It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and McChrystal, diametrically opposed and passing the baton.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Obama and McChrystal, diametrically opposed and passing the baton.

For those unaware of tomorrow's meeting, from the Washington Post:

Obama orders McChrystal back to Washington after remarks about U.S. officials

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Fellow members, if you’ve followed my posts you already know that I am not the most politically savvy person. What I base this thread and proposal on is my general observations and a “gut” feeling. You likely were already familiar with what is about to transpire and why. I presume everyone reading this is already intimately familiar with all of the accepted and rumored details of President Obama’s personal and political life. What I encourage you to do now is skim through the biography of General Stanley A. McChrystal.

From the Council on Foreign Relations .org website:

Biography of General Stanley McChrystal

A more overall picture from Wiki:

Stanley A. McChrystal

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
It’s hard for me to imagine two more seemingly opposite men and upbringings. Superficially these men are opposites. Yet I can’t help but think that the facts of General McChrystal’s life and beliefs are as cryptic as President Obama’s.

“Little is publicly known of McChrystal's early life. His father was Major General Herbert McChrystal, and McChrystal was the fourth child in a family of five boys and a girl, all of whom would serve or marry into the military. His older brother, retired Colonel Scott McChrystal, was an Army Chaplain, and is the endorsing agent for the Assemblies of God. McChrystal is married and has an adult son.[38] He runs 7 to 8 miles a day, eats one meal, and sleeps for four hours a night.” – excerpted from the Wiki article

My concern is that what will transpire tomorrow will not be the end of a military career but the public beginning of a political one. I could see many Americans, displeased with the Marxist agenda currently being rolled out, falling into line behind a man superficially the antithesis of that agenda. I think this general has been groomed by the NWO as Obama’s successor.
Many are dismayed at Obama’s lackluster handling of the oil spill. I think a Spartan military “man of action” would be enthusiastically welcomed as an answer to President Obama’s detached academic demeanor.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'm curious to see if this thread takes off. Good find!

"During his 12 months in Kabul, McChrystal has earned a reputation as a forthright commander with an unscripted style and a strong work ethic. He has forged a close working relationship with Afghan President Hamid Karzai, who was quick to come to the general's defense Tuesday, saying that his loss would be a major setback for the war effort."

So if Obama fires him will it put President Karzai in bad relation with US?

The minerals being found... the drugs.... the war.

Is it about to get worse??

I hope not!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Much more is sure to surface regarding the General in the days to come. If the President were not to accept McChrystal’s resignation tomorrow, I still think the door remains open to McChrystal running against him in the next election. If McChrystal were not to run, he would have paved the way for another candidate from the military industrial complex to run. General David Petraeus jumps to mind. In the very least, tomorrow’s confrontation will further weaken support for Mr. Obama in my opinion. For a lifetime, 4th generation, military man to challenge the chain of command in this manner is nearly unprecedented and screams of a power play. My fear is that this is not the superficial head butting of ideologies but the passing of the baton and the start of the next phase of our transitioning to the North American Union.

From Wiki:

“McChrystal was also criticized for his role in the aftermath of the 2004 death by friendly fire of Ranger and former professional football player Pat Tillman. Within a day of Tillman's death, McChrystal was notified that Tillman was a victim of fratricide. Shortly thereafter, McChrystal was put in charge of paperwork to award Tillman a posthumous Silver Star for valor. On April 28, 2004, six days after Tillman's death, McChrystal approved a final draft of the Silver Star recommendation and submitted it to the acting Secretary of the Army, even though the medal recommendation deliberately omitted any mention of friendly fire, included the phrase "in the line of devastating enemy fire," and was accompanied by fabricated witness statements. On April 29, McChrystal sent an urgent memo warning White House speechwriters not to quote the medal recommendation in any statements they wrote for President Bush because it "might cause public embarrassment if the circumstances of Corporal Tillman's death become public." McChrystal was one of eight officers recommended for discipline by a subsequent Pentagon investigation but the Army declined to take action against him.” – excerpted from the Wikipedia article on Stanley A. McChrystal

We know precious little regarding this “highly decorated” man. That tomorrow, General McChrystal will tender his resignation in person to President Obama, is I think an event that has been planned for decades. I hope that my fears are unfounded.

“In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thank you for your attention.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
You're probably right, nothing happens these days on that level that is not done on purpose and to further an agenda...

[edit on 23-6-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance_Defier
I'm curious to see if this thread takes off. Good find!

"During his 12 months in Kabul, McChrystal has earned a reputation as a forthright commander with an unscripted style and a strong work ethic. He has forged a close working relationship with Afghan President Hamid Karzai, who was quick to come to the general's defense Tuesday, saying that his loss would be a major setback for the war effort."

So if Obama fires him will it put President Karzai in bad relation with US?

The minerals being found... the drugs.... the war.

Is it about to get worse??

I hope not!

It appears everything has been building toward this. I think many of us felt there was something coming and you mentioned the minerals just being found and newsworthy in just the last week. Very suspicious and very leading. We could simply list the titles from other very recent ATS threads and conclude that some type of confrontation with our President was coming. Will this meeting appease those that are turning against Obama? Will McChrystal standing up to the President be enough to appease the mob? Will Obama putting the General in his place be enough to quiet his detractors?

Well you've heard what I think this is all about. I can't be sure and I certainly can see the possibility of other scenarios. Most not nearly as frightening as what I've proposed. We Americans are being pulled in so many directions it's hard to know where to focus.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

The next issue in this saga gets resolved. This is from Reuters:

General McChrystal to retire from U.S. Army: official

Hmmmmmmm! What's a retired general to do?

new topics

top topics

join