It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatars: Why did you choose yours?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I chose my avatar cuz I smoke and the mystique
of a dark room trying to get info. Kinda like those
old mafia movies where they put you in a dark
room with just one light and there are dark figures
all around but you can't see their faces. Kinda
like the NWO don't ya think??? Except I'm the
one in the light !!!! trying to find truth.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I just want to make believe...
Won't you be my neighbor? We can share a closet full of sweaters.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Because I

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I dont no but the Dog reminds me of Frank Zappa i like Cocker Spaniels and with all the late 60s gear it brings back a lot of great memories, been an old Hippie an all!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I made a ridiculously

long avatar for those

long posts I sometimes make.

I'm not sure if

You can see the whole thing, but it goes like this:

False color imagery of Lidar near some island village

followed by a satellite high above earth

using it's "Eagle Eye" to

make the first image.

Then this is followed by a more drone like

perspective of some suburban area

using, again, Lidar point clouds

in standard white points.

Then if the post ever gets long enough

I subtly blended it into my

old Avatar which was artwork

for the cover of a book

by William Gibson called "Neuromancer".

Then blend to black so that if the post is

long enough, the top repeats...

I did this because I work in the field of GIS (Geographic Information Systems) and I think Lidar is the future of data gathering for Big Brother. It's both a cool yet potentially scary technology, especially if you believe that the Singularity is truly coming. You know, like Sky Net in Terminator.

Any who, that's why I made my Avatar. To the see the whole thing you can always right-click on it and click on "View Image" or "View Background Image".

[edit on 23-6-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Like every little bit that expresses the freedom of the Internet, I chose the Suit of Anonymous. It speaks volumes to the millions of internet users who have decided to use it as the representative for all of us. The ACU Camouflage is for my service to the fight for freedom as a soldier of the United States Army.

We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not Forgive. We do not Forget.

Expect us.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
A little schmaltzy for some perhaps... but if you had seen him with children you might agree.

“When some proud son of man returns to earth, Unknown to glory, but upheld by birth, The sculptor's art exhausts the pomp of woe And storied urns record who rest below: When all is done, upon the tomb is seen, Not what he was, but what he should have been: But the poor dog, in life the firmest friend, The first to welcome, foremost to defend, Whose honest heart is still his master's own, Who labours, fights, lives, breathes for him alone, Unhonour'd falls, unnoticed all his worth-- Denied in heaven the soul he held on earth: While Man, vain insect! hopes to be forgiven, And claims himself a sole exclusive Heaven.

Oh Man! thou feeble tenant of an hour, Debased by slavery, or corrupt by power, Who knows thee well must quit thee with disgust, Degraded mass of animated dust!

Thy love is lust, thy friendship all a cheat, Thy smiles hypocrisy, thy words deceit!

By nature vile, ennobled but by name, Each kindred brute might bid thee blush for shame.

Ye! who perchance behold this simple urn, Pass on--it honours none you wish to mourn: To mark a Friend's remains these stones arise; I never knew but one,--and here he lies.
Lord Byron

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I just switched to this one today from the bear photo I had up for a long time.

No real reason. I like something easy to spot as I scroll through pages.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Because not enough participants on this website know the Riddle of Steel!

edit reply to post by Cito

Conans' sword of Crom strikes you perfectly, wrecking for 999,999 damage

[edit on 23/6/10 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is the debut of my brand new, made today avatar, to replace the blank grey space to the left of all my posts. I choose to make this my avatar because to me, it represents the pursuit of freedom.

Symbolism ..."Remember the Alamo", alamo reflected in scooter windscreen because freedom is worth fighting for.
... scooter windscreen, representing the freedom of the road on 2 wheels, freedom from rising gas prices and freedom to roam where I want to go.
... breaking out of a drab, cloudy background into a bright future!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatthiasGoliath
I just want to make believe...
Won't you be my neighbor? We can share a closet full of sweaters.

LOL no Thanks mr Rodgers I rather be MR Robinson Neighbor in the Hood LOL

See the videos!!!!

www.funnyordie.com...
www.hulu.com...
Funny tho high flying trolley !

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

I chose mine because I can hack computers, stop bullets, fly etc. Oh, and I have a plug socket in the back of my head.

I did rotate the image for some reason which is a shame because I cant actually remember why.

On a more serious note, I like the matrix character but I did change a few things to reflect my own views.

Cheers.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
my avatar

Wolf was in my location if your interested about my Avatar look below

the Artical
www.indiancountrytoday.com...

the news Video !
www.wptz.com...

the Audio
www.northcountrypublicradio.org...

Wolfenz Name from one of my favorite Movies ! its Called WOLFEN about the Spirt wolf , Werewolf living in NYC , and the Mohawk Iron Workers tells the story about them

the Video my Favorite Part of the Movie the tale told by the Mohawk Iron Workers see the video below at the 1.00 mark awesome clip

the background is I

ohh about the Mohawk Iron Workers !

www.npr.org...
www.sites.si.edu...
www.nativenewyorkers.maureengoogoo.com...

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

Originally posted by LightFantastic
Actually smoke my wife commented on your avatar with "he looks like he can whip some ass!" Looks can be decieving! I had an assistant in a bookshop ask if I had been dragged there by the wife!

Indeed looks can be deceiving and I can certainly take care of myself if forced if I had no choice but I would much rather avoid rather than confront and if not possible to avoid then I would rather talk. I am one for fostering a positive karma based on mutual respect you see and these days I know that negativity brings more of the same so if I ever had to be what I might have been happy to do in the past then I am regressing and not progressing in my life.

You wife sounds funny though, please send her my regards

Thanks for your reasoning it makes sense to me - sadly I know nothing of art and symbolism.

Not at all!

I used to do a lot of art as part of personal therapy in a military hospital prior to being medically discharged from the army. As for symbolism well to be fair I live with the residual effects of post traumatic stress disorder which these days thankfully only manifests its self into ritualistic behaviours and repetitive actions rather than the night terrors and flashbacks of old.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/918168841366.jpg[/atsimg]

I have learned to channel this errant psychological behaviour down at the local gymnasium, so every cloud has a silver lining as far as I see it and it thus allows me to train hard and actually zone out and become one with another place in my mind.

Being fit in body allows me to become fit in mind and this is harnessed to a greater degree as a positive force in my life by making meditation a positive influence in my daily routine.

Win, win all round!

The mandelbrot set in that orientation does look a lot like a sitting Bhudda.

It sure does and makes me wonder if there is something more to this but for the moment my thirst for insight is travelling in another direction at the moment but I do intend to come back to that strange coincidence at a later time in my life – there is no hurry.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I think Picard's hot. LOL

It's a nice avatar

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Why did I choose this avatar?

I suppose because it symbolizes youth and innocence...of which I am neither

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Because not enough participants on this website know the Riddle of Steel!

edit reply to post by Cito

Conans' sword of Crom strikes you perfectly, wrecking for 999,999 damage

[edit on 23/6/10 by GhostR1der]

ahh the Secret of steel ! another fav of mine!

this is the real truth of the Lost Secret and still could not duplicated!!

FOR REAL!!! Riddle of Steel

Ancient Steel's Surprise Ingredient Damascus saber is found to contain carbon nanotub

European metallurgists were never able to replicate Damascus steel, and the ancient recipe has been lost for nearly 200 years. Paufler hopes that the nanoscale structures will offer insight into that recipe and provide clues as to how the metal's unusual banding pattern forms. "As the nanoscale structure of Damascus steel emerges, a refined interpretation of its remarkable mechanical properties should become possible," the researchers say.

The Artical
pubs.acs.org...

I know the Secret! of the Patterns ! its called CYMATICS

www.world-mysteries.com...

something like the Original movie Highlander story of what was found in the samurai sword that is thousand of years old and the 200 folds and its like finding a Boeing 747 before the Wright Brothers ever flew

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
My avatar is John Crichton from Farscape, and I chose it because of what the character represents in the show.

Since I am a lover of all things ET (except Grays they scare the doodoo outta me), I often ponder what it would be like to be the first human to explore the universe as space fairing ET's, what it would be like to learn what is out there, how it works etc. John Crichton is that character.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Mine is a magnification of my red blood cells.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb56dbbb2975.jpg[/atsimg]

MM

And the rainbow is from South East Tassie when we went fishing

[edit on 23/6/2010 by MissMegs]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Good fun topic.

Mine comes from Prana which is a sanskrit term. It is the life force. It takes many forms. It is found within the breath, or even the life force of the blood, but does not solely reside within oneself. The source of prana is all around you and in you.

I had for a while been using the term "fisheyes" (not on ATS), implying seeing 2 worlds at the same time, in this vast sea of life. The piranha was a natural adaption from there, being a fish around which there is a good deal of myth.

I like a good laugh, but watch out for my wicked teeth.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join