It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is time to boycott Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It is time to boycott Mexico. The US is the largest importer of Mexican products and its largest trading partner. Mexico is in the process of invading the Southern US and is meddling in our laws by putting pressure on US courts.

An organized boycott of Mexico could have an impact. A few items that collectively the citizens of the US could boycott include:

- Any and all travel to Mexico
- Mexican grown produce. By law the origin of produce is listed on packages
- Alcohol – Jose Cuerevo, Corona, Tecate and the rest of the Mexican beers and liquors
- Mexican textiles
- Don’t go to a Mexican restaurant. An ethnic restaurant is essentially a celebration of a culture. Don’t celebrate the culture of a nation that is invading us.
- Mexican foodstuffs like tortillas, corn chips, salsa, etc
- Firms that employ Mexican labor. Trade groups such as roofers, landscapers, car washes, etc. If you hire someone to do a job, ask up front if they use illegal labor. Insist on proof and if it is not provided, hire someone else. There are plenty of firms out there which advertise licensed workers. Insist on it. If you have doubts, hire someone else or use a competitor.
- Non-Mexican products that are manufactured all or in part in Mexico
o Autos – Honda, VW, GM, Nissan, BMW, Mercedes. By law an auto firm has to tell you where the individual parts included in the vehicle are produced. If it has Mexican components, don’t buy it. Same with car parts
o Coke a Cola. The second largest bottling plant is in Mexico. If you live west of the Mississippi and drink Coke, its bottled in Mexico. Drink Pepsi if you are so inclined to drink cola

While doing that, vacation in Arizona and support Arizona businesses and encourage others to do the same.

Will this have a massive impact? Probably not. Will it have an impact? I think it could have an impact if the initiative got large enough. At a minimum it could make you feel that in your small way you are doing something about this business.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I like it. I think it's time we call Mexico on its financial sponging off the US. We can't afford their crap anymore.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Sir, I do believe you are missing the point here.
This new ordinance Arizona has created is the brainchild of Sheriff Joe Arpio, who had been trying to make racial profiling legal for years.
This is not about race.
It is about drugs and the raging drug war our country had been fighting and loosing since its inception in 1970.
It marijuana were legal, the drug cartels would be bankrupted, and they would have no reason to kill our policemen.
But thanks to the ignorant masses filled with sheeple like you, marijuana is not legal.
And so our policeman are being targeted every day.
Boycotting Mexico would be the most stupid, idiotic move this country could ever make

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I've been to Mexico a few times.
it's pretty crazy down there ... I don't plan on going back.
regardless of politics

I don't drink Mexican water ... I enjoy Mexican food but not from Mexico.

I don't like the lead in their food....

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl

It marijuana were legal, the drug cartels would be bankrupted, and they would have no reason to kill our policemen. But thanks to the ignorant masses filled with sheeple like you, marijuana is not legal.

Huh? People who want our immigration laws enforced are against the legalization of marijuana? Fail! I have been an advocate of legalizing all drugs for 30 years. You aren't making any sense.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
You can't be serious. I doubt this would have any impact.

And honestly IMO, I bet lots of people who agree with this aren't being effected by Illegals in any way, they just would like to see them out of the USA.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

Don get hung up on the drug issue. The drug issue is a subset of a larger issue.

I agree that drugs should be legalized and that would certainly cut the violence on the border. The war on drugs has been an unmitigated, corrupt disaster.

Non-violent and non-drug trade Mexican illegals are a significant problem, in my opinion a much larger problem long-term. The drug trafficers may be interested in inluencing our governing structures through bribery and intimidation, but the massive influx of illegals actively work to undermine our democracy, through corrupting elections, massive drains on public resources and an unwanted cultural migration

We have 15 million illegal Mexicans in this country. A tiny minority of these folks are involved in the drug trade.

The Mexican government encourages and facilitates the illegal migration of Mexican nationals into this country. The Mexican government provides assistance in terms booklets which detail how to cross the border, how to find safe haven once across the border, how to get government assistance once over the border and how to most effectively send money back to Mexico while over the border. The Mexican government is complicit in this.

Legalize marijuana and the violence stops. It will not stop the massive migration of non-violent immigrants that are tearing the fabric of our southern states.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
the Mexican's would probably say the same thing about the U.S ,You think your country hasn't contributed to some of their problems,come on what a load of racist crap get over it.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

It marijuana were legal, the drug cartels would be bankrupted

marijuana isn't the only way they make money or the only drug they traffic... they would most likely make it up another way... like more kidnappings and all the other evil stuff they do.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

How about you have a free flow of dirt poor Indonesians into OZ to the tune of 15 million strong and they keep on hitting the beach every day. You also have the government of Indonesia loading up the boats and cheering them on.

Oh I forgot, a few years when those barges full of Indonesian boat folks were off the cost of Northern Australia looking for a place to go, you folks shipped them home.

Easy to tell folks in the US to get an attitude adjustment on this issue when you live on an island

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Bring it on i hate fences.We got plenty of room here.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

That was blatantly racist. How many times did that man call those people the ethnic slur "beaner"? Which shows the truth to this matter perfectly.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I agree. That guy was a jerk and the vid was in bad taste.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

I agree. I couldn't quite make sense of that, either. Legalize marijuana and there's no need for imports from Mexico. Besides, California and Kentucky have really superb products.

Yeah, boycott Mexican products. So I don't get corn on the cob until summer. I can live without that. It makes corn on the cob grown in the U.S. even better. It tastes better because it is fresh from the locsl fsrms instead of picked too early corn from a far distance.

Really, what does Mexico have that we need to buy? Maybe the PTB in Mexico should consider selling the corn to their own people.

The best thing I ever got from Mexico was tequila. And I can live without that. The second best thing was a 2 dollar chess set. lol. I bought that just for a collection sake. I bought much better carved chess sets from South Korea that were way more interesting to look at. Soap stone. In two grand colors, and those sets cost 7 dollars a piece.

However, I just realized that my service connected injuries and disease that would be treated in Mexico, will be paid for by the Veterans Administration. Hm...............I can deal with that. My pension will go much further in Mexico than in the U.S. Come on NAU. lol

Yes, boycott Mexico, fine employers who hire illegal immigrants, let's bring back some common sense to the U.S. and then, consider how many more immigrants from a variety of countries we can use.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
If you own a pickup truck this works BEAUTIFULLY!!!

go to home depot and do this

Google Video Link

Perfect way to Troll illegals!

this is absolutely hilarious. best video I have ever seen. Everyone should join in the fun.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

I think him and you are sick MFer's.

That pisses me off to see such heartless acts like that.

edit to add, anyone who enjoys crap like this is heartless.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by earth2]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

You sir, have made a very good argument. And trust me, I live in Southern California about an hour north of the border. I know the immense drain the illegals have caused on my beautiful home state. We have about 60% of the nations wealth among California's residents, and our state is going bankrupt (don't quote me on that figure, its a ballpark.) Meg Whitman will change things when she is elected to governor, unlike Bush who let all of the illegals come in easily. His terrible administration drove California into the ground.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I think a few of my friends are going to be trying this tommorrow at Home Depot, I've called immigration several times and seen them arrest illegals that loiter outside there.

always funny sitting in home depot parking lot here and calling INS on cellphone then just wait. When they see them roll up they scatter screaming and running in all different directions it's hilarious.

only proves they know they are illegal.

and should get their arses a nice 1 trip bus ticket back to their country, it's disgusting they have so little pride in their own country and race, and knowingly break the law to get work here to get those free benefits and tax free under the table cash.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Cito

That was blatantly racist. How many times did that man call those people the ethnic slur "beaner"? Which shows the truth to this matter perfectly.

Racist? How can that man in the video be a racist when those illegal mexicans are coming over the border and knowing it IS illegal to do so. Those "illegal mexicans" are just illegal pests into the U.S.

I just DO NOT KNOW why some people would defend the criminal acts that the illegal mexicans are doing.

A Question To Ask The Americans: Is there any way to send some money to that man in the Video for (gas money)... so he CAN keep on doing it?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join