It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is time to boycott Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

White people will do those jobs. We're all going to have to pay more for the food because we'll have to pay more for the labor, but thats not a bad thing. We're flushing money down the toilet now supporting the illegals so we can get cheap oranges? I would much rather deport the illegals and pay Americans a decent wage to pick the oranges.

I'm currently in Washington State. In the 80s, tons of American kids picked apples as summer jobs through their highschool and college years. Can't do it anymore. Why? Because the farmers won't hire them. Not only will they require more than an illegal (minimum wage), but also they know their legal recourse regarding employment and the farmers don't have to deal with those issues when they hire illegals. Not too many illegals filing sexual harassment suits against their employers, that kind of thing

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I have to disagree, I was an Assisstant Farm Manager for a Tomato Farmer for 4 years and they get payed big money to harvest that fruit.

Those guys get payed between 200 and 300 hundred dollars a day to pick Tomato's. Sucks that they send it back to Mexico, but trust me they get payed good.

Why wont the Whites do it? I don't know, but they could if they wanted to, they just don't. They sit right there on their easy chair drinking beer while their wives work at the local 7/11 and collect Food Stamps for supplement.

It works both ways, Mexicans are hard workers, thats a fact and thats why the Farmers hire them.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Well that pretty much wraps OUR debate up.

I totally agree on that point.... you didn't seem to have trouble laughing
before

go get that heart of yours fixed ... you seem to think your not racist.

but I better wake up huh... I looking forward to not reading what you have to say next

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's hilarious though, If you want to have fun and do your duty then go to home depot, pick a bunch of illegal day workers, then instead, drive them directly to immigration and have a laugh.

We did this today after seeing the video on google of it being done and oh my god how funny.

They scatter and run screaming.

Although I was proud that immigration did detain 1 and arrest one we brought to them.

If more americans did this then we'd put a dent in them.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

I don't agree with you. Mexicans don't work any harder than Americans, white, black, yellow or brown.

Americans won't take abuse and have legal remedys regarding workplace abuse and that is why they don't get hired when there is Mexican labor available. You hire a Mexican and he's gay and you don't like gays, tell him to get the hell out of there and get yourself a straight Mexican to replace him. Do that with an American and you get sued. That kind of thing. You want to grab the butt of a Mexican gal working for you and she complains, tell her to go home and get a Mexican gal who either does not complain or who likes it in there tomorrow.

Hire Americans and you have to fill out forms, send documentation to the IRS and all of the other administration that comes with having employees. Hire illegals and give them a bit of cash and you're done with it. It is also far easier to under report your income when you are staffing your business with labor that is under the table.

Plenty of reasons why folks hire Mexicans and many are legitimate from the business owners perspective. That Americans won't work as hard as Mexican's is BS.

If Mexican's worked as hard as all of the pro-Mexican folks claim they do, their country would not be a hell-hole. Think about it

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

There ya go, so, what would be easier?

Rounding up tens of thousands of illegals?

Or shutting down businesses and sending business owners to federal prison who violate this countries labor laws?

If business owners were afraid of having all of their assets seized by the government, and the business owner thrown in jail for 10 years, do you think they would be so eager to hire illegals?

After all, they are committing a crime themselves, they are hiring illegals instead of documented workers.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

One facet solutions won't work here. Sure, hitting the employers will help, but how does that help with a legal Mexican with a good job who is supporting a half dozen illegals? The half dozen use the schools, hospitals, etc. Workplace enforcement is only part of the solution.

Deporation is a component, border control a component, absolute denial of all public services including schools is a component.

Its a complex problem that needs to be attacked on multiple fronts

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

This is all true. Of course one must also be careful. Some on here seem to have a mob "kill em all and let god sort em out" mentality, and that shouldn't be the case either.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

- Don’t go to a Mexican restaurant. An ethnic restaurant is essentially a celebration of a culture. Don’t celebrate the culture of a nation that is invading us.
- Mexican foodstuffs like tortillas, corn chips, salsa, etc

That makes no sense at all...this only proves that you are for a race boycott...not a country boycott.

You are boycotting AMERICANS with those two items...but that doesn't matter to you because this is about boycotting a RACE...and yes sir...that is RACIST.

I'll be glad once amnesty is passed...I'll be thinking of you when it does...and laughing.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Correct. That mentality brings out the worst in people and actually works against any legitimate solution because it will lead to amnesty in order to stop the blacklash. This needs to be a black and white, non-personal issue.

No legal status? "You need to go home. Here is the process you need to follow to come back legally and we are flattered by your desire to come here, but you can't stay unless you are legal. Thanks and we hope to see you back here some day as a legal resident. We'll take you now to the detention center where they will process your migration back to Mexico. Take care now."

Polite, kind, no us vs. them, just cut and dried

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Any genetic engineers here? How bout traveling to Mexico and releasing widespread ecoli, or something to control them down there...they want war we will bring war into their homes.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
amnesty didn't work in the past... how many times should we do that...
It didn't stop new people coming over wanting amnesty.
seems silly to me

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Perhaps you are right, but I don't care. Mexican Americans are taking to the streets in support of law-breakers and that makes them subject to scorn. Mexican American's are lending aid and comfort to criminals and as such are subject to prosecution for engaging in a criminal conspiracy.

When Mexican Americans stand up for the constitution of this country and stand against lawbreakers, perhaps I will change my opinion, but not until that happens.

There is no way amnesty will be granted. Unless you think a majority of the congress and Obama are willing to commit political suicide, it is not going to happen. If you want to classify me as a racist for that view, super.

If you folks wanted amnesty, you should have done it before Obama's poll numbers were in the tank and he had a bit of political capital. His whole political world is crumbling around him and if you think he's going to waste what marginal political capital he has left in support if a group of criminals in this country illegally, you're mistaken. Now that this issue is on the front page it is not going away. Ultimately you might get amnesty, but certainly not until you have a secure southern border.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The racism in this thread is depressing to say the least.

Do you guys enjoy hating someone based on the color of their skin? Does it make you feel good? Would it be something you would brag about out in public? Do you hope your kid grows up to be as much of a bigot as you are?

You know what...let me ruin your day. Nothing is going to be done about "illegal immigration" because it is now a political vote getting issue and it is too good to solve. Democrats like to run on the "helping" immigrants platform and Republicans like to run on "secure the border" platform. So illegal immigration will always be there because they can use it to get votes...just like abortion.

Let me ruin your day some more. Amnesty will pass...and then the "illegals" will be Americans just like you...something for you to look forward to. And after amnesty...you know what...they won't secure the border...either party...and 5-10 years down the road...guess what....amnesty again. I bet you are all angry about all the brown skinned people that will become Americans....right? Well it gets better...eventually America will no longer be a "white" majority country...it will be a true melting pot...and you know what...your grandkids or great grandkids have a good chance of having some Mexican blood in them.

So you can be ignorant and make fun of "beaners" all you want...but you can't stop what is happening...and that is a fact. Sleep well...knowing that someday this country may have Spanish as it's official language.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
it will be a true melting pot...and you know what...your grandkids or great grandkids have a good chance of having some Mexican blood in them.

did you not know that there are Mexicans of every race?
white,black,orange,brown,green,and pink Mexicans.
if they were my grand kids they would have American blood in em

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Outside of a few posts in this thread which were mostly attempts at humor, there is very little, if any, racism in the thread.

Why is it racist to suggest that a soverign nation secure its borders? Why is it racist to articulate concern about the cost to the nation from illegal immigration?
Why is it racist to articulate opinions about possible remedys to the solution.

"racist" is a cowards statement when logic fails.

By the way, illegal Canadians should be deported as well. It has nothing to do with the color of anyone's skin. I know that butts up against your racist boogyman parody of folks who actually think this is a problem, but so be it

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Outside of a few posts in this thread which were mostly attempts at humor, there is very little, if any, racism in the thread.

If that is truly what you see in this thread...then that is all I need to know about you.

Calling out racism when I see it isn't "cowardly"...ignoring it and labeling it as humor is just being ignorant.

You admited yourself that you don't care that you are calling a boycott of a "race"...which is indeed racist.

You know what the biggest problem of most racists is....they don't even realize they are racists.

I've asked this question before and it will tell if you are a racist (just in case you are confused yourself).

Would you be happy if your daughter (if you don't have a daughter...imagine you did) was about to marry a black man or a mexican man???

Answer that honestly...and then you will know if you are racist or not...if you don't want to advertise it...go ahead and lie here on the board...but at least you will know in your own heart the truth.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The answer to your question is no, I could care less the race of any person or family that was tied to mine in anyway, including marriage. I have an adopted daughter. She happens to be of Chinese origin, but I think it demonstrates in some small way that I'm not someone who hates minorities.

As it relates to Mexicans, I like Mexicans. I currently have a Mexican friend of mine staying for free at a cabin I own because he lost his home and had no place to go with his 4 kids. He can and I hope does stay there as long as he needs to. He is not a citizen, but does have legal status and his wife and children are all US citizens.

What I have a problem with is the willful and purposeful disregard of this nation's laws. I have a problem with the federal government's failure to act to secure the border when failing to do so degrades the lives of citizens of this country. I also have a problem with people in this country who denounce everyone who objects to the current state of affairs as racist and also have a problem with folks who take to the streets and demand that the laws of this country continue to be violated.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Yes it's time to , where is the u.s government?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
OMG !!!
Give up Corona ????
Give up my Burritos ?????

The sky is falling !!!!
I'll go into DT's !!!!

lmao

just kidding

I have already been doing this.

I haven't had a burrito in 3 months.
Taco Hell ... err I mean Taco Bell