It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if This type of Alien Shows Up?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The old anthropomorphic argument. Unfortunately, creatures like these would need to prove themselves more than something more familiar - even if this familiar was 7ft tall and scary-looking. There's something in human psyche which is so anthropocentric in nature

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
12 ft tall aliens are more likely than scummy bacteria. If they had the tech to travel all the way to reach us, they better be worth my time to get scared. We've already tried the likes of Hitler, Stalin and George Bush, whats wrong with another alien ruling over us?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
Let me first state that I am all about disclosure and having our star friends show up. Many channel's have stated too not be in fear as they basically resemble us. OK, that is wonderful news.

But what if that isn't exactly how it is? What if the most benevolent of all the aliens that truly want to help us, look something like this?

What if they were like 12 feet tall? I guess that would definitely make the thought of mass panic seem more credible. Perhaps TPTB know this. A reason for non disclosure.

We had such disclosure way back in 1957...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

I think the intelligence of the species and the general look goes hand to hand together. The reason is because the intelligent beings would have the concept of balance and beauty of the body of themselves. This would have made them evolved toward much better look than that of the "praying mantis". I mean they won't look too bad. But then according to Alex Collier, the reptillians think humans are ugly just like humans think reptillians are disgusting. But then why should they (the reptillains ) live under the ground? I guess if you live in a planet that is very dark but warm, the look won't matter too much, I guess, lol. Look at the video of the captured small alien being with large eyes, which I don't think can be a fake. The being doesn't look horrifying. But the body shape and the movement look kind awkard. This makes me think that the little gray aliens may be biotic drones, like worker bees. But people have reported human like beings that have quite remarkable beauty in their body boarded in the space ships.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Great laugh OP...

The funny thing would be to realize that... we look like that to them!
We are not the prettiest things in the Universe for all we would like to think so...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

A 12 foot version of this on the other hand...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93ec8621fb9a.jpg[/atsimg]

Not cool :shk:

I would die of heart failure! This is just wrong!!!

OP I think the praying mantis is awesome! I would rather have reptilians, ghouls or any other species out there as long as it doesn't resemble a spider or those creepy machines from War of The Worlds lol

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

From what I've learned, I believe UFO's are piloted with telepathy, so body types wouldn't make a difference in navigating a UFO. In fact the human body is probably the worst suited to fly a UFO or make interstellar trips for that matter. Unless there is some sort of artificial gravity to keep our bones from atrophying we will not be making any huge leaps across space.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Actually quite a few people reported contact of 3rd kind describing aliens looking like praying mantis. That's where the "insect alien" type comes from. They are usually described to be "rough" with people but also deeply spiritual. I've read so many of those reports that I can't find relevant sources ATM but I remember even wikipedia linked some of them.

I think our universe is so big that one's imagination cannot even conceive all possible types of intelligent (or not so) alien beings. The only question is are most of them so isolated and disconnected or "lonely" as we are.

Edit: to add, a scientific fact is that "big bugs" couldn't survive on earth due to atmospheric conditions. The biggest ones had their time some 100 million years ago when carbon dioxide was 12 times higher with more oxygen as well. So, these aliens would have hard time walking on white house lawn lol. Oh and, our gravity would break those thin legs of theirs. Wouldn't want that.

[edit on 23/6/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I have to agree with skekke.
They would have to have some sort of 'hands' to create the technology required.
As a huge fan of 'Galaxy Quest' perhaps we can expect little Octopuses in human assimulated form.
Octopus I could cope with.
Spiders NO! NO! NO!
Also my greatest and almost only fear.
According to experts such as Timothy Good, they (aliens) could pass for us. On the other hand has he met them all?
7 foot Lizards don't do much for me.
As for the picture, I am not sure that that is quite what I expected from the phrase 'little green men'.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Eh! I would strike a pose, too, and throw it something to eat as a friendly gesture. Maybe it'd like a bowl of flies.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I am thinking that a twelve foot praying mantis would have some seriously tasty filets hiding on their frame somewhere.

We shall see who eats whom!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I believe that their are ETs out there and my friends and I have had many discussions on this topic. I'll tell you what I've told them. I think there are lizard aliens out there.

Millions of years ago dinosaurs roamed the earth. What would have happened if an asteroid never hit the Earth and killed all of the dinos? Evolution would have ran it's course and dinos would have evolved into higher intelligent beings, just like we did from monkeys. Given the size of them, it's completely feasible that there could be 12 foot lizard people somewhere... Same for insects. Although, based on the size they are here on Earth, I'm not sure about 12 foot bug people. However, no one knows what size other creatures are on other planets. There could be 20 foot mosquitoes. *shiver*

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
If I take Darwin theory in consideration, a giant menthis-alien-like would most likely be agressive toward others.

Carnivore have theeths to better suit there needs. Now why would a creature have pointed saw like limbs ? You just can't shake hand. A simple "HI" waved with these limb would look probebly scarry.

IF ! I come in contact with a 12 feets menthis-like creature, Running would be my first reaction(instinct). But by curiousity, I would wait for it's first move hoping it's not fatal.

Sorry for my english, "Je suis un français"

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It's an interesting theory, but if we're talking about an intelligent, technological species, then they would need to meet certain evolutionary criteria that have allowed us to get to where we are today.

They would need to have the physical dexterity, similar to our opposable thumbs in order to utilise tools and build stuff. Their "hands" would need to be free to use them, which suggests bipedal design, although doesn't preclude the possibility of more than 2 legs, as long as the arms are free. They would need sufficient eyesight in order to see what they are doing when building said stuff. Most creatures evolve "backup" organs, like 2 lungs, 2 eyes etc, just in case one gets damaged, although 2 of anything seems to be enough for mother nature in most cases. The would need a brain big enough to allow intelligent, lucid thaught etc.

Basically, we didn't evolve the way we did just randomly and we are technological creatures only because of the way we have evolved, so it would stand to reason that any intelligent, technological alien species would be around the same basic shape and design as us.

Oh and another thing, if they were insectoid, they wouldn't be anywhere near our size. I read somewhere that insects are restricted in size because they simply would collapse under their own weight from the exoskelleton, although don't ask for a source for that, because it was bloody years ago I read it and I haven't got a clue where from.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What if This type of Alien Shows Up?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb4fd8604d27.png[/atsimg]

OOPS!!
Wrong link....hang on, meant to show THIS one:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92ef5bdde937.jpg[/atsimg]

Have to start hiding the cats......otherwise, no problemo!!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Consider how efficient and successful Ants or Termites are in their colonies. I would expect such practicalities to be widespread and commonplace.

But that's exactly why intelligent cockroaches would never evolve. They are already evolved to virtual perfection for the survival of the race. They do not need to evolve intelligence to survive.

Humans on the other hand were physically weak and easy to kill, therefore we needed to be smarter to survive. We had to create out teeth and out claws to defend and to hunt.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Lol you guys definitely have some great replies and are cracking me up, but what if I had of used the spider? After all, it is the spider that weaves the "web," and we do enjoy our web...

As far as the guy waking up in bed and trying to explain it, I don;t think he could as praying mantis are known to bite the males head off ummm after mating? I forget...!

Does make one wonder though doesn't it. Funny people want to party with the mantis, but fear the greys, I wonder why? Is it because we have heard more horror stories of them?

[edit on 22-6-2010 by yigsstarhouse]

maybe its because if any of us liked partying with the mantis, we'd be labelled as heretics & witches. Then we'd be killed in a freak accident, publicly executed, or made to dissappear.

many decent people who would just get pretty scared or confused despite not holding any prejudices, making assumptions or feeling any hate toward such aliens who look different than us. Because it would automatically make them feel that they may be being deceived or trapped by their enemies, being fooled by mere impostors, or somehow ended up outside of their present time-era because it appears obvious that aliens in those forms obviously evolved, died away, ascended, and/or changed into other species long ago (maybe even us). Grey alien overlords could just use holographic devices or costumes to disguise themselves as other species so they can maintain control over humans, worker class grey aliens, or other alien species.

I would be very surprised if that was all there is. I would think it is rather a bit of ego to think all the cosmos would be human, oid. I really don't think we are that big in the bigger scheme of things.

absolutely true. The human mind is just incapable of ever tolerating or understanding the existence of anything that appears different than their own kind. Except only for the purpose of breeding, food supplies, farming needs, inventors, resource managers, & harvesting creative ideas to help us prosper as a civilization.

All we can do is hope & look forward to a day when, maybe we're lucky, humanity will overcome this with our spiritual aid. I mean, it's written everywhere in all languages that we're chosen by God and nothing better than our species can ever exist. All those historical documents, philosophies & renowned scholars can't be wrong. So maybe all other life forms are even more stupid, more superstitious, more arrogant, more lazy, & more aggressive than we are. Since we obviously look much cooler & aliens would all merely look dumb compared to us.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Also, if you think about some of the crop circles and ummm, hell I forget the name of those lines you can only see from the air, but I'm sure you know what I mean. They have had depictions of spiders and whatnot. Have they been a clue?

[edit on 22/6/2010 by ArMaP]

The lines, youre talking about are the Nascas lines.
Hope I spelled that right!!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

What if the most benevolent of all the aliens that truly want to help us, look something like this?

Hardly benevolent. These things are voracious - especially the women folk. Wear a condom? Protection? God no!! You are Dinner!!

What if they were like 12 feet tall?
What if they carried nukes!! Oh my horrible god no!!!!11"1"'"11 wut!!11!

Perhaps TPTB know this. A reason for non disclosure.

A reason for non-disclosure would be to avoid the public being aware of an orchestrated coverup. Not Nancy being bitten by a bug big as a bus! oO

Many times in my travels over the Internet

You don't actually traverse the internet... You sit in your chair, click on a link and it takes you to a visibly different page.. You are still there ! You browser is still there. Umm, You don't go anywhere when you pick up the phone, either. Just checking.. oO

I have heard statements from credible witness's, IE., astronauts etc., that there is some very scary stuff out there.

I'm heard from some credible witnesses also, IE, astronomers etc,. that we're pretty much it in this solar system.. Im feeling safe!

I know for myself I am very open to whatever will be will be, and also I believe that whatever you think, it shall be.

Now my heart definitely believes in all the "good" to make a long story short, but I know that would be very hard for me to wrap my mind around if something like that was what showed up to help us. Would I panic? I don't think so, but that's hard to tell until it is right in front of me. I would like to believe my heart would guide my panic and I'd get past it, but still, it IS debatable.

I know this all sounds like a sci fi movie, but still, it has it's possibilities of also being a legitimate point. I think even the most open minded spiritually evolved might blink twice on that.

Also, if you think about some of the crop circles and ummm, hell I forget the name of those lines you can only see from the air, but I'm sure you know what I mean. They have had depictions of spiders and whatnot. Have they been a clue?

I just thought I'd throw this out there since it has been on my mind. Just curious to what you think, or what would you do?

Sorry for the massive pic, I'm just tickled I managed to actually get it to show. I'll figure it all out eventually!

[edit on 22/6/2010 by ArMaP]

I dunno,the rest of your post sounds like opinion, and I accept that. WE all have one, without 'em we couldnt poop.. No wait I mean bums.. Aww either way, most of them stink!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
It's an interesting theory, but if we're talking about an intelligent, technological species, then they would need to meet certain evolutionary criteria that have allowed us to get to where we are today.

They would need to have the physical dexterity, similar to our opposable thumbs in order to utilise tools and build stuff. Their "hands" would need to be free to use them, which suggests bipedal design, although doesn't preclude the possibility of more than 2 legs, as long as the arms are free. They would need sufficient eyesight in order to see what they are doing when building said stuff. Most creatures evolve "backup" organs, like 2 lungs, 2 eyes etc, just in case one gets damaged, although 2 of anything seems to be enough for mother nature in most cases. The would need a brain big enough to allow intelligent, lucid thaught etc.

Basically, we didn't evolve the way we did just randomly and we are technological creatures only because of the way we have evolved, so it would stand to reason that any intelligent, technological alien species would be around the same basic shape and design as us.

Oh and another thing, if they were insectoid, they wouldn't be anywhere near our size. I read somewhere that insects are restricted in size because they simply would collapse under their own weight from the exoskelleton, although don't ask for a source for that, because it was bloody years ago I read it and I haven't got a clue where from.

I could not agree more !!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join