It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Internet Kill Switch Squelch Wikileaks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I was reading an interesting thread in Breaking alternative news titled Wikileaks founder
drops "mass Spying Hint" by Silent Thunder. Anyway, the discussion was getting interesting, but started to derail into other topics. So I thought I would start this thread
to stay fresh and not interfere with the original Post. Along the way in the discussion
the concept of an Internet Kill Switch Shutting off Wikileaks came to mind. This is a link to the thread. Apologies in advance as I do not yet know how to insert the standard
LINK yet. (I'm New) And the ATS Handbook tab doesn't work. If anyone out there would like to educate me on a better link method, I would be grateful.
The Idea I was left with was that there is no such thing as an Internet Kill Switch
unless there was a GLOBAL power outage. SO what exactly is Mr. Obama"s kill switch
then? Or is it a selective Kill switch that could somehow censure Wikileaks/or other forms of free press? Or is it just some kind of super-duper antivirus/antihack program?
Can the Global internet really be shut down?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
No, but Xe can.
(formally Blackwater)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
No.. And regardless how hard some may try to suppress it truth will always find ways to be revealed..

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It would sure slow it down quite a bit though.

top topics

join