It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New (22/6) Julian Assange(WikiLeaks) Interview & Cryptic Reply to "What's next?" ...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
yeah its awesome how literally this guy is holding CIA and FBI breath haha

We need more idependent jurnalists who expose the truth

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The site in the video looks like Tweetdeck, it's a cool way to look over your Twitter streams, vie used it before. And, it makes sense since Wikileaks has a Twitter account as well.

I agree with the posters that Lamo looks drugged int that video clip, what drugs I can't say. I suppose it coiled be something for his Asperger"s condition.

I just don't get the feeling that Lamo is telling the truth in this! And, yeah, that's only a gut instinct, but as the story unfolds more it seems more and more plausible.

It will be interesting to see if anything new gets oublished on this.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

ETA: How awesome was it to see Daniel Ellsberg call him a candidate for one of the 'most dangerous men in the world'.

[edit on 22/6/2010 by serbsta]

Mind you, the the most dangerous man in the world is obama puppet and his masters - clearly Julian is NOT dangerous to the world - he is dangerous to control freaks.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
No disrespect to the op.

Assange blinks way to much for my liking. If I were speaking to him face to face, I would say he was a liar or at very least, concealing something.

I'll give him the benefit of doubt and say he's scared shirtless.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
For those, who are wondering, if Lamo is more under drugs or if it is his Asperger problem.

He just linked to some chatlogs on his facebook site a few hours ago, titling it "WIKILEAKS PROVIDES THE TRUTH ABOUT ADRIAN LAMO". There we can read, what really happened in May to him.

There also is a small part of the chat with Manning with a few things, that were cut out by wired.com.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Thinking about that cryptic sentence, I'm wondering what he means by 'mass spying'. Spying on individuals in a massive way? Massive amounts of spying activity?

The plot thickens....Lol

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Where do I go to find wiki leaks?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Keep in mind I have a strange sort of memory, its like somethings are highlighted bright neoen...from my memory banks, and I see big flashing neon lights here....

I am not going to go digging, to try and post a link..."I'm sure one of the political ppls's on here have it at ready" ty in advance...

The issue I bring up here is, whether or not , what I know I seen...even if only ever so brerifly, was an international, law/treaty, or just a single gov't entity..

back ohhh 2 years ago give or take 6 months, there was whispers of a 90 day ISP "of which smart phones, IM's, TXT, and chat" had to be held by the ISP provider, for 90 days ...just incase TPTB or whomever decided to go back and do some archy digging through someones personal file...
I know it was not a dream, but was just a whisper...and I think that this was incorperated....with the freedom act post 9/11 and the 911 emergency cell triangulation for emergencies.....tax...that our ISP's have so politely charged us for.

So in short of 260k of sent stuff "be cool if he sent 260 k individual files"........unless your privvy to the access point and can retrieve the info.....or count on wiki....we will never know, and this is nothing more than a he siad/she said thing...for now...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There's definitely a big stink here, but don't forget that Assange officially pledged to pay for the legal fees for Manning. That alone suggests that Manning is indeed a legitimate character who almost certainly leaked the Iraq video to Assange.

So what's happening with those transcripts? What's the deal with Lamo? I'm not sure - but Manning, at least at one point, was the real deal. If this was all a stunt, and the point of this operation was to shut down Wikileaks and/or take down Assange, well neither objectives were accomplished. There has to be something more here.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
There's definitely a big stink here, but don't forget that Assange officially pledged to pay for the legal fees for Manning. That alone suggests that Manning is indeed a legitimate character who almost certainly leaked the Iraq video to Assange.

I wouldn't be so sure about it:

Given the current debate over whether Mr Manning is the source of the US military videos possessed by Wikileaks, Mr Assange said he was "a little more concerned" about this release. He added that Wikileaks would "always try and represent alleged sources".

BBC News

But this is, what "wikileaks" wrote on twitter four days ago:

US Army, US Army CID, State Dep have together been visiting Manning's irregular US email contacts.

This would indeed be a little too much for a fake show. Though I didn't hear or read about it elsewhere...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It could be related to the Patriot Act wire taps.

Apparently if one has reasonable suspicion that someone is involved in Terrorist activities then a wire tap can be put in place without legal oversight.

Of course, given that "reasonable suspicion" is extremely wide open to abuse, it was revealed that some 20,000 + NSA wiretaps have been undertaken illegally and for all manner of nefarious purposes not necessarily related to Terrorism.

I don't have a source for this but recall reading it in US MSM some months ago.

Thks

Bravo

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by serbsta

I'll delete mine then. Cheers.

Does anyone know what site that is?

It looks like he is running an application called Tweet Deck (Twitter)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I cross my fingers Mr. Assange is in posession of the lost 9/11 Pentagon tapes.
The outcome of that kind of leak would be unimaginable.

I have so much respect for that mans work I think I´m in love.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
My hope is that by making it public knowledge that some "in the know" are opting to leak damnable intel that proves willful disregard for basic human rights by all nations, ever more whistleblowers will be willing to share this info with citizens. If you have access to this type info it is your duty to humanity to get it out to expose the criminal alliance of thug nations planninf their NWO agenda. Expose TPTB cock-roaches to the light of truth and they'll scatter.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by romanmel]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I think that Lamo is getting a very much satisfaction out of this whole situation, and having his name said a lot on the news.
I friended him on Facebook, and he seems to be posting a lot of articles having to do with his story.
When I asked him why he did it, he replied back.
Here's the very brief conversation.

Me: So why'd you do it?
Me: 30 pieces of silver?
Me: I'm just curious, perhaps you had a good reason.
Or maybe you're just another Judas.
Lamo: Why am I obligated to explain myself to every rubbernecker that turns up here? The answers are out there. It's not my fault you won't find them.
Me: You're obligated because you've done wrong by us. In the time that it took you to type that out, you could have instead, answered my question. I think that you're ashamed of the answer. I would be too.

He responds that way towards the majority of questions directed at him on his Facebook, but seems to be having a great deal of fun with the whole situation, even laughing when he's called by an interviewingGlenn Greenwald a "war crimes collaborator." He acts as if the whole thing is no big deal.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well, I've got a couple things I would like to bring up. First off Assange says that their information is hosted on many servers throughout the world. He's a hacker/cracker whatever you want to call it. He's very smart when it comes to computers, hell, he hacked the NASA computer system. So I'm sure he covers his tracks very well on the internet. I've been in the computer field since 1994. I was in the military from 1997-2007 and work in intel/communications. I recently got out because of my beliefs and what was coming here at Barksdale AFB in Shreveport, LA, the United States Cyber Command. Now I still have a few friends that work there and they tell me that they monitor all cell phone calls, phone calls, emails, internet sites, ATS included. So when the "men in black" come knocking at my door, don't be alarmed if I don't post up here anymore. This # is real life people.

en.wikipedia.org...

They were established as a means to regulate the internet. It's coming down the pipe and sites like ATS will be considered "terrorists" in the future. I give it 5-10 years tops.

Because I talk against the government to my old Air Force buddies a lot of them have shunned me now. They won't even speak to me or answer my phone calls anymore. My best friend for the entire 10 years I was in the military works on Barksdale and monitors cell phone calls. He hasn't spoken to me since the 4th of July last year when I pulled him aside and asked him for specific information on what they monitor, due to my affiliation with my wife's family from Venezuela. He told me a few things, but then just shut down. I think he knew what I was trying to do, another reason why I got the "boot" from the Air Force. I asked to many questions about the # that was going on. I liked to talk a lot when I got drunk, so they got rid of me.

I give props to this guy Assange, and no the government can't just out right kill the guy, it would raise to much suspicion. But I'm sure they have their best hackers/crackers on the internet trying to block or find this information that Assange has. They have people following him trying to find this information so they can block it from coming out. I really think that the US Gov't has their hands tied at the moment, but the CIA will do whatever it takes to save "The Mission". They always told us in the military its all about "The Mission".

If you have any direct questions about any of this, please ask. I'll try and answer what I can. But I can't say much because I signed a contract that most of the things I saw I wouldn't speak of. Unless released publicly. But most things won't be released until all parties are dead. And even then, they are careful as to what they release. It's all a control thing.

Example 1
There are 310 million people in the United States. Out of those there are 1.2 million millionaires. Out of those Millionaires roughly 600,000 of them are actors, music artists, sports affiliates or sports stars, etc. Out of the 600,000 left about 300,000 roughly inherited their millions or were lottery winners. So that leaves about 300,000 "self-made" millionaires. Divide that by the number of people in America and you get .001 percent of people who have became millionaires on their own. "America, the land of opportunity!". hahaha. You people have been fooled by the richest people of the world. You let 1.2 million people control 308.8 million people. That's just really really really sad that we can't stand up against these people who run our country, our money, and our way of life.

So the next time you get in your car at 7am, drive to work with your cup of coffee, fight freeway traffic, work all day, go home, never get to spend time with your wife/husband and children. Think about those 1.2 million who get to stay at home all day, their kids get to go to Yale/Harvard. They get ALL THE OPPORTUNITIES OF LIFE. You will NEVER get that. It's a fantasy world that they have created...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

But you should also keep in mind where this whole 260,000 cables fiasco started. Right from the mouth of Lamo, and his mouth ONLY. Why are we to trust the words of the same person who is suspected to be involved with the Wikileaks smear campaign and who looks as if he just snorted coke in the video in the OP? The whole story cannot be trusted, Lamo has a history of bad journalism (scams, setups, you name it) and to trust his word on something as monumental as this would be... best way to put it, foolish.

[edit on 22/6/2010 by serbsta]

Lamo probably sold the name of the source - scum to me, we are at war with the controllers - we don't need guys like this helping them.

Additional: So happy tpo see Birgitte again - they gave the banks the finger, threw them out with their debtors take over - she is a real champion.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahitler

So the next time you get in your car at 7am, drive to work with your cup of coffee, fight freeway traffic, work all day, go home, never get to spend time with your wife/husband and children. Think about those 1.2 million who get to stay at home all day, their kids get to go to Yale/Harvard. They get ALL THE OPPORTUNITIES OF LIFE. You will NEVER get that. It's a fantasy world that they have created...

Nope - it is 'reality' - the fantasy you can believe in, because everyone else does, and the TV tells you it is so - and after all, the TV is God. If you don't believe - then you are crazy, but not only crazy - you are dangerous - because you might infect others with your sick views.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
No disrespect to the op.

Assange blinks way to much for my liking. If I were speaking to him face to face, I would say he was a liar or at very least, concealing something.

I'll give him the benefit of doubt and say he's scared shirtless.

I am not in the habit of defending people I do not know...but until five years pass without nothing and he ceases pushing the line I have been discussing for years...he's got my support and default attention.

Especially since the alternatives are Political Pundits whom are goading reaction...rather than providing an imploration for the considered cultivation of such...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Pulled up a clearer image.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7356af999864.png[/atsimg]

Definitely not ATS.

[edit on 23/6/2010 by serbsta]

Looks like TweetDeck. A twitter application for your desktop. /me shrugs

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join