It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatars: Why did you choose yours?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
My username comes from THIS sketch (and not the reptillian thing - which some people assume).

www.youtube.com...

A big fan of Chris Morris, Mark heap etc

--

My Avatar just represents my user name.

/licks eye

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Mine is the only one I've had here on ATS and I chose it pretty much the same day I joined back in 2006 (Good God was it that far back really?).

At the time I was just starting to realize how this world was corrupted and I always felt on defense. So having someone defending from an attack seemed like a good picture.

Also the man in the picture was who I identified with in High School when some bad things happened in my family. He was thrust from a small problem that he faced locally into a world of problems that no one could escape from and had to fight his way out using everything he could.

And just to clarify, yes it is Squall from Final Fantasy VIII.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cwt8466
Because Wild Dog is the poor man's Punisher, and I'm the poor man's Wild Dog!

Seriously, I am a rabid, anti-tyranny, Constitution-waving, gun-toting, east coast Yankee...and I make no qualms about it.

Definitely the best line of the day cwt8466!
I like it.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Like others here, mine change with my mood and the political climate. Only one avatar that I use contains an actual illegible photo of me.

One of my favorites is an image of Shane McGowan of The Pogues in rare form.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff9c5aba7d17.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
My Avatar is Our Club Symbol for "Resonance". The Symbol means for me: "almost (natural) infinity"

it's a chladni pattern (en.wikipedia.org...)

Similar to this:

And a lot PhotoShop.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Mine represents what ive found to be at the heart of most topics of truthseekers, the age old good vs. evil or as I call it positive vs. negative. I along with the majority of humanity am on the positive path and pursue love truth and fearlessness while the negatives, or PTB, pratice deceit, enslavement, harming and scaring of the positives. The universe deliberatly explored both polarities as a deviation from neutrality, neither path is right or wrong, but its in my nature to be drawn into the spiritual battles as a warrior of love and light even though I know there is never a one side winner of polarity war in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BAZ752

Originally posted by cwt8466
Because Wild Dog is the poor man's Punisher, and I'm the poor man's Wild Dog!

Seriously, I am a rabid, anti-tyranny, Constitution-waving, gun-toting, east coast Yankee...and I make no qualms about it.

Definitely the best line of the day cwt8466!
I like it.

Cheers, mate!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Honestly, besides not knowing how to make a proper decent avatar, the only reason i have one is to easily find my posts. If i ever learn to layer different images than i will do so.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluePillOrRedPill
Honestly, besides not knowing how to make a proper decent avatar, the only reason i have one is to easily find my posts. If i ever learn to layer different images than i will do so.

You may wana try GIMP?
www.gimp.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I had another member, Infaredman, make mine. I told him what I wanted and he did it perfectly!

My avatar is a joke between me and a friend of mine/fellow ATSer who passed in March, Jkrog. He called me Queen Grey all the time so I had one made that said it. Personally I like the red lipstick
I always knew the females had style

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
A very interesting question !!!

And I like the answers ! My avatar simply represents what I believe in the most: Life. An orange sun over the lake, a bird on a branch, a feeling of serenity, a quiet evolution...

I guess it represents the world in which I would like to live in, no more wars, no more corruption, no more insane powers that control everything, no more fear.

ok...I'll keep dreaming !

~Sonny.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux

Originally posted by BluePillOrRedPill

You may wana try GIMP?
www.gimp.org...

Thanks cushycrux. I will have a look sometime later, but me and the computer don't mix very well. I ended up finally putting my first avatar in a little less than a month ago by following member mikeg2222's thread on how to do it, and i started with his free avatar template which helped me a bunch, here it is for anyone who needs it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wouldn't have one yet without his grand tutorial. Thanks Mike

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

Aye I love Celtic mythology
so i'd like to create an avatar that represents that.
Ties in with my name aswell 'Lady Tuatha' is from the 'Tuatha DeDanaan' an ancient race of Irish people who some believed to have descended from the heavens ( aliens )

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
A very interesting question !!!

And I like the answers ! My avatar simply represents what I believe in the most: Life. An orange sun over the lake, a bird on a branch, a feeling of serenity, a quiet evolution...

I guess it represents the world in which I would like to live in, no more wars, no more corruption, no more insane powers that control everything, no more fear.

ok...I'll keep dreaming !

~Sonny.

It's hard to tell if you are joking because you do not have a visible avatar
Follow mikeg2222's thread if you need a template, or the www.gimp.org site as cushycrux suggested.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
the avatar i use now is just a whim...

my favorite colors have changed over the years also...
red-yellow-green

conspiracy theorist mindscapes see hidden symbology & opaque coded messages in these icons and deep reasons for complex avatars...

there well could be a mix of all those elements in the selection of an avatar (a stand-in for 'self')... but for myself, the blank space with no avatar is a waste of advertising space...

an digital billboard with nothing but a void space there...non-utilitarian

ADD: OMG, frog is red-yellow-green...my favorite colors...

and look , back behind the singing frog, a pile of golden coins !
a silk top-hat and silver-handled cane to boot...
ah ha, this suggests a Titled, primary-colors, Capitalist !

[edit on 23-6-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
My avatar is actually a rather detailed Corel drawing downsized and converted to Jpeg.
The cave is in the shape of a head, with the event happening within the mind. There are cave drawings on the wall of the cave, with an artist lower right documenting the latest war event.
This latest destructive device destroys souls as well as physical bodies, thus summoning a religious icon to signal divine intervention in human affairs, or, the "last" cave drawing.
I thought it appropriate for ATS.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Mine is a play/mockery off of combined conspiracies. I'd like to change it more often, but sometimes you are better recognizable without changing it often.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Did anyone think this question on your avatar was raised so big brother could use it to profile you.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well, my goal is...

lucidity (lu·cid·i·ty)
Pronunciation: \lü-ˈsi-də-tē\
Function: noun
Date: 1810

1 : clearness of thought or style
2 : a presumed capacity to perceive the truth directly and instantaneously : clairvoyance

and when i saw this animated sphere a friend of mine did, it seemed to me to represent and fit the process it takes on the journey to lucidity, how things go from murky to clear with occasional glimpses of light but always changing.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
cuz i love the last airbender go watch it everyone please

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join