It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals Have a Right to ????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
...a one-way ticket home.

And that's all I have to say about that.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
well since this thread needs explaining, i'll lay it out so children can understand. the object in question is giving rights to illegals, with that being known lets look at what would happen if we were to agree with giving rights to illegals why not let them run for elected office.

its a light irony that none of you guys have seem to have understood. it seemed like something to be shared but as i asked if anyone read past the headline so far it doesn't seem so.

*Mod Edit: Dude you have been advised to stick to the topic...have editted out your off-topic shot at the Mod - cheers, alien

[edit on 22-6-2010 by alien]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance_Defier

Originally posted by Pewbert
ok so some D--S--T can't take a joke. nor could he read that what i worte was not a personal attack.

mod get real..

Weather or not you feel your action was justified it against the T&C. I have just joined the website and actually took the time to read them.

Let me ask you a question.

Do you think that "illegal" is a term of perspective or a term of truth?

Illegal is just something that someone used to define something that they themselves didn't agree with/ didn't understand.

Illegals as we speak about now is a political term. I do so believe that every human has the right to live wherever he wants to. (except extremist islamist) But as someone already posted, there are lines on the map that were put there by humans that divide us all. I wonder if those lines (borders) on the world map are in accordance with the Intergalactic Federation laws....

[edit on 22-6-2010 by St-Patrick]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
I guess its just me, but a right is something a person has no matter what. Priviledges may be taken away not rights. With that said, I believe they have the right to food, water, health care and civil treatment. 7/10 posts in this thread equate illegals to cattle with their views and I find it repulsive. To say they have no rights in the US is to say a human being does not have inalienable rights, a very prehistoric view of humanity.

Dude, as a freaking citizen, I do not have those rights you so graciously mentioned they have a right to. If I have to go to work and earn a living to have the privelege to eat, have a roof over my head, and healthcare(Which I have not yet had since my last job that supplied it), then WTH makes you think they have a right to whatt even I don't???? The sheer fact of the nature of having to work to purchase the items you so want to give away to an "ILLEGAL", indicates it is a priveledge to be able to have these things and not a right at all.
Privelege: a right or immunity granted as a peculiar benefit, advantage, or favor
Right: Freedom, immunity, power, or privilege, due to one by agreement, birth, claim, guaranty, or by the application of legal, moral, or natural principles.

That should do it.
In other words you want to give them those priveleges free while I bust my a&& off and get no help not even when I desperately needed it and paid into the S***** for 20 yrs, right???

[edit on 22-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

illegal means ILLEGAL!if i told you rape, murder, arson child molesting etc was what i felt were correct does it make those crimes legal? we have laws for a reason and if the illegals can't go thru the legal channels and instead come here ILLEGALLY then they deserve to be deported

[edit on 22-6-2010 by bigfoot1212]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pewbert

While I see your irony as you call it, I think there are deeper issues this has brought up. It's a sensitive subject for many in America, but that does not excuse the blatant discriminatory views being spread on these boards. No, the privledges of being an American should not be afforded to someone here illegally, but the deeper issue is what rights do we as human beings have just for being human. It would seem many here would say none.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

So a human being does not have the right to food? What draconian mindset to you subscribe too? Yes, they are here illegally. They should not be given 5 course meals and stays in 3 star hotels. But I believe the basic human needs are inalienable human rights. What it takes to survive should be a right to any human being. Yes, an illegal immigrant should be deported. They should not receive welfare, nor employment. But if you saw an illegal at your doorstep, a fellow human being, you would be so cold as to turn them away without giving them a slice of bread because they are illegal? Many of you call for equality around the world, but in practice it would seem that you think Americans are more important than another person. If I saw an individual hungry and hurting on my doorstep, I do not care what their legal status is, I will give them food and whatever medical attention I can, and send them on their way.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I think they only problem with illegal aliens is "jobs"

Check this serious documentary about illegals taking our jobs for cheap salary.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by St-Patrick]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Pewbert

While I see your irony as you call it, I think there are deeper issues this has brought up. It's a sensitive subject for many in America, but that does not excuse the blatant discriminatory views being spread on these boards. No, the privledges of being an American should not be afforded to someone here illegally, but the deeper issue is what rights do we as human beings have just for being human. It would seem many here would say none.

WE HAVE NONE!!!!!!! Does a rabbit have a right to live even? No, if it is too dumb or lame it will get eaten....SAME GOES FOR THE HUMAN RACE!!!!!!!! THERE ARE NO inherent rights that is a myth!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

Based on the rules of society as it is today, these are not rights. If someone came to my door hungry and they were legal or illegal right now wouldn't get smack, because my familoy comes first and I have none to spare, and I am sick of people trying to extort what the hell I do have to take it out of my hands! AND MY CHILDREN'S MOUTHS!!!! I am sick of it!!!!
Nobody has any rights except their own ingenuity and learn how to conform with society and the laws therein!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

I am a huge south park fan. Very balanced views for both sides.

And ldyserenity, it is quite depressing to think that you do not have ANYTHING to spare. I do not know what that is like honestly. I agree, there is no need to give to another if it means you going hungry, but the fact is, many Americans have plenty and would refuse to lend a helping hand.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Illegals have more rights the citizens do.

Since the Department of Homeland Insecurity cannot do its job I guess it will be up to we the people.

Give mexico 30 days notice and place signs in english and spanish every 50' that says crossing the border at anyother palce than a check point will result in you being deemed an Invading terrorist.

All Invaders will be shot.

30 days later turn the Militias loose.

Happy Hunting!

Yes I realize they are humans too but if they cannot respect the will of the US citizens too bad.

Liberals.... Deal with it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

And ldyserenity, it is quite depressing to think that you do not have ANYTHING to spare. I do not know what that is like honestly. I agree, there is no need to give to another if it means you going hungry, but the fact is, many Americans have plenty and would refuse to lend a helping hand.

No, 5% have plenty and would refuse to give, then 25% may have a little more than comfortable and would give, a great deal, about 35% do not have the means. That's the facts. And who do they try and take the extra from? not the 5% not the 25%, no they want to take it from the 35%. The rest, 35% have absolutely nothing (this includes those on welfare and other assistance). Now mind you these probably aren't the exact numbers, but they're pretty close I am sure.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Hi!

I am sorry but I can't understand what you are trying to say to me....

Can you reformulate your post ?

BTW: (This is not a joke)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

i like the way you think- i think we should make a 300 yard wide land mine feild from cali to texas with signs saying WARNING LAND MINE FEILD
and as for whomever said it i will give food and the shirt off my back if they need it but not to ILLEGALS
they stole my job and i have no respesct for them

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
heres your reply:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Since the Department of Homeland Insecurity cannot do its job I guess it will be up to we the people.

Maybe that is what the government is waiting for. Maybe the real fight is with we the people.

You talk border security and how government isn't doing their job, but please tell when have they ever done their job of border security to your satisfaction?

Surely, you can't deny that the security you see on the border today is the most the Southern Border has ever had. Yet, that still isn't good enough for you.

You know well that shooting and land mines and other cruel methods are not acceptable due to laws.

So how do you expect to secure the border 100% or more than what it currently is patrolled without breaking the bank?

Seriously, you can talk about the cartels all day, but that is just another nightmare the US has created.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

I don't want to be rude but:

Let's not forget that you americans, took thousands and thousands of life and went to war in the name of democracy (oil).

Maybe it is payback time looking at what is going on your side of the border. Illegal immigrants and the oil spill............ 1+1 =2

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Just the first sentence was for you, about loving south park and it presenting a balanced view of both sides of issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join