It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honor, adore and worship. Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Honor, adore and worship. Why?

If there were a God of any kind, He or She or It could not help being what it is.

Why then would anyone want to honor or adore or worship what cannot help but be what it is?

If you do then you may as well adore the sun or moon or that rock at your feet.

All of these including God cannot help but be as they are. All people by this definition would also be candidates for adoration, reverence and respect and worship.

Perhaps this is why one of the Jesus archetypes said, have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?

To give honor, adoration and worship then is very close to idol worship. Why then do you seek an idol? Do you have some kind of instinct that forces you to seek something to revere?

Would you like to be honored, adored and worshiped just for being what you cannot help being?

Why would you seek to honor, adore and worship anything or anyone?

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'? 35If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?-John10

If then David calls him 'Lord,' how can he be his son?"-Matt22.45

For the nation or kingdom that will not serve you will perish; it will be utterly ruined.-Is60.12

"Do you see all these great buildings?" replied Jesus. "Not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."-Mark13.2

For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."-Acts17.31

whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death.-Prov8.36

you who have received the law that was put into effect through angels but have not obeyed it.-Acts7.53

And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him."-Heb1.6

For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son-Heb1.5

For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.-1Cor7.14

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.-Luke9.26

before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God's purpose in election might stand: 12not by works but by him who calls-Rom9.11

Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water."-Rev14.7

For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone.
-Rom14.7

She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.-Rev12.5

For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.-Col1.16

it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.-Rom9.8

These things may be taken figuratively, for the women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.-Gal4.24

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This place is devils advocate central.

If you do then you may as well adore the sun or moon or that rock at your feet. "

No the moon or rocks didn't create us. They are lifeless creations. God we come from.

He deserves honor which is all worship is. Infact God stated himself that he wants a intimate freindship type of worship.

and whynot honor that which we come from?

Can I walk all over God just because he can't help being him?

right?

Can I do that to my parents?

Can I say.

" dad you're who you are, I'll show you no respect because I don't have to "

No ofcourse not.

I came from my dad, and I still honor him which is all God wants.

Yet my dad didn't even create my soul.

peace greatestI am.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
He's the Creator of life and the universe and the Savior of my soul.

That alone is worthy of my praise, honor, affection and worship.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Would you like to be honored, adored and worshiped just for being what you cannot help being?

A major league baseball player becomes a professional baseball player through years of hard work and a strong vision in addition to being gifted. We humans rever professional athletes because they are born with talent and use their talent in a way that entertains us. We exist because God put in a lot of hard work and had a strong vision for us. We adore God because he was naturally gifted with all powerful abilities and used them for our good. So I would not say a professional athlete cannot help being a pro, and I would not say God cannot help being God, the athlete was not always a pro, and God was not always our God.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

This place is devils advocate central.

If you do then you may as well adore the sun or moon or that rock at your feet. "

No the moon or rocks didn't create us. They are lifeless creations. God we come from.

He deserves honor which is all worship is. Infact God stated himself that he wants a intimate freindship type of worship.

and whynot honor that which we come from?

Can I walk all over God just because he can't help being him?

right?

Can I do that to my parents?

Can I say.

" dad you're who you are, I'll show you no respect because I don't have to "

No ofcourse not.

I came from my dad, and I still honor him which is all God wants.

Yet my dad didn't even create my soul.

peace greatestI am.

Respect and love are to be shared. To just waste it when you do not know if it is reaching a destination is silly.

All you have is hear say and Bible says and you are willing to believe in the important issue of finding God on scanty and improbable fantasy hear say.

Give your head a shake.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang

Originally posted by Greatest I am

A major league baseball player becomes a professional baseball player through years of hard work and a strong vision in addition to being gifted. We humans rever professional athletes because they are born with talent and use their talent in a way that entertains us. We exist because God put in a lot of hard work and had a strong vision for us. We adore God because he was naturally gifted with all powerful abilities and used them for our good. So I would not say a professional athlete cannot help being a pro, and I would not say God cannot help being God, the athlete was not always a pro, and God was not always our God.

God worked hard???

Seriously, how hard is anything you do when you have miracles coming out of your ass?

Would those in the O T think that God was using His powers for their good as He went around killing us to the point of using genocide on us?

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Respect and love are to be shared. To just waste it when you do not know if it is reaching a destination is silly.

All you have is hear say and Bible says and you are willing to believe in the important issue of finding God on scanty and improbable fantasy hear say.

Give your head a shake. "

Yea I will shake it because I didn't understand a word of that. You made a mistake.

the thread is (assuming God is real)

so assuming that, it's not improbable fantasy hearsay consdiering it's assuming God is real. Which we believe and have 2,000 years of miracles for a testimony.

That's what belief is.

peace.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Give your head a shake. "

Yea I will shake it because I didn't understand a word of that. You made a mistake.

the thread is (assuming God is real)

so assuming that, it's not improbable fantasy hearsay consdiering it's assuming God is real. Which we believe and have 2,000 years of miracles for a testimony.

That's what belief is.

peace.

Ya. Miracles.

This is how a true Christian show his faith.
You might note that there is no one here with faith.
If there was, we would all know it.

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mark 16:17-18.
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

If you have any faith at all then there is a small mountain of 16,000 that will starve today if you do not show it.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

actually, i read a story about this yesterday, not really sure about the source as i saved it to my computer

I've never told a mountain to "be removed". ...Never felt the need to. But a friend of mine has. He was driving cross-country and pulled the car over to eat a sandwich his wife had made for him. He found himself at the foot of a mountain. He felt somehow he should command the mountain before him to be removed. He couldn't get this thought out of his mind, so, feeling foolish, he did just that. A year or more later, he happened to return to that very spot and discovered....yes, there were a couple of a new houses, built on nicely leveled ground, right where the moutain had stood. I won't try to find a lesson in this, but it sure is interesting.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Thanks.

I take it you are not a believer or have any faith.
I have yet to find one.

Regards
DL

top topics

join