It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: IAF Landed at Saudi Base, US Troops near Iran Border

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So, one of my employees in Tallahassee got a call from his National Guard or Reserve commander yesterday at 9, and he had to leave by 9:30, and I am supposed to have his orders sometime today!

That seems like a very quick deployment for a guy that is just a weekend warrior? He just got off 1 week of drills and there was no mention of deployment at that time, so this is a new development!

I posted this in the Panama City deployment thread as well, because as of the phone call yesterday, he had no idea if he was being deployed to work on the oil spill, or being deployed over seas. His commander promised to get me the orders in 24 to 48 hours, so I will no more today or tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
So, one of my employees in Tallahassee got a call from his National Guard or Reserve commander yesterday at 9, and he had to leave by 9:30, and I am supposed to have his orders sometime today!

That seems like a very quick deployment for a guy that is just a weekend warrior? He just got off 1 week of drills and there was no mention of deployment at that time, so this is a new development!

I posted this in the Panama City deployment thread as well, because as of the phone call yesterday, he had no idea if he was being deployed to work on the oil spill, or being deployed over seas. His commander promised to get me the orders in 24 to 48 hours, so I will no more today or tomorrow.

Please, please keep us informed here on ATS.

Because we are only getting these hear-say reports from news agencies in other countries, it will be nice to hear what's going on first hand!

There must be people out there who have friends or relatives currently in the ME who know "something". I know they are probably told not to talk about there current mission or orders but a hint would be better than rumours!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Originally posted by Alien Mind
It's funny how any country that fully supports US in a war is doomed to fall. If war does break out and the US does prevail are you going to come on here and say you were wrong? Funny how the US is always the bad guy but it's ok for China to commit mass murder. Thanks for showing your true colors.

It's funny how you didn't even read what I said and you're still trolling here.

It's funny how I asked you to stop trolling but you kept doing it anyway. You're not actually discussing anything here you're just spamming garbage on the forums. Did you actually read what I said?

I said If the US goes to WAR with Iran, then it might get attacked too. And that I feel sorry for the American people for having these wars fought in their name. And I felt sorry for the American people who will probably die as a result of biological weapons being unleashed in US population centres by Iranian Al Quds forces that will be coming across your southern border which is unsecured.

What that has to do with anything you just said is beyond me. I am this close to quitting these forums because of people like you being here, ranting, totally off topic because you think people care about YOUR OPINION which is not what the thread is about.

This thread is actually about "IAF Landed at Saudi Base, US Troops near Iran Border" not "the world according to Alien mind"

Belial, Don't start crying.
If Iran does unleash biological weapon that will give us more just cause to continue a war with them.
Why are you so hateful towards the USA???

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

When will this insanity end? The card from the Illuminati boardgame comes to mind. "Kill for peace". Suich a mindset is lunacy, and people still keep buying into it.

Simple concept, really. Those persons you kill will NEVER, EVER disturb your peace again, or even threaten to. They get pretty mute after that.

Billions of ordinary people all over the world just want to live in peace. Is that so very far out?

They should consider enforcing that desire. I don't even care who they start with, as long as they keep them safe from the agressor side while they pacify them.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Why not leave people the hell alone, everybody is so taken into this war is peace rubbish, the only path to peace is minding your own business.

That works out pretty well, until some other jackass comes along to mind your business for you, without permission.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
the Aircraft Carrier Nimitz and another warship just arrived in the perisna gulf today ... lots of assets in the gulf right now

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Well, I'm leaving work and I still didn't receive a phone call from my employee, or the orders from his commander. Hopefully tomorrow, just didn't want you guys to think I forgot about ya.
The assets in the Persian Gulf are pretty alarming, and there were a lot of people that claimed way back in 2002 that Iran was our "exit strategy" from Iraq and Afghanistan. Now we are down to our last 18 months in Iraq and we have a new general in Afghanistan, so it is time to unleash that strategy I suppose?

The re-appointment of Petraeous was the most alarming in my opinion! They replaced him once, and they had a good list of potential replacements for McChrystal, so to re-appoint Petraeous tells me that they are rehashing an old strategy instead of moving forward with a new leader. I highly suspect that strategy involves Iran and Pakistan.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The seriousness of this situation cant be misunderstated, with 2 ships onroute to Gaza again, 1 iranian and 1 lebonesse this could happen faster then anyone thinks. Does anyone here dought that when push comes to shove Isreal wont just attack, history tells us they will, in conjunction with someone or without anyone, its Isreal, they do what they feel will enable thier survival, they will go after anyone, and everyone, all at once or one at a time. This time, everyone, all at once.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Why doesn't Iran make this a guerilla war from the beginning..hide all the main equipment and once the attacking forces come in, ambush them...simple tactics...when your fighting a stronger enemy got to play smart not stupid.

They can use guerilla air defense tactics, luring aircraft, attack helicpoters...and then shooting them down...its been done in the past

Radar warfare and missile technology is key here. We the US have the best technology and are an offense force....Iran has to play the defensive, SAM game...Even on the ground....mine the heck out of the entire nation...I mean literally why arent they thinking....didn't they ever see the movie Home alone as a kid...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
From another thread post by me....

Ok, here it is, Israeli's find huge LNG deposit, Saudi's need huge LNG to make more money from oil, Lebanon say's it's in their waters, Israel say's they will use military force to defend it, and finally, Iran has said it will back up Syria, and Lebanon, if they are attacked, is it starting to make sense now, or am I completely off base here??? C'mon Man??

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

That would be ok as long as the war stayed conventional. But a lot of the news articles regarding Iran I have read recently have been mentioning nuclear options. Equipment won't hold up to that.

Also the US has been developing weapons specifically to bust deep bunkers that this equipment would hide in. The only time they will be safe is when they are unknown, but once they are detected you can kiss them goodbye.

Iran would have few options in the event of a war. Even closing the Straight of Hormuz would likely only be able to be done for a few weeks or a couple months (if they could do it for over a year though then they would cause massive global problems and really hurt the US).

Their best card is the guerrilla card, but that leads back to what I started this post with. Those forces would only be safe as long as they aren't known about.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
... The US and Israel could destroy Iran's army in a day and a half. But that does not make the war won, nor does it make a successful occupation.

Many pundits predict the U.S. would defeat North Vietnam in 90 days. After 10 years of fighting, and 58,000 U.S. servicemen killed, ... the U.S. finally withdraw from Vietnam.

Iran's regular army numbers only 500,000 men, but it's back up by a militia numbering 9,000,000 men.

Quantity does matter in warfare.

[edit on 6/25/2010 by coolieno99]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sir Solomon

Yes but there are decoys, and weapons that are desinged to look like weapons but are decoys....

Intelligence gets a report of weapons at site A.....en route to site A a SAM battery ambushes the entering choppers...site A was a false lead...designed to stop choppers, fighters

Did you ever know that the SEADS mission in the bosnian-serbian war was hard for NATO. Even though the opponents had worse equipment than NATO the enemy air defense commander was smart...he turned his radar on momentarily...shot a missle...moved his equipment...rinse and repeat...its a game of tactics when you are undergunned...it was very very scary for NATO forces even to play around with third class equipment when a person who knows how to use it is behind the wheel

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
the Aircraft Carrier Nimitz and another warship just arrived in the perisna gulf today ... lots of assets in the gulf right now

We need to nuke them

This will be another Pearl Harbor.

Never learn from history.

Da capo al fine.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
There is no doubt that we are massing the troops over there. How can we effectively uphold a three front war? I sure hope they have learned from the fiasco's in Afghanistan and Iraq. Do the opposite; strike hard, strike fast and strike repeatedly! Otherwise, we will have a three front fiasco.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Interesting, but the US won't be going in with AH-64's and F-15's on the first strike. There are 24 F-22's in the region along with B-2's that could easily be used. Along with the 4 Guided Missile subs that have been deployed at the same time for the first time ever.

Not saying that completely solves the offense side of the equation, but makes it more interesting.

The decoy idea is worth looking into and fits into the ideas of some of the major scholarly work on the future of warfare (where swarming a defending target will be the norm instead of battle lines, rendering items like Aircraft Carriers almost useless except as projections of power for first strike roles). The problem I have with it though is when the war stars (not an if anymore I'm sure we can all agree), there will be a massive launch of weaponry on the US' part. Tomahawks, JDAM, and every other type of long range or high altitude weapon will be lobbed at all the pre-determined targets. Iran would need to have all of their real forces very well hidden even from satellites.

I wonder if any of their equipment can track stealth fighters. Didn't the Russians say their S-300 could do that? That sale got dropped though so I doubt Iran will have that ace to play.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

Got a link for this?

Would that make 3 carriers there? 3 carriers usually means war.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sir Solomon

wonder if any of their equipment can track stealth fighters. Didn't the Russians say their S-300 could do that? That sale got dropped though so I doubt Iran will have that ace to play.

When it comes to the F-22, we can't even detect it!! They certainly do not have any way of tracking our F-22, B-2, and F-117A's.

However, they will likely do what Iraq did in 1991 and just put up a wall of shrapnel that is impossible to fly through. We can fly over it for the most part, but not through it.

Therefore a first strike has to be highly coordinated with our low level stealth fighters getting in undetected first. Followed by higher level B-2 type stealth craft. And that would be followed by Cruise missile and long range strikes. AFter that first barrage is over, we can continue with sporadic surprise strikes.

In my opinion, all the troop build up and test runs and public announcement of assets are a decoy for our special forces already on the ground inside Iran eroding the governments power. I highly doubt we would strike from Azerb or from Saudi Arabia or Turkey. It is too obvious and they have surely put up defenses for that scenario. I say any strikes would now likely come from Iraq, Afghan, and Israel. Or maybe there is a totally secret possibility that we have all missed? These guys are very good at their jobs, so anything is possible!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
When it comes to the F-22, we can't even detect it!! They certainly do not have any way of tracking our F-22, B-2, and F-117A's.
!

Jet aircrafts are slowpokes. By the time these things reach the Iran border, Iran already unleashed their salvos of Shihab 3 missiles raining down on Tel Aviv at a terminal velocity of 4,000 mph.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join