It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatars: Why did you choose yours?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hmmm.... Just like the imagery I guess. This particular avatar is from one of my all time favorite bands, The Residents. The Eyeball head in the top hat and tuxedo is rather fetching is it not?

IRM

[edit on 24/6/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Mine is of my 1596 alter-ego, Lord Cuhail McMurphy. It's me, of course, but, a good picture one day working at Bristol Renaissance Faire. My soul is supposedly twice as old as the character I portray at BRF. 13 "lives" so far and all but two I was an Irishman...the other two were Scottish.

I'd buy myself a drink, but, I'm too cheap to share!

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Simple.

I chose my avatar because it matches my user name.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I randomly picked a word out of the blue and it happened to be "thermocline"
so I doctored it up making into Thermo (pretty hot!) and Klein (a last name, although nothing to do with my name).

I searched around the internet til I found some random power point on transduction and thermoclines and snagged a pic from it

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Because I am 1337.
End of story.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
chiming in late...
i think my avatar speaks for itself...
and uh...yeah. its gilda.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by h1satsu
Because I am 1337.
End of story.

Nice avatar, making mine now then I'll edit why I made it.

1337 is

E=MC^2
E= 3
M=1
C=4

3=1*4^2
X^2= 169 =196/X
Energy is 3, Mass is 1. 13^2= 169 = 196/13
Speed of light = 3.14^2

Therefore 169/E=MC^2 = 196
E= 3
M= 1
C= 4
^2 = .

Speed of light 186,000 of a sec

3.14^2/13 = 196,000 of a sec

10,000 of a sec faster than light.

4 zero + 1

Four zero's proceeds One

Escape the matrix

[edit on 24-6-2010 by TheUltimateEnd]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Cool thread...

I didn't really feel a 'need' to have one, I just wanted one because I feel weird without an avatar, hehe. I chose it because Travis Bickle is a character who wouldn't take it anymore and stood up against the 'scum' in his own sad and desperate way. I identify with his loneliness, and his need to make a stand. A true anti-hero.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I chose my avatar because it is an essense of who and what I am. An elegant beautiful woman, whos soul is trapped in the victorian era, who loves big beautiful gowns. And Purple is my favorite colour

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
My avatar shows a links/chains of DNA out stretched to the moon and the stars, I chose this avatar because anyone that studies and researches our true history will see quite clearly our connection to the stars has always been with us from birth.

It is there to remind me that life is never what it seems when others have agendas to mislead us in order to make their own gains.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
On May 26, 2000, 9:28 p.m., I was in my backyard when this UFO flew overhead, headed directly towards Vandenberg AFB. Five minutes later, a second, identical boomerang flew almost exactly over my head, this time headed straight for Edwards AFB. Since I got a "replay," I feel this representation is very accurate. Silent, big, fast.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

But each must have some meaning to you, or you would not have put them up there to represent you on here. People reading your post will make judgements about you on your avatar as people judge you by your dress code.

Good. I rarely say the truth anyway. Or do I ?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater

Originally posted by LightFantastic

G'day kitty, I would say about average

Pffft. Most cats I know can't even spell properly.

That's easy.. P R O P E.. Oh you did so too spell it !!! Sneaky!

As to the OP being asked if he is on a forum with kids because of the avatars.... All you have to do is read to them some of the posts around here and you will have explained to them all they need to know.

Take that either way

Why does it have to flip out at the speed of light?

A simple experiment to recreate this example is to get any camera, spin it around yourself and take a quick second exposure of a object ahead of you.
You'll then see once the image comes out the object is defined (while the picture is distorted) as the camera has tried to focus in on it.

The same thing applies for this, as the guys lost his grip on the phone he's released the camera taking a picture, its done a revolution (taking a image of itself) before the shutter was closed again, and out came the picture of the phone taking a picture of itself.

The mystery of the Mobile Phone Self Image...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightFantastic

I have had the wife and collegues asking if I am on a forum with children because of some them.

um.. Why do they think your lurking on a kids site? Do certain people need to be notified when you move? /Bazinga

Anyways.. I made mine in Photoshop..

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
1.) I'm Mexican

2.) Anti-heroes Rock!

3.) Mods don't like me much....

Story of my life.

Plus who doe not love Tuco?

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
My nickname is Squirrel, and this is what I do...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Mine changes frequently as per mood.
I don't pick them, they pick me.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Initially I had a lot of spiritual questions for an extended period of time. I stumbled upon ATS randomly one night, and never left. I owe a great deal to ATS, truth be told. Whatever your views are, it helped me a lot. I got into Buddhism more so because of it, Power of One, Positive thinking, More so about quantum mechanics, Earth, Ancient History. Usually I would find/read a topic on here, and then research it further.
Anyhow, im rambling on...the main reason iI have MY avatar as this, is because its how/reason why I even FOUND ATS in the first Place. Seeking for spiritual answers, finding how who I am and whats real in the world.
My picture is a design made awhile back titled

"Liberation from our physical form, to a spiritual"

as you can tell the bottom is the person in physical form, then the SPIRIT is coming out and rising up, and then the higher self is ABOVE THAT, and going into the Universal Consciousness. I think its fitting =]

Heres a link of the "rest of it" if you want a high res. link let me know =]
c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...

[edit on 24/6/2010 by kaskade]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I chose my avatar to match my name as a lot of people do. Chose the name as I guess I was thinking about conspiracy-ish themes and a lot of GM stuff came to mind, particularly GM canola which is everywhere here in Australia.

I guess I also made the avatar hoping people would find it funny or maybe even a bit clever? I’m normally pretty modest but tend to be a smart ass.

If it hasn't been said before OP, you can read ATS without logging in and you won't see anyone’s avatar.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MonsantoTriffid

I really like your avatar, but your screen name is totally choice!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join