It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Stanley McChrystal, Commander of US and Coalition Forces in Afghanistan, tenders resignation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
General Stanley McChrystal Resigns

Commentary from ZeroHedge

There have been a few threads over the past few days about tensions between Gen. McChrystal and the Obama Administration following McChrystal's interview in Rolling Stone, in which he criticized the administration's handling of the war in Afghanistan. The president has summoned Gen. McChrystal to attend in person a monthly meeting regarding the ongoing wars, scheduled for tomorrow; McChrystal usually participates by teleconference.

I don't know what to make of this. The senior military commander in Afghanistan resigns, ostensibly in protest of Obama's management of the war... he is, perhaps inadvertently, playing into the hands of the GOP and far right, this move lends enormous credence to their election campaign claim that Obama would bungle the war. Recent stories about Afghanistan support the notion that it's going to hell in a hand-basket, mineral deposits notwithstanding.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Another great American Patriot wasted by this administration.
second line,

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EtSolveMundi

Well, he set himself up for this with his RS interview. It's important to me, that he was still on active duty, when he did the interview, because he has first hand experience, and didn't do it after his resignation, which might have made him out to look disgruntled with anything negative he had to say.

He got the word out, and I believe knew what the consequences would be.

I admire his cajones, greatly. I don't think he quit to please anybody but himself, and to open a few eyes.

new topics

join