It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Special "TOP HAT" Cover on Top of the BOP has Apparently Blown Off!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Ok I video taped my laptop stream with my handycam. Not great but at least it's now stored on ATS as evidence.

I don't know how to embed videos (Mods -- please help!!) but here's the link to it.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Mike

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

My video is uploading to youtube, I figured better there than here.

I'll link it when it's finished.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by djexploit

Thank you for posting those shots! Very very much appreciated!

Wait and see how long until the MSM wakes up to this.

Anyone know a journalist anywhere???

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The Enterprise - ROV 2 was splashed with oil and broken down gobs of stuff--tar etc.. it had to back away. It was like it exploded oil--the top hat area, not the pipe gushing oil. It had to back away.

seems they are wondering where this is coming from??

Very weird. Would be NICE if BP still kept us up to date on what they are doing daily. That seemed to stop a few weeks ago. GRRR

[edit on 6/23/2010 by Pharyax]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Thank you! But could you please back it up by uploading it into media on ATS? Youtube vids can get taken down, you see -- or blocked in certain countries. If you have a backup on ATS then it's like insurance.

BTW folks I have to go out (work!). Will be back on line in a few hours.

Thanks you all for being awake to this. OMG it's very bad news if they've really lost that Top Hat... and it looks like they have.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
All -

The cameras can see color at any depth. They just need to be pointed at something white, and then re-programmed to see that color as white with the ambient colors. This is why you are seeing the colors you are.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Okay so I'll be five minutes late for work. Tough.

If you're watching the feeds, you may be wondering whether they have this situation under control or not. Frankly I think they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off right now.

Idea: could someone do some digging for any images of the top of the BOP before they put the top hat on, and compare them with what we are seeing now? That will help to confirm what we are looking at. There are doubtless some members who have images they've saved or bookmarked.

Please post them so we can compare!

Ok I must get off to work or I'll be in deeper whatever than BP is now...

Mike

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Is it normal to see different kind of leak colors like this, on SKANDI 2 you can clearly see the bright orange leak from the higher point is different from the other leak flow.

That can't be the lighting alone...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

I saw that. I saw atleast a basketball sized chunk of something come up and almost hit the ROV causing it to back away quickly.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Is the white cloud that is spraying in front of the leak on Skandi ROV 2 Corexit?

WTH is going on?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Yes it is, SKANDI 1 is the ROV holding it.

Haven't seen them not use dispersants yet

Flow looks pretty strong.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by trolleleet]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I do not know how to capture video. So if you would please look at ROV2 and tell me what that orange plume to the right of the camera is? Is that an oil plume? The only thing is, is doesn't appear to get get bigger and it appers to be stationary.

Thanks!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
That is a whollllleeee lotta corexit getting pumped in right now.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BooBoo46
I do not know how to capture video. So if you would please look at ROV2 and tell me what that orange plume to the right of the camera is? Is that an oil plume? The only thing is, is doesn't appear to get get bigger and it appers to be stationary.

Thanks!!!

Maybe it's just oil that hit the cam..dunno

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by trolleleet
Is it normal to see different kind of leak colors like this, on SKANDI 2 you can clearly see the bright orange leak from the higher point is different from the other leak flow.

The orange color is indicative of gasses mixing with the oil with the catch being that the mix has to happen close to the exit in order for the color to be isolated to one part of the plume. Were it deeper, the color would be more spread out.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
A close look at the pipe shows it is glowing yellow hot at the inside rim on the thick pipe. I sure hope they are injecting air to cause this in order to deep burn the gasses before they hit the surface and not that the gas has not found some source of oxidizer.
Can someone who can read the screen info on the ROV's. Is there a temp reading in that mess of text? My eyes are not good enough to read it all. I would not expect much more than a minute change in the temp (~.5degree)

Another possibility is it is flowing molten sulphur which is the same reddish orange glow as seen in the pics. The temps are high enough to produce molten sulphur @ 400. At any rate is seems very convincing when looking at the ROV that this is not just oil turned yellow, but rather a firey hot eruption.
Time will tell I guess.
N.

link   
reply to post by BooBoo46

Pretty sure it's just a ROV arm/tool/gadget, looks pretty greased up tho.

link   
reply to post by trolleleet

Thanks! With how hard the oil is gushing out, it looks like the Corexit is being pushed out of the way completely.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by trolleleet

It's the light.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
reply to post by trolleleet

Thanks! With how hard the oil is gushing out, it looks like the Corexit is being pushed out of the way completely.

Actually, due to the laws of fluid-dynamics, it is being sucked up into the plume

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join