It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Special "TOP HAT" Cover on Top of the BOP has Apparently Blown Off!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
is it just me or does it look as though where the oil is coming out the top of the bop it is getting bigger? as in eroding away at the top of the bop? i just looked at the feed after watching it about 10 mins. ago and it definetly looks different. maybe just the camera angle. i hope.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Ex

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Why is the time clock on ROV 2
all of a sudden, back an hour?

www.bp.com...

[edit on 6/23/2010 by Ex]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
NY Time also conforms to the truth....

www.nytimes.com...

Once again... and as usual... we here at Abovetopsecret.com got it first!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Wow you don't see that everyday. Someone didn't check it before it went out it looks like.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Gulf of Mexico well was removed Wednesday after a robotic vehicle apparently bumped into a cap vent and closed it, raising the possibility of hydrates forming, said Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen, the government's response manager.

Allen also said that two oil recovery workers in the Gulf of Mexico have died. One died in a swimming accident; the other was an operator of a boat, he said.

The above is from CNN - just wanted your view on the second paragraph - 2 recovery workers died -sketchy details and in the same report about the cap vent. Something very strange going on here.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

I think they are going by central time. I have been noticing that same thing here lately.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It looks pretty now atleast.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Dead crab, big one, on the sea floor near the base of the BOP. Skandi 1 just passed by it.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Odd that 2 workers die at the same time the cap is 'removed'. Methane bubble hit the surface perhaps?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Presumably skandi rov1 is looking at the fallen platform??

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
On the local news here in Atlanta has said that BP acknowledged removing it and are in the process of replacing it later today. Wether that happens we will have to see. And yes somethings just not right here.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Seems like the deaths are "unrelated" to the oil cleanup. It only mentions one death, a boat captain found shot.

I'd like to know more about that, where he was shot and the circumstances surrounding his death

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I would love to see a monster squid or octopuss grab one of these ROV's and drag it away into the abyss. I wonder if they would crap themselves seeing that happen.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So what about this bright yellow color? I just heard a CNN report on the cap removal but no one is commenting on this color change. I can only think of one substance that is that yellow, and its sulfur (and you know where that comes from).

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
FYI for those who would like to know about the colors.

Orange-yellow: sulfur. HIGHLY likely Hydrogen sulfide
Green: Possibly chlorine. Possibly a Chromium flame gas disbursement.
White: steam, but of course.

This points to a volcanic event.

Listen

You've got a pump releasing literally the amount of oil that powers some nations for years. That is years with an s at the end. You leave something like that running for 60+ days, the surface bellow the bubble is going to BURST. And in a tectonically active location, you are going to have magma come up. And when a very hot substance reaches an easily burnable substance, you are going to have lots of pressure. 60 days later and, if anything, its gushing stronger. Pressure does not get added unless something is pushing up bellow the oil.

These are all the sure fire signs of a brand new volcanic eruption.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

If a boat captain was shot it kind of makes you wonder if BP security took care of a problem. That is just my thought. it maybe nothing,but you can never dismiss that from being an answer. Hopefully we find out more about these deaths.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by djexploit
The feeds seem better there, but there is no chat window, I think both links are good, thanks!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

I was thinking the same thing. If it is not a lighting effect (which I don't believe it is) then its either a really funky mix of oil and other crud.

Or its a whole bunch of sulfur. And if that is the case... that is NOT good.

Although, sulfur isn't THAT yellow underwater. So honestly I don't know what it is.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by DerekJR321]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
According to Adm. Allen, they noticed a 'burp' in the line, of either natural gas or hydrocarbons coming up through the line meant to carry heated water down. They elected to remove the cap as a safety measure. Oil and gas were detected in the space between the riser and the drill pipe, where it was not expected.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join