It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversy Surrounding Bank with Obama Ties Grows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Controversy Surrounding Bank with Obama Ties Grows

www.foxbusiness.com

Controversy continues to swirl around the Obama administration’s bailout of the politically connected community lender ShoreBank, with new calls for an investigation into how the bank was able to secure tens of millions of dollars in Wall Street cash to stay alive, FOX Business has learned...

...Several executives at the banks told FOX Business that they received some political pressure from administration officials to contribute the money, which when combined with government bailout funds
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Officials in the Obama administration have denied that they used political leverage to force the banks to make the contributions.

But House Republicans are dubious. ShoreBank has close connection to officials in the Obama administration, and all of the Wall Street firms and companies like GE taking part in the ShoreBank bailout were themselves bailed out with government funds and continue to feast on various programs offered by the Obama administration.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's a shame that this is only coming out as a partisan attack, but does it ever come out differently? Because it is the Republicans against the Democrats, the Democrats can easily argue that this is nothing but a partisan attack and dismiss it outright. I guess this is one of the "perks" to the false left-right paradigm and both sides are well practiced at dismissing charges based based upon this frivolous excuse.

I'm curious as to what the connection is between Obama and ShoreBank. Could it just be political favors or is their something more deep and entrenched? It seems like a lot of work for simple political favors so I'm inclined to believe it is something much bigger and possibly more sinister. I sure hope these accusations grow legs and that this gets pushed out into the mainstream.

--airspoon

www.foxbusiness.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'd like to see it get major attention too, but you're right the partisan crap will make sure that it doesn't.

Obama's got major ties to the banking industry. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that Tony Rezko was involved in this somehow.

Obama got this bank to donate a million dollars to Kenya. They financed a loan to Trinity United Church of Christ (Jeremiah Wright’s church). Van Jones, is an account holder at ShoreBank. Obama's mother, worked for Tim Giether's Father Peter Geither at the Ford Foundation. Ford Foundation is partnered with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Obama served on the Woods Fund board along with Board Chairman Howard Stanback, who is currently head of Shorebank’s Neighborhood Institute.

Obama also was chairman of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC) during the time that Business People for the Public Interest (BPI) was approved for $375,000 in grants. Ron Weissbourd, former Exec VP for Shorebank was serving on the board of directors for BPI during the same time period.

OBama is nothing more than another crooked Chicago politician trying to get untangled from his own web.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The corporate feasting on government programs through the banks such as this one was some form of political payback. Same goes for the "Stimulus"... A bunch of dollars down the toilet, with no accountability. On top of that, just look at all that profit taking from the baby boomers pensions. A well orchestrated scheme is all I can say. I can't decide who is more corrupt: Wall Street, Corporate America, or the Government.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
Obama got this bank to donate a million dollars to Kenya. They financed a loan to Trinity United Church of Christ (Jeremiah Wright’s church). Van Jones, is an account holder at ShoreBank. Obama's mother, worked for Tim Giether's Father Peter Geither at the Ford Foundation. Ford Foundation is partnered with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Obama served on the Woods Fund board along with Board Chairman Howard Stanback, who is currently head of Shorebank’s Neighborhood Institute.
OBama is nothing more than another crooked Chicago politician trying to get untangled from his own web.

Wow, Great info! I had no idea how far the tentacles spread.
How much longer will the sheeple sleep before these Chi-Com wolves devour everything. Star
S&F to the OP

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Oh they spread a lot furter than that believe me. I did a lot of looking into the big O before the election. His connections go far back and are wide reaching, he's been primed for this his whole life.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Ain;t that the truth. When I started researching him, unfortunately after the election,(although i didn't vote this time around out of protest) seems you are right and he hasa been groomed since birth. He has his hands in many pies in many countries. if anyone would research him and his past, the illusion would melt away and then many people would see that he is so full of bs that even flies are attracted to his breath.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by eazyriderl_l]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

I'm curious as to what the connection is between Obama and ShoreBank. Could it just be political favors or is their something more deep and entrenched?

This is just now breaking? Glenn Beck (yes, alot of you hate him, but I get my news from all sides, Beck and Dowd, and everyone in between), has been talking about this for weeks.

Read Away

Say its Beck or its Fox, whatever. Read the story. Pretend its from the Daily Kos, you'll feel better about yourself.

The man is crooked. I tried to give him a chance when elected, but coming from the Chicago machine, did he ever have a chance?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

For many the illusion will never melt away, because they want the illusion no matter what the cost. Illusion is far easier for some than reality. Some are just plain lazy, they don't want to be bothered with doing their own research, they'd rather take the easy way and simply vote the party line.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

Of course he had a chance, no matter where he came from. He chose the path he's on, he could have said no at any time.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Sorry, forgot my little (sarcasam) disclaimer.

top topics

join