It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Special "TOP HAT" Cover on Top of the BOP has Apparently Blown Off!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What are all those line son the sea bed skandi rov 1?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

Probably cracks as pressure builds up and magma burns the oil, increasing pressure

IT'S A BIG FOOKIN PISTON OF DOOM!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Relaxfreedom

The picture is self-explanatory. Do you think that spraying dispersants will help or only hide and worsen the situation? I tell you.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by D1ss1dent]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Although, sulfur isn't THAT yellow underwater. So honestly I don't know what it is.

yes, but this could be magnified by lighting effects (though no way is that totally lighting as other surfaces would be showing yellow). I am putting my money on sulfur.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So which is it... an ROV bumped a vent, hydrates were forming, or they noticed a burp?

Just for once I would like a straight answer!

I also want to know who shot the boat captain and why.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
y is it yellowish is that lava coming out

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This part caught my attention

It had collected about 700,000 gallons of oil in the previous 24 hours. Another 438,000 gallons was burned.

So the oil they capture is just burned? Couldn't it still be separated from any water, refined and used for something other than just being burned to get rid of it

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
On Skandia ROV2, I think we are looking at two different rates of flow.

One being the 'smaller' pipe that was supposed to be the well.
The other being from the casing.

The troubling bit, is if the oil source is the same for both, is the darker fluid from the casing carrying silts/dirt etc?

M.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

Actually, hydrogen sulfide does kind of look yellow in water. So with the lighting the way it is, you are probably correct.

If the pressure keeps rising (as it presumably has been), and the thing is gushing out what may be hydrogen sulfide... that is really really bad news.

Of course, this is just my opinion. I only know what I can research.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
So which is it... an ROV bumped a vent, hydrates were forming, or they noticed a burp?

Just for once I would like a straight answer!

I also want to know who shot the boat captain and why.

Yep.... Hearing all sorts of stories on this one...

What I want to know is what's the flow now!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well though, H2S could be sourced by petro processes, whereas pure sulfur could be more indicative of volcanic geology (I am more sure of the former than the latter).

I know that H2S is colorless in air but I am not sure about water. Anyhow, I think that is way to concentrate for H2S and I suspect pure sulfur.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
What Skandi ROV1 doing and what is it moving.I wish they had someone that could tell us common folk. Just put some closed captioning on here and that would do fine.
If they told us,

we would all know

That...........

We're all gonna die!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well on Skandi 1 they seem to have broken something on the floor. I wonder what it is, and what was it they broke off? I hope that is what they planned to do.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
My husband's coworker has been keeping abreast of the spill and he believes the yellow we are seeing is a liquid that is being pumped along with the oil to keep it from crystallizing. He said the inlet hose is plugged in a lower part of the BOP.

That's a better scenario than sulfur.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Charly111

No. The pipe would be melting. That would be surfer. Specifically hydrogen sulfide. It's what comes up as the bottom of the oil well cracks and the vacuum effect sucks it up. The oil is heating now. Soon it will ignite when the magma hits it, and explode like a few nuclear bombs neatly packed under the sea floor. You might want to leave the coast. This is like Yellowstone exploding. Just be lucky the sea will sacrifice itself and cool the magma. Not before it heats away a good part of the gulf and puts ash everywhere.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I would rather know I was going to die so that I could take care of a few things first. And then again if it was a quick death that would be ok also. Just do not want to have it be a drawn out process that makes you know it is coming but you don't have enough time to take care of business.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
did anyone just see that ell type fish swim by the Boa Deep C rov 2? odd how that is just a nice settled looking shot and the view on the skandi Neptune rov1 is seeming right by it kicking up all kinds of dust mud... scratching head... Which is the looped feed I wonder? Im watching here:

Mixed live feeds

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MotherofBlessings

Thanks, I had wondered if they were injecting something, and that would be consistent with the hydrate forming theory (trying to prevent formation etc). Much better scenario than sulfur!

[edit on 23-6-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MotherofBlessings

As I understand it, there are two pipes within that 21" riser, one is the oil pipe, the other is a drill pipe (maybe one inside the other? I don't know for sure, just something I read on the Oil Drum site). We're seeing two different colors because there are two different flows coming out, and two different flows are probably because one or both pipes are cracked in different places down below and being feed by two different flows. In any case, ain't nothing being pumped into that mix before it comes out of those two pipes, so what you are seeing is what is down below.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
Well on Skandi 1 they seem to have broken something on the floor. I wonder what it is, and what was it they broke off? I hope that is what they planned to do.

I was watching that too, they zoomed right in on the metal part just above the part they broke off. I thought the one they zoomed on looked like it was leaking something.
It did not look intentional that they snapped it off but that is just my opinion.
Still watching Skandi 1 here.
Regards,

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join