It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatars: Why did you choose yours?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My avatar is a belief that we should be so lucky that an outside force destroys the Earth - I feel however that Mankind will destroy itself and that Earth will survive as it has in the past and create new life. I just hope it is not within my childrens lifetime - But it ain't looking so good.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
A picture of me in my most famous habitat. Who couldn't love a sniper kitteh? I enjoy catnip, long walks, cuddling, climbing trees and .308 shells.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thanks for all the interesting replies so far everyone.

I have been really amazed at the amount of thought that goes into a lot of them and have learned why they are useful.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
My avatar shows Paul McCartney from 1964 compared to "Paul" in 1985. It's clearly not the same person.

The Lie Fauls Apart: Video & Photo Comps of Paul & Faul

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I guess my previous entry in this thread no longer makes any sense!

I think my new avatar is very appropriate for me, though. Almost like a self-portrait.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Updated my avatar one more time, now the stars twinkle, and the wolf glows! Do you think it'd look better with just the stars, twinkling? I liked the wolf glowing because it sorta implies she has some connection to the stars, but I don't want it to look like too much, so I'd appreciate any comments. Tribewilder is a very talented fellow ATS artist, he designed the gif for me!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Praxilla

I think it's awesome, as is (with the glow) though it will be very cool without, should you decide to change it. Either way, it's a sweet avatar and kudos to tribewilder for the creation.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Thank you, I think the "glow" kinda fits me for now.

I love your avatar btw, is that a drawing of Lara Croft? It's very cool, I like how she's looking contemplative and thoughtful.

xxxx
Prax

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Praxilla

No, at least I don't think so... (a drawing of L.C.)

I found it recently and jumped on it, I think it also fits my mood, of late.

Contemplative is a good description. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Question:

Did your avatar always include that little kitty ?

If it did, I never saw the kitty.

I like kitties

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
My avatar has two meanings.

1. I'm a musician and I am in awe at how my emotions can travel through my hands the way they do. Def one of my better attributes

2. Its also a representation of control from an unknown source.

Korg.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Mine is just a simple gif of a rainbow and a waterfall. But it reminded me of pure lands, like the Garden of Eden. I just really like it's colorful look, too.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Mine is the original image that I used to create the logo for my Web site.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My avatar portrays me in my First Communion attire, a ceremony I had to go through recently for my family. I'm actually atheist, but they refuse to acknowledge that because they're Mexicans and oh so pious. Well good for them.
My pose, coupled with the cute little benevolent orbs I've added, makes me look as if I'm brushing them off playfully. I've always wanted a pet orb.

Also, it depicts me wearing makeup for like the first time in my life lol.
Read what you will into that.
Other little things to note is that I have on a gold ring, I forgot how many carats, and a black watch that totally clashes with the ensemble.
Because I'm like that...
socially awkward, a little bit too artistic, and I always want to know what time it is.
Also, I like white and blue. They're my favorite colors. :3

[edit on 6/30/2010 by Elaethyr]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elaethyr
My avatar portrays me in my First Communion attire, a ceremony I had to go through recently for my family. I'm actually atheist,
[edit on 6/30/2010 by Elaethyr]

I like your avatar, and it's irony in your explanation. I think the irony extends further though as for me the image is ever so slightly erotic.

Korg.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I chose mine bc it represents my spirit animal, the wolf. In this case, the clip was borrowed from Wolf's Rain, a emotionally retching anime show that dealt with the persecution of werewolves by the human race. All they wanted was to find their paradise but ultimately all died in their quest. In a way, its reminiscent of the modern day struggle that wolves have of getting a solid foot in their old homelands called the wild woods. The wolves will have their day and Sarah Palin will pay for the wolves that died and keeping dieing in aerial shootings in Alaska. I only pray that I may soon turn wolfy and help them survive...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My Avatar is one of the many experiences I have had during meditation. It represents the most euphoric experience to date.
A figure sitting legs crossed in the centre of the most brilliant sunlight, I could not make out features just the outline in the golden glow.
The most amazing feeling anyone could ever feel e.g meeting your true love, the love of a mother that warm feeling you get that makes the world simply fade away into insignificance.
You asked, I told.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I chose this avatar, because it represents the current state of my soul and mind, it also represents my beliefs.(For those who know)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Must add this correction - mine was done by an awesome artist who posts here. Sums up my interests in this site. So thanks TW, for the awesome avatar - very humbled by your kindness.

Dave

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I chose and made mine based on the fact that I am a huge Naruto fan and also share the same name as one of the characters which incidentally is my screen name here

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join