It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Satellite Image of Pensacola Bay Shows Heavy Oil

page: 1
6

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Here's a satellite image of Pensacola Bay.







Now hear is what a Pensacola Beach website is saying



Status update as of June 22, 2010
photo taken on Pensacola Beach, June 20, 2010
photo taken at Pensacola Beach, June 20, 2010

The beaches of Pensacola Beach and Perdido Key are open for swimming.

Visit Pensacola is closely monitoring official sources related to the oil spill, and we will share information as it comes in.

Field monitors report that Pensacola Beach looks clean and clear. Monitors on Perdido Key report several areas with five percent or less tar ball coverage. According to NOAA, tar balls do not pose a health risk to the average person, but visitors are advised not to pick them up. To read NOAA’s information about tar balls, click here. County officials are closely patrolling the beaches from Perdido Key to Park East on Pensacola Beach, and skimmer vessels respond to reports of oil sightings as needed.

www.visitpensacola.com...

Are they not privy to the satellite image from June 18th? Or is tourism and the almighty dollar more important than peoples health?




posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It appears that people in the area are well aware of the oil, but their hands are tied due to red tape.



Fire the government!



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Tar is now washing into the shores of pensacola and is not just a littler bit is all over the water like sea weed.

So sad that this is happening this is the end for the summer tourist season in Pensacola right now.



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There are 400,000 people plus living in this area, with a large majority relying on a clean ocean for a living. This is one small area, of the Gulf Coast line.



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm from Pensacola, and I have in-laws that work for emergency services in Escambia County there... and a couple of those are in fairly high places, so I get some good information from them.

From what they have told me, trying to do anything at this point is for naught, thanks to all the red tape and beauracracy. There are small portions of the beaches in Esc. county that are still white and pristine, but those are disappearing little by little each day.

Unfortunately for Pensacola's economy, the people there are heavily dependent on a combination of tourism and military training facilities. With the Oil Spill, the economy is already being dragged down mightily. Without July and August tourism revenue, it wouldn't be surprising to see Pensacola's unemployment rate rise from 9% to somewhere near the 15% mark.

I pray for my family and hometown, and all the others in the Gulf Coast.

GBD



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuiltyByDesign
I'm from Pensacola, and I have in-laws that work for emergency services in Escambia County there... and a couple of those are in fairly high places, so I get some good information from them.

From what they have told me, trying to do anything at this point is for naught, thanks to all the red tape and beauracracy. There are small portions of the beaches in Esc. county that are still white and pristine, but those are disappearing little by little each day.

Unfortunately for Pensacola's economy, the people there are heavily dependent on a combination of tourism and military training facilities. With the Oil Spill, the economy is already being dragged down mightily. Without July and August tourism revenue, it wouldn't be surprising to see Pensacola's unemployment rate rise from 9% to somewhere near the 15% mark.

I pray for my family and hometown, and all the others in the Gulf Coast.

GBD


Thank you for responding. I've been to the area. It's beautiful, as many of the areas along the Gulf Coast are. Some are more populated than others, but all of the areas will be devastated by this, as well as the residents of these areas.

The rest of the country, feels your pain. What can we do to help?



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned
 


Thanks for your concern, it is appreciated.

From what my sources tell me, the command center in Mobile is stonewalling many requests for manpower and what not. Unofficially, however, the County Commisioners and EMS personell of Escambia County have been using "local" help (IE, off the books, volunteers, good Samaritans, etc) to get a better grasp on the situation.

As far as what you can do to help, I honestly don't know. I'd head back home right now to help, but I am currently unable to do so, thanks to my job (military). Pray for us if you are of a spiritual sort... if not, just keep us in your thoughts.

Speaking of which... I just realized I'd better come up with a good argument to get my family to evacuate if a hurricane comes in... crud.

GBD



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuiltyByDesign
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned
 


Thanks for your concern, it is appreciated.

From what my sources tell me, the command center in Mobile is stonewalling many requests for manpower and what not. Unofficially, however, the County Commisioners and EMS personell of Escambia County have been using "local" help (IE, off the books, volunteers, good Samaritans, etc) to get a better grasp on the situation.

As far as what you can do to help, I honestly don't know. I'd head back home right now to help, but I am currently unable to do so, thanks to my job (military). Pray for us if you are of a spiritual sort... if not, just keep us in your thoughts.

Speaking of which... I just realized I'd better come up with a good argument to get my family to evacuate if a hurricane comes in... crud.

GBD


Any word as to why the US Navy hasn't been mobilized in the Gulf to help defend the coastlines.

I would think this would be a good time (and a legal reason) to involve the US military. I think seeing the military jump in with sleeves rolled up would greatly quell public dissent and suspicion towards federal government.

The fact that the military has not been called up, makes me suspect that the Fed Govt is holding back Navy assets for other purposes, other than protecting the US coastlines, which is what the military, especially the Navy, supposed to be doing.



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The oil washing in on Pensacola Beach this morning is VERY heavy. The YouTube video I am posting is from 6am this morning showing the blobs of oil washing up on my feet and coming in by the dump truck load in the surf.




posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teahupoo
The oil washing in on Pensacola Beach this morning is VERY heavy. The YouTube video I am posting is from 6am this morning showing the blobs of oil washing up on my feet and coming in by the dump truck load in the surf.



That was ugly!

Brace yourselves, cause sh*t is about to hit the fan.



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Monday morning I was listening to am 580 wdbo radio station. A caller who is vacationing in north Florida was enjoying the beach along with many others when the oil came in.

He called the radio station to let the listeners know BP workers showed up soon afterwards. The caller said they began to take anything that had the oil on it including their personal beach towels while beginning to clean up the oil.

I wish I heard the callers exact location.

If the callers story is true, why are the workers confiscating their oily towels?

I wonder what would happen if someone didn't allow them to take their towels.



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned
 


I'm in the Navy, actually.

I've asked my chain of command if they have heard anything coming down the pipe about possible mobilization to help clean-up, which I have abundantely made clear that I would like to volunteer for.

Nothing. Nadda. Zip.

Technically the Coast Guard is in charge of protecting our 'home' waters. Personally, I say let the Navy go in and get to work. There are MANY of us who want to help and see this disaster as a direct threat to national security, not even to mention the damage it is doing to the Gulf, it's wildlife, residents, and our way of life.

To see so little being done about such a world-changing event (Yes, I fully believe this will change our lives)

And now I see that the cap has failed and two people have lost their lives... tragedy continues.



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Two people have lost their lifes??? Did this happen when the Top Hat broke and the machine crashed???



new topics

top topics



 
6

log in

join