't say oil.

You said this

Well, let me guess. Its a three letter word, and it rhymes with 'spoil'?

What exactly does this mean? What is the 3 letter word that rhymes with spoil that you are referring to?

Maybe it has to do with the fact that the US, israel, SA, and many other nations don't want iran to have nuclear weapons.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

That's not exactly what I was talking about. I was talking about fear of terrorism and letting them change you or your life or the way you do things fundamentally or back a government who maybe or may not be lying to you out of fear. I totally do agree with you about the desensitization. But, again. that goes more to the rah-rah bomb Iran spirit than what I was talking about. In case I didn't say it to clearly.

And I'll add that to me it's more a law-enforcement mission to keep an eye on terrorist activity than a military one. It's a daily threat all over the world, terrorism. From both within borders and outside of them. And it has been pretty much ever since there've been humans.

I said more here and not entirely...hence the joint task forces between federal and local law enforcement and others between civilian and military.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Unless this is designed by TPTB to be the big one, I speculate that China and Russia will do little more than condemn the action in the press. I would not be worried about Russia no where near as much as I would worry about China. If China decided to retaliate againt the US on a grand level we would not be more than a speed bump to them. The next week or so will be interesting.
Seeashrink

That's hard to figure out. There are probably thousands of war scenarios that could catylize against one another. I think of it as the war calculations WOPPR was making in the movie War Games, and decided it was unwinnable. China is allies with Iran, who is also allies with Russia, who is allies with Syria, who is allies with Libya. China has natural gas farms in Iran, Russia supplied Iran with weapons. During the Iran/Iraq war we were supplying Iraq with weapons and ammo. When Desert Storm started, Iraq hid most of its armaments in Iran, who kept them for war reparations. So I'm guessing at that point, Iran reverse engineered most of the US stuff and created their own new technologies.
That whole thing is a smoker in a fireworks shop.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

No, I didn't say oil.

As for the nuke excuse, well they've been saying Iran is about to get a nuke since the 80s. Iran still doesn't have a nuke. Iran isn't exactly an aggressive nation. Look at the history. Then compare it to the histories of the two nations in the forefront of the excuses and lies and maneuverings to gain control over Iran, each for their own reasons.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Damn right my friend Vichilo - Many Generals has opposed whats coming.

I think this change of Mc Chrystal is a very bad sign from loved peace nobelist.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Isn't it called Terrorism to attack a country just because you feel like it?

Or does it depend on who you are, who your parents are and how much money you have?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

HUH????, I'm corn-fused. I did like the post that I was replying to. My point was that no one has mentioned an increase in terror attacks on the US, thats why I brought it up.
Seeashrink

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I dont think the US or israel will do anything to drastic to Iran , since they want to keep Iran intact for its natural resources !

petroleum, natural gas, coal, chromium, copper, iron ore, lead, manganese, zinc, sulfur

afterall Iran does have the 3rd largest oil reserves in the world after canada and saudi arabia .

Kind of makes you wonder why the US has never invaded canada for their oil ay !

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I noticed on the "There will be war" thread further down the board, that four other US warships were being sent to region and UK], French and German warships are participating in an "exercise" with the US. It's based on a Forbes article which I thought was probably legit, but the most interesting things was at the bottom of the article "on the author". It was written by a CIA agent (or double agent) who had served some years in the Iranian revolutionary guard and he also said that Iran was very close to completing a nuke and conducting tests.

It kind of smells of a psyops or propaganda to further provoke the situation and prepare westerners for war with Iran. I have thread I posted last night late, late which got consigned to the limbo (9th circle of hell?) of skunk works on a Wayne Madsen article posted in Oilprice.com and on "of goats and men" that was based around an "insider" claim that Obama had foreknowledge of the Deep Horizon blowout because the White House was pushing hard to get Deep Horizon well done to provide extra oil to the US strategic reserve in preparation for an attack on Iran and subsequent cut-off of oil coming through the straights of Hormuz. I was very tentative in my approach to the material, and am, but folks might want to check out Madsen's claim in light of these developments. As far as my thread "the threads are coming together" I'll probably withdraw it soon, but the goats and men post is under that name.

I do know Hillary and the White House have tightening down the screws on Iran for months and we may be very close to this coming down. We walk the "corridors of Byzantium."

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

I agree completely. IN fact, in an earlier post I stated that it seemed odd that the only sources were Israeli and expressed that it's probably a mind game Israel is playing. PsyOps is a much term for it though

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
reply to post by seataka

HUH????, I'm corn-fused. I did like the post that I was replying to. My point was that no one has mentioned an increase in terror attacks on the US, thats why I brought it up.
Seeashrink

Okay... no problemo... I liked yer post to, can we kiss and make up now?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by OuttaTime

That's not exactly what I was talking about. I was talking about fear of terrorism and letting them change you or your life or the way you do things fundamentally or back a government who maybe or may not be lying to you out of fear. I totally do agree with you about the desensitization. But, again. that goes more to the rah-rah bomb Iran spirit than what I was talking about. In case I didn't say it to clearly.

And I'll add that to me it's more a law-enforcement mission to keep an eye on terrorist activity than a military one. It's a daily threat all over the world, terrorism. From both within borders and outside of them. And it has been pretty much ever since there've been humans.

I said more here and not entirely...hence the joint task forces between federal and local law enforcement and others between civilian and military.

I follow ya
. It's a shame that our media is using scare tactics to keep ordinary innocents in fear of 'terrorists'. We here on ATS know who the terrorists are, and their media spins on the sheeple. I'm not a cop, but I was in the Navy prior to Desert Storm. One of our cruises took us so close to the shores of Iran that I could have thrown a rock onto the shore. It explodes your alertness to new levels. Having to stay that far on your toes can wear you down for extended periods of time. It's kinda like the survival instinct kicks into high gear. We can't predict terrorism inside our own borders, but it's a scary and numbing job to have to wake up to every day, I agree.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Our troops are sitting ducks. And if these terrorist attacks occur in our country, we will blame exactly who they want us to blame. Viscerally. The way we've been conditioned to. Taking absolutely no stock and no assessment of the fact that it was our actions in total that provoked this. We insist on staying in a region where no one wants us. They tell us clearly. Yet we persist. So we will pay the consequences. Tell me something. Have you not watched this maneuvering to get Iran for the past 10 years? Time and again we repeat this scenario. Ever wonder why? And realize it's been going on for decades? Why?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
I dont think the US or israel will do anything to drastic to Iran , since they want to keep Iran intact for its natural resources !

petroleum, natural gas, coal, chromium, copper, iron ore, lead, manganese, zinc, sulfur

afterall Iran does have the 3rd largest oil reserves in the world after canada and saudi arabia .

Kind of makes you wonder why the US has never invaded canada for their oil ay !

They're doing that exact thing in Afghanistan, and then they 'suddenly discovered a trillion dollars worth of resources'.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Iran is not Iraq. They are not weakened by 10 years of sanctions. They are strong and have pretty advanced military technologies.

A war with them would not be an invasion. It would be a purely remote battle. No US troops on the ground as they would get annhilated.

It would be an air war and anti-ship war. Iran is dug in, we've got ships like sitting ducks in the Persian Gulf. We would most likely lose an aircraft carrier or two, plus maybe a half dozen other ships.

Unlike the other wars going on in Iraq and Afghan, the U.S. would suffer the kinds of losses that would make us U.S. citizens step back and say, "Whoa, they actually fought back, and did some serious damage."

Then Obama would suck on a big lemon, being the worlds most violent "Nobel Peace Prize" receiver in history.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by harrytuttle]

link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Why do you think Obama fired McChrystal? For his comments? BS.

He fired him because McChrystal cares about his troops and didn't want to see them all die when the US attacks Iran. He's now gonna replace him with a pro-Iran war general.

You pillock. Do you really believe that McChrystal doesn't believe Iran to be an antagonist of forces in the region? Read it and weep.

"There is however clear evidence of Iranian activity, in some cases of providing weapons and training to the Taliban that is inappropriate," [McChrystal] said.

If McChrystal is any source of credibility, Taliban is getting help from Iran and we already know they get help from western Pakistani populations.

What do you think Iran's gonna do? Nothing?

They gonna launch missiles at US bases in Afghanistan and Iraq, maybe even using chemical/biological warheads... and after that is over, they'll send troops.

You think the Afghan war is bad now? Just wait.

And once a few hundreds/thousands US troops die, there will be calls in the medias for a draft.

Just you watch. And people will go for it... since real terrorists attack will occur in the US.

I think your prediction is a closer stab at what could happen than many posters here.

link   

I noticed on the "There will be war" thread further down the board, that four other US warships were being sent to region and UK], French and German warships are participating in an "exercise" with the US. It's based on a Forbes article which I thought was probably legit, but the most interesting things was at the bottom of the article "on the author". It was written by a CIA agent (or double agent) who had served some years in the Iranian revolutionary guard and he also said that Iran was very close to completing a nuke and conducting tests.

It kind of smells of a psyops or propaganda to further provoke the situation and prepare westerners for war with Iran. I have thread I posted last night late, late which got consigned to the limbo (9th circle of hell?) of skunk works on a Wayne Madsen article posted in Oilprice.com and on "of goats and men" that was based around an "insider" claim that Obama had foreknowledge of the Deep Horizon blowout because the White House was pushing hard to get Deep Horizon well done to provide extra oil to the US strategic reserve in preparation for an attack on Iran and subsequent cut-off of oil coming through the straights of Hormuz. I was very tentative in my approach to the material, and am, but folks might want to check out Madsen's claim in light of these developments. As far as my thread "the threads are coming together" I'll probably withdraw it soon, but the goats and men post is under that name.

I do know Hillary and the White House have tightening down the screws on Iran for months and we may be very close to this coming down. We walk the "corrido

link   
reply to post by seataka

I'm not kissing anyone and I'm not watching you two kiss. wait...is anyone hot? i mean getting hot? LOL

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I was in the AF at the time. I went back to Germany in the 90s as a member of the Army. I know, glutton for punishment huh. I feel certain that the state po po have had some training in this area. I just don't think things will go well at all when and if it comes down to it.
Seeashrink

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join