It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Special "TOP HAT" Cover on Top of the BOP has Apparently Blown Off!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

See, See, I said the Top Hat was dumb Idea. They should have gone
with the Big Sombrero!, or worst case the Daddy Long Pants.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by N.of norml
A close look at the pipe shows it is glowing yellow hot at the inside rim on the thick pipe. I sure hope they are injecting air to cause this in order to deep burn the gasses before they hit the surface and not that the gas has not found some source of oxidizer.
Can someone who can read the screen info on the ROV's. Is there a temp reading in that mess of text? My eyes are not good enough to read it all. I would not expect much more than a minute change in the temp (~.5degree)

Another possibility is it is flowing molten sulphur which is the same reddish orange glow as seen in the pics. The temps are high enough to produce molten sulphur @ 400. At any rate is seems very convincing when looking at the ROV that this is not just oil turned yellow, but rather a firey hot eruption.
Time will tell I guess.
N.

Haven't seen anything regarding temp. readings.

Also looks like some white bubbles is coming out from the brown flow going behind the yellow flow.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Does anyone have a live feed capture of this thing actually blowing off? Or any pics uploaded to a Flickr account or something?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
If you watch the dark area behind the bright orange area, at the start of the BOP top, you can see orange flickering at the bottom of the dark stuff as well. I asked on another thread yesterday it if were flames I was seeing, and I agree that it wasn't, but looking at the pipe where the orange is coming out, I would agree with a previous poster that it is extremely hot, whatever it is, and I think we could be seeing something incredibly serious going on here.

Please, whoever has the capability (I don't) to record this today, please do so for as long as possible. Thank you !

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I see the orange color on Skandi II, but the pics from Skandi I show brown colored plume.

Is it lighting? Or not?

Ex

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
OMG!!
The pipes seem to be melting and falling away!

www.bp.com...

Does this thing look like it's ready to just explode into a
full grown volcano??
The truth is there is no oilrig anymore and this is a
giant hole on the ocean floor collecting momentum.

[edit on 6/23/2010 by Ex]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
They have either picked up the top hat, or they DID take it off. Enterprise ROV 2 is showing it hooked to a lift line.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Look at the color of the plume leaving the stack on Skandi ROV1 - it almost looks like HOT exhaust...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I can see the orange on Skandi ROV 1 now as well. Pay attention to where it comes out.

I don't think it is the lighting.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
How big is this hole? I mean the radius of the pipe

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
what is that thing to the LHS that looks like a piece of broken pipe at an angle with fire coming out of it ? Is it something spraying something at the gusher or something melting?

link   

Originally posted by Hellas

I remember reading somewhere that it is 21 inches diameter. I don't know if thats ID or OD though.

link   
It could have become clogged, thus why it would have appeared to be dancing around. I was recording some feeds, but not the top of the BOP. Looking back on what I had been recording, I saw I being raised up through the water.

link   
I don't know what anyone else is seeing, but I think I see the Top Hat going back on the BOP as I watch Skandi I and Enterprise 2 ROV videos.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
BTW, to compare what you see now to what the flow looked like after they had cut that riser off, you can view video here. Quite a bit difference.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

link   

Originally posted by who-me?

Originally posted by Hellas

I remember reading somewhere that it is 21 inches diameter. I don't know if thats ID or OD though.

Actually not that big..

link   
The top hat flow on Enterprise 2 just switched from black to white.

No clues.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by trolleleet]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Something is definitely going on with the top hat - it's blowing white bubbles out of the stacks now... Perhaps blowing out some sludge?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by trolleleet
nm

I think valves have to be open to dump pressure when the top hat is reattached.

So until it is connected, we should see oil coming out of those dump sites.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't see the top hat going back on, but I do see dispersant flowing out of the top of it.

I don't see anything BUT dispersant being applied on any shot.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join