It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is time to boycott Mexico

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I can kinda understand boycotting taco bell, but you have to know, it's an American company, based out of Irvine California.

So, basically you are boycotting Taco Bell (an American corporation, that employs a lot of Americans) because of the Mexican style product they produce which isn't even close to what real Mexican food is.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Haha your probably one of the dumbest Americans I've seen so far! Burritos aren't from Mexico. Taco Bell isn't from Mexico either. In fact they're both made in America by Americans.

Get your facts straight first before you speak your ignorant self.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by uglybattle

Get off your high horse.

There are a number of components of a boycott. The first is to impart economic damage and, for example not buying Corona will do that.

The other part is simply psychological and that is essentially saying "no to Mexico and things Mexican".

Both are important. The US shares its southern border with a third world country that is currently in the process of invading us.

Not eating at "Taco Bell" is no different than refusing to listen to an OM PA band or not eating grandma's famous schnitzel during the second world war.

Its a matter of principal

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
everybody who thinks these traffickers are bringing in marijuana, obviously live in either a different time zone, or a state so far from the border taco bell is considered authentic.

they are bringing meth, and coc aine. but mostly meth.

if marijuana is coming through its low grade and in minute portions. marijuana stopped being worth money to import in 1996 when prop 215 allowed california to supply the west. and since then 14 other states jumped on the bandwagon.

texas is about the only state that still has a market for mexican cannabis.

if you really want to boycott mexico, hit them where it hurts and stop buying meth.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
if you really want to boycott mexico, hit them where it hurts and stop buying meth.

That wouldn't be a problem for me

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Get off your high horse.

HAHA! WTF who says that these days? Obviously you.

And by the way, if you want to cause some economic damage to Mexico, for example not buying products made in Mexico, then more and more people will get desparate because Mexico won't make a profit. And if they don't make profit, then the violence will increase. And if the violence increase, people will try to escape the voilence and head northbound (US).

This doesn't make any common sence as it sounds more like boycotting a race/ethnic group. So go ahead don't buy products made in Mexico or anything Mexican related, you will only make it worse for the people and the economy, including yours.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I'm trying hard to be with you on this one, but dam you make it difficult!

Alcohol – Jose Cuerevo, Corona, Tecate and the rest of the Mexican beers and liquors

And Dos Equis? My favorite?

I make my own Salsa with my own tomatoes, jalapenos, cayennes, and tomatoes from my own yard, so I can live without their salsa.

What about Landshark? It is eerily familiar to Corona; can I still drink it?

On a more serious note: Mexico is not the problem. Our own govenment is the problem. They refuse to designate a National Language, they refuse to secure the border, and they refuse to enforce the existing laws?

They sure have no problem enforcing the existing speedlimit and seatbelt laws? I suppose the profit/loss analysis of traffic violations vs. sovereignty infractions is their driving motivation. Why deport an illegal when we can just ticket them for tags and seatbelts and then let them mow our yard really cheap a few times to pay the ticket. Win-Win?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

HAHA are you taking this seriously? Just live your life the way you want it. Don't listen to these ignorant pricks. And btw, do you really have to show hate by not buying a certain country's products? NO! It just proves that your showing hate against an ethnic group. Don't live a miserable life, it's sad when you don't know your racist.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

LOL! Some of my coworkers just got back from a mission trip to Mexico. There is absolutely no way that we can make an economic impact on the common person in Mexico! They are already living without doors, windows, electricity, and running water. The cities are a little better, but not much. I have spent time in Ciudad Juarez and it is very scary. I have also spent time in Cancun, and it is better than America! It is a very sad occasion when a country can have absolute squalor and unimagined poverty right next door to cutting edge water purifying technology and 5 star hotels and restaurants for their non-citizens.

A boycott of Mexico will only hurt the vacationing Americans. The poor people will never know. You can't get blood from a turnip. It won't be long before our own government realizes this. The working class of America is looking mighty pekid. I think the blood here is drying up as well!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Ehh, probably both sides are drying up (sad face).
And as a few posters on this thread said of legalization of cannibis, I know it's a good idea. Because cannibis is the drug cartels #1 import to the US. Trust me, I would know because my father had experience with people who were active on drugs. He told once me that their were large fields of marijuana plants and the only reason they grow them is because they make money from people who get them illegaly. If it were legal, then no one has to buy from dealers again and the cartel voilence will decrease.

But there can also be beutiful sides to both countries.
For example, me birth place (happy face).
www.youtube.com...
VIVA MEXICO!

[edit on 24-6-2010 by uglybattle]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

an unwanted cultural migration

Just how the white man with their "unwanted cultural migration" to the native's land

Most of you all can cry all you want....it's not going to stop

Also everyone needs to realize not all illegal immigrants come from Mexico....so you should just boycott all the countries south of ur Almight white country

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm with the OP we shouldn't let anyone simply walk across our border with trains of slaves and bales of coc aine and marijuana ,and and weapons,then let them set up trading posts and kill ranchers and and border patrol agents and tourists and whoever else they feel like killing and terrorizing and then riot and threaten boycotts when somebody says maybe we should put a stop to this Phoenix has the second largest number of kidnappings IN THE WORLD! is that because of all the peaceful hardworking downtrodden workers looking for their share of the pie ? Or is it terrorists ,smugglers and drug cartels who want to do to our country what they did to Mexico?

Is it racism to at least require that visitors to the US NOT BEHEAD OUR CITIZENS!

PUHLEEZ

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Seeing that the US imports about 1.2 million barrels of oil a day from Mexico I really doubt you'll be able to go without products that don't benefit Mexico in some way.

Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries

Another thing is the 9 billion dollar a year in agricultural products imported from mexico. I know some of them fruits and veggies gotta find their way into all kinds of processed foods, tv dinners, health care products. etc.

You might think it is worst to do nothing. I say it's sad to do and still having it add up to nothing.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by daskakik]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

good grief you're kidding right? the illegal alien problem is a drug militia declaring war on us! That's pretty serious and the POTUS is in danger of becoming a traitor over this

I'm confused as to how an organized crime army can be free to take over whole sections of federal land and NOTHING is done?

so it's okay for them to remove a few human faces and sew them to soccer balls 'cause we need oil? That does seem to be the excuse for all fraud and crime these days ,Im just saying it isn't holding water for me these days

we are being played for sure

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I can't boycott Mexican Coke! It's HFCS free!

And pretty hard to boycott Mexican Food in Texas. Now I have had some Mexican food in other states that would be VERY easy to boycott.

But yeah these day laborers are tearing our s%$t up aren't they? Just a few days ago, my wife and I saw one drop his pants, bend over aiming at traffic and spew runny diarrhea all over the place as we drove by. This was on a major road near a gas station at 9AM. Saw everything! Freakin' sick!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by chewbaccacabra

That's what the Illegals are doing to the U.S turning the country into diarrhea. The Illegals don't have any American rights, because the only have the right to go back home to where they came from.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Hmmm, don't think i'll have too much trouble not buying meth lol.

I saw a shirt that said "Ask a native American what happens when you don't control immigration" the other day. Interesting.

Also, in regards to the video, I have a similar supposedly true story about a wealthy farmer in my area. Apparently he would hire a bunch of illegal Mexicans to work for him, and they would bust their butts for two weeks waiting for an under the table paycheck. Then, when they came to pick their checks up, he would call INS to pick them all up. Cold.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by State of Mind]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

The US is the largest importer of Mexican products and its largest trading partner.

You'll be backtracking when you see the price for all those products going up.. just sayen'..

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

This is priceless.... Boycott Mexico.

Betcha it works just as good as that Boycott China.

Amazing how many of you refuse to realize that it is our country, not Mexico, that needs to make the changes to address the issue that you fear so much.

But if you think a corrupt Mexican government can fix your problem, go for it. I'm sure Mexico will just look for other trading partners like Russia and China.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

It's always easier to blame the other side than take responsibility for what we have created here in the states.. which is a dependence on cheap labor and cheap products.

Cheap talk I'll say.. for this thread at least.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join