It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online dating site offers sperm and egg bank for Beautiful People only

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Article

An online dating site that tailors to "beautiful people" is now offering a forum/online sperm bank where site members may seek out genetic material from fellow beautiful people, and only beautiful people.

BeautifulPeople.com requires potential users to apply to join through a selection process that requires submitting photos, body shots, etc. Once you apply the site’s members vote on whether or not you are beautiful enough to join. The site’s administration has previously expelled users gained weight over the holidays.

“It’s basically a gated community for attractive people,” said Brenna Ehrlich, the news editor at Mashable.

She continued, “It has been called superficial, it’s been called overly selective, it’s been called the end of the western civilization.”

I could imagine how much this costs people that try to join the site. Im not a big fan of anything like this, and I can believe it could lead to some unethical behavior in the future.

I guess some new trend these days is making sure you have a genetically engineered, beautiful kid....No need to worry about doing it all the natural way anymore....all that matters is that the kid is beautiful......

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And yes I do think it is superficial.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
This has to be from the USA surely? only the US media/business could show this much discrimination and get away with it.

Guess I was right:

"Letting fatties roam the site is a direct threat to our business model and the very concept for which BeautifulPeople.com was founded."

Link to discriminative source it makes me sick !

[edit on 23-6-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

what exactly does "mashable" mean anyway?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Glad i will not be joining then.

2nd line

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
People who want to use sperm banks only want beautiful and brainy.

Even tho they can't have their own kids, they still want perfect.

Excuse me, they are not perfect, otherwise they could have their own kids, beautiful and brainy or not.

Why don't they adopt a child - the world is full of unloved kids - probably not beautiful or brainy enough.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Is it true, that those celebs that adopt do so from families of heritage in there countries?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
who cares..if a bunch of shallow people want to pay to breed with a bunch of other shallow people..

i mean in my opinion they are just a wee bit more pathetic then most of the general population.. most people judge potential mates at first glance by appearance, its sort of like those exclusive clubs with the velvet ropes that exude a sense elitism.not for me personally but meh ...
to each his own i guess..
they reap what they sow...

**NOTE**
(notice i said 'Most people" i am not saying that any of you personally are this way)and" most people" is also my own humble opinion based admittedly upon my own jaded personal experiences.

~meathead

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Why don't they adopt a child - the world is full of unloved kids - probably not beautiful or brainy enough.

I dont understand why people dont adopt more often. Theres many children that need homes and need to be loved out there.

I could easily see the people that use the site, use an egg/sperm bank, the child comes out only 99% perfect to them instead of 100%, and then they give the child up for adoption.....

I can easily see something like this becoming a trend for Americans in the near future.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I don't know, but what I do know is there are a lot of unloved and unwanted children in this world.

And that breaks my heart.

Probably what celebs do is only for their own sake.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Having just had a look at the site in question, I can't see how their policy is particularly strict.
Seriously take a look, its a pretty mediocre slice of humanity.
Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

Just a marketing gimmick.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

The geezer on view from space radio, claims the celebs pick kids from prominent families in those poor countries, and not kids from poor nobody families.

Do not know as i have not researched it, and do not care why they pick the kids they do.

But just saying.

I am just glad i have never wanted to bring someone into this world, do not care one bit who the person is or was, i will never.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Discriminative? ...and typical of a superficial minority.

How do they get away with it?

The height of ignorance yet there's an irony about these so called intellectuals seeking a ''very eligable'' donor while on the other hand if the combination of both male and female parents doesn't provide for a perfect physical match combined (however attractive individually) the result is not quite so ''desirable'' as child inherets a mix of those incoherent features!

Would anyone like to join my queue - I'd to slap each and every member across the face with a larger slimey salmon! Hazaaar!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

Why let it bother you, people are people, let them do that if they want.

For me and others we will just ignore things like this exist.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
My BS alarm just went off. And it's not for you OP. It's the beautiful people crap. We all know pretty people know more than other people, are smarter, are more informed. lol. Certainly an ugly retarded person has nothing to contribute to society and humanity.

I just want to say that the English folks that are the royalty are some of the most ugly people I have ever seen. They are the royalty and the best, and once they hit middle age, they are fugly!!!!!!!

And I suppose this is true for any other folks that are "royalty".

I'm not picking on the dear Queen, just pointing out the obvious and the most familiar to me, here in the colonies.

Lemme tell you, though, royalty and beauty don't mix any longer. And I believe the beauty that is within most people, is lost within the royals.

Their time is gone.

Just saying......................

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by BAZ752

Why let it bother you, people are people, let them do that if they want.

For me and others we will just ignore things like this exist.

I just woke up feeling opinionated today, that's all. My wife and I know of a couple who have openly admitted because they're attractive, they must have attractive children by any means necessary. Suffice to say we've kept our distance ever since.

It's all right, my tea is tasting good and I'm actually looking forward to watching the football today (even though I'm a rugby fan).

PEACE

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a lot of ugly women in there. just had a quick look.
hmmm....i wonder why? members have to vote new members in...

and we all know hot chicks dont like other hot chicks. LOL.
im sure they will rate the ugly ones high and try their damndest to keep the competition out...

down with these narcissistic people...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This is proof that society is collapsing in on itself!

civilization is breaking down......first it was our morals......and now our intilligence.

I say bring it down....bring down civilization....let the chaos begin. Im hoping for a mad max world. I will survive it.

and i hope all of you on here who believe and support evolution go down with it too. darwinism at its finest. survival of the fittist yeah? YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW!

[edit on 23-6-2010 by empireofpain]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by empireofpain
This is proof that society is collapsing in on itself!

civilization is breaking down......first it was our morals......and now our intilligence.

I say bring it down....bring down civilization....let the chaos begin. Im hoping for a mad max world. I will survive it.

and i hope all of you on here who believe and support evolution go down with it too. darwinism at its finest. survival of the fittist yeah? YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW!

[edit on 23-6-2010 by empireofpain]

Would you like some guns and ammunition thrown in with that for good measure?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It seems like there's a flaw in that model.

What if someone has extensive plastic surgery and ends up looking beautiful, but had ugly genes to start with?

They could get voted in based on their looks, but unsuspecting victims of that person's DNA wouldn't realize they had been duped until they had an ugly baby from those ugly genes

Actually I know one person personally who has had extensive surgery like that, and she does look a lot better after the surgery, and I know there are others too.

As my friend used to say "Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is to the bone"

new topics

top topics

join