It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel launches OFEK-9 SPYSAT Tuesday June 22nd, 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Sound's as if Israel want's a clearer picture for some reason, interesting timing considering the recent event's....

*** just realized the "Oh F%&#" connection to this....lmao

AP) JERUSALEM (AP) - "Israel launched a spy satellite called "Ofek 9" late Tuesday, Israel's Defense Ministry and officials said, increasing Israel's capacity to keep an eye on enemies like Iran".

The Defense Ministry issued a statement saying the satellite was launched late Tuesday from the Palmachim air force base on Israel's coast south of Tel Aviv. An hour later, after the satellite completed its first circuit, the ministry said it had achieved its proper orbit, describing it as "a surveillance satellite with advanced technological capabilities."

www.nytimes.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

[edit on 22-6-2010 by freetree64]

[edit on 22-6-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Their last SAT had 70 cm capability, this one has even higher resolution, so I'm guessing they are going to be able to see underground at this point (sic)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's becoming harder and harder to maintain secrets these days. The internet is just one example. These satellites are another. Then we have advanced codebreaking that is always one step ahead of the cryptography. The average citizen is applying more scrutiny to political movement.

Yeah, I know that's only partially on topic but I just watched Sneakers last night.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think this is more important than it seems...thanks for posting this.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
yeszzz, surveilance, yeszz.
ya know, i wonder about that...oh, it's nothing

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

so we have Iran with eyes in the skies and the US and allies start a war of words
Israel launches its eyes in the skies and the US and allies praise it,

yay

new topics

top topics

join