It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does a America need another Progressive Era?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It's sad most Americans and people around the world don't remember The Progressive Era during 1890s to the 1920s. I believe America needs another Progressive Era because of the many unsolved issues in our country. Both Democratic and Republican presidents look more like actors then leaders.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Progressive Era in the United States was a period of reform that flourished from the 1890s to the 1920s. Keeping corruption out of politics was a main goal of the progressive era, with many Progressives trying to expose and undercut political machines and bosses. Many Progressives supported prohibition in order to destroy the political power based in saloons. At the same time, women's suffrage was promoted to bring a "purer" female vote into the arena.

Now no one can doubt any government in the world is corrupted. But corruption is very bad in the United States. We need a real change. I would like some feed back on my topic and see what your views on another Progressive Era in the United States.
www.digitalhistory.uh.edu...

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

We need an era of constitutional government, not a new progressive era. The current administration is chock-full of progressives and that agenda is causing havoc and is not supported by an increasing number of Americans.

The federal government needs to retreat back to its constitutional mandate, and curtail all other activity. Progressive politics should be the provence of the states, not the federal government.

This government is too large and corrput to effectively run a hotdog cart, let alone meaningful public policy.

Until we get the federal government out of their extra-constitutional activities, no meaningful change, to the extent that change is needed or desired can occur

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Yes what a great era that brought us World War 1,the Federal Reserve communism and mass manipulation via propaganda...no thanks

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

World War one? Do you even know what the cause of World War one was? I doubt you do! The cause of the war was nationalism.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
We just need another swing of the pendulum, which is what usually happens.

I believe that we need honest people up there - and we do not seem to have any honest people. To speak out, I mean. Because the world is full of many honest and loving people, something we tend to forget.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
treply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I just read a little bit and you mentioned some dates that reffered to a time of progressiveness, and it included the creation of the Federal Reserve Bank. Ouch! That's progressive? I am no longer a progessive. It's a dead end. I adhere to the ideals of the liberal folks that were instrumental in the creation of the U.S. of A. Call me liberal, call me conservative, it doesn't matter. Stay out of everyone's business, get out of other countries, remain neutral, and for sure, stop unfair taxes, like what led to the pitiful Whiskey Rebellion,

Yep, the first attack on the middle class, and it conti\nues.

Get 0ut of here with that need for a progressive stuff. It always ends poorly. Why? Because progressives don't know when they have won. And their opponents don't know when theywon.

We won it all in 1776, But idiots want to keep messing with success.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
What you need is more anglo american empire .....

Enough said.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

yes

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I don't necessarily think we need a progressive era, however I do think we need a change...change back to the way the country was before, like you say which is completely right, the leaders of our nation (nearly all of them both Democrats and Republicans...mostly Rep.
) became actors and comedians. I believe we need to restore pride and nationalism back to the United States. Citizens need to feel proud of and love the United States. I also think we need to bring back old fashioned politics and policy. Today, to me at least, government and politics seem like a circus act.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Like we need a bullet in the head.

Progressives are communists. Communists are pigs and scum and need to be exposed and discredited in America.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Whats with the communist bashing, communism or at least progreesives are exactly what the world needs for the economy and in general. dont judge the ideology on the ussr or china they were/are not true marxist socitys and china is now esentialy capitalist.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
like over time pay? thank a progressive. like workers rights? thank a progressive. like safety in the work place? thank a progressive. child labor laws? thank a progressive. like the forty hour work week? thank a progressive. like the right to vote? thank a progressive. like the right to sue for redress of wrongs? thank a progressive. like having paid vacations? thank a progressive. like having clean water and clean skies and clean lands? thank a progressive. like equal rights for all? thank a progressive.

yeah, we are such bad people.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

I couldn't say it any better. Thank you for replying to my thread comrade. You're awesome and very informed.

new topics

top topics

join