It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if This type of Alien Shows Up?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I think the book "to serve man" is not far off really...

From the many rumours that some of the greys or others actually need certain animal and human endocrine gland excretions as a food source, and this story about this came out many many years before Phil Schnider and others mentioned anything about that... just an FYI

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
While insect-like aliens are a possibility, I don't think we are being imaginative enough here. These pics do not exactly scream "alien" as we are all familiar with mantis and spiders.

What if the aliens looked like this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f20d15092728.jpg[/atsimg]

And though I do think there is life in the galaxy, what we encounter may not be organic life but mechanic and synthetic. Much like this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20632fb2b37f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well...

The past does teach us that we kill lesser civilizations.

I would however be careful not to presume this also counts for any alien species out there.
We are always comparing aliens with us... The whole point is they are not. They are alien.

To become as advanced to travel amongst the stars, that means to a lot of solutions were used to solve every new problem on the road. This requires cooperation. So they have at least done that with each other. Nature teaches us it is eat or be eaten.

Mankind would should at them the minute they see they are green.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Yikes, that would certainly take care of the depopulation issue we seem to be having now wouldn't it. Creepy thought that is...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hi there,

Good topic, lets freak ourselves out before they turn up.lol.

This is what fecks us up though, we judge by what people look like too much of the time, some more than others.

What happened to the saying, "never judge a book by its cover!"

For us to move forward and progress when aliens do turn up, we need to be thinking along the lines of regardless of the body type that a being inhabits (i.e., "alien" body or human), they might have positive or negative intentions toward mankind. If you make a sweeping generalisation about any off-world race, the result is a lie. It would be like saying all white people are good or all Chinese are smart or all black people are good at sports. It's racist. It is the intention behind the being's words and the results of its actions that count.

The Nommo are a perfect example. The Nommo were hideous looking beings, half man half fish, but they still managed to get the respect needed to teach us. The Dogon spoke highly of them and so did the Sumerians!

Bring on the giants and insectoids, anyone up for an intergalactic boxing match??

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY
Hi there,

Good topic, lets freak ourselves out before they turn up.lol.

This is what fecks us up though, we judge by what people look like too much of the time, some more than others.

What happened to the saying, "never judge a book by its cover!"

For us to move forward and progress when aliens do turn up, we need to be thinking along the lines of regardless of the body type that a being inhabits (i.e., "alien" body or human), they might have positive or negative intentions toward mankind. If you make a sweeping generalisation about any off-world race, the result is a lie. It would be like saying all white people are good or all Chinese are smart or all black people are good at sports. It's racist. It is the intention behind the being's words and the results of its actions that count.

The Nommo are a perfect example. The Nommo were hideous looking beings, half man half fish, but they still managed to get the respect needed to teach us. The Dogon spoke highly of them and so did the Sumerians!

Bring on the giants and insectoids, anyone up for an intergalactic boxing match??

Nice point there. We can't even learn yet to stop killing our own because of color or whatever. I can just imagine something none humanoid showing up. Im sure it would be try to kill it first Then study it, like that makes a lot of sense.
Does anyone remember the Star Trek series of the borgs? Sometimes I think we are becoming that hive mentality, always connected to the internet, new inventions to make it easier on us, yes taking us further from our fellow man. I don't think holograms count as fellow man, but that seems to be a direction we are taking.
Perhaps we look like the bug. Good thing they are way beyond us and can see we have some sort of potential in the realm of things at least....

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
When i first looked at that picture all i thought was KILL IT.

Im sorry.....but sense im a fan of the imperium of man i say we should pick up there doctrine when it comes to the xenos.

I say we should exterminate every alien species we come too.

if they are too powerful.....just bide some time.

You might think im a monster for thinking this....but sorry guys....the majority of humanity probably thinks like this deep down inside!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Me, personally, wouldn't mind their appearance, as long as they were benevolent.

Because that thing is AWESOME.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well the story has it that there are a type that in fact do look like this.
At least the head/eyes anyway. And I gotta tell ya, when you look into
those eyes up close for real in person, Your gonna get a shiver down your neck
whether they are benevolent or not!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It would be an example of the diversity of life in the universe. Not all sentient beings fit the stereotype that humans have of them. Life comes in all forms and sizes..

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

I think that when people see aliens on television that we interact with all the time on movies, they look or resemble us. And so people always expect aliens will look like a human of some type and maybe even good looking like the movies. I believe that it's more than possible that our first contact species will be either an insect or a variant of a hive species that evolved. Since just looking at our world and at insects that it's entirely possible for insects to win out if sufficiently intelligent enough. I think we are going to be disappointed to be sure when those creatures are seen in the flesh. But lets all hope that that species are part of a community of species that help each other out and other newly discovered civilizations, if so we should be glad. We should be that smart tribe that learns as much as we can from these new beings (remember we to them are just as alien as they are to us).

I think Babylon 5 if any one remembers cam as close to what a future earth and alien interaction and community may look like for us. We as a species was new to the scene, we didn't have the artificial gravity and other top notch technology so we had to essentially buy bribe and steal if possible. This was the undercurrent theme for not only humans but all species in the series because they wanted to have a leg up in finding advance technology. What gets me the most stirred up and even thinking how our future society will be changed as we gain the ability to go to the stars is our ability to care about Earth. We will have people being born on other planets under alien stars who will in effect be alien but human. They will be born on lets say Altair 7 20 light years away (shoutout to the movie Forbidden Planet, one of the best old fashion scifi movies ever, it's essentially inspired by Shakespeare's The Tempest). Never knowing earth but from history data clips and/or stories from the parents. They would live their lives playing working and building that world that they consider theirs. Maybe they go to earth or maybe they don't or maybe they don't have no reason to go back to earth because they consider Altair 7 their jewel or the start of their civilizations history.

In essence we will start to fragment into different cultures and societies. So I really don't care about who will come down that metal plank to say greetings from what planet. I'm more concerned about what will become of us as a people once we start to spread and fragment. And eventually Earth my become less important in the grand scheme of things. Then it will become a backwater, then a but of jokes around the old spaceport bars, then forgotten. And enough time goes by it will be debated if humanity ever even came from this planet called Earth.

Just imagine yourself on that alien planet raising your kids and building your life on that planet. The first settlers will be depressed but over the course of decades and generations they will consider the planet they are on as their home. It's the fear of monumental change that everyone truly fears.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Just remember the Nommo were known as the great teachers, they're the ones i would throw myself at!! scientists on this planet have been able to instal a memory in a fly with a laser!! Imaggine what some serious next gen alien tech could do!

i'll have a "real" history download, sas training download, everything to do with explossives download yes pls!!.... i could prob find a couple more to have implanted

I just hope the feeling in my gut about all this alien shizness is true!! My gut is telling me things are gonna get nutts!! been waiting bloody long enough!!

[edit on 11:11 by WHOS READY]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Hey that photo looks like "Fred" after he morphs himself so as to not scare us humans on earth.

I would say, hey Fred, what's happening......

[edit on 22-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse

What if they were like 12 feet tall? I guess that would definitely make the thought of mass panic seem more credible. Perhaps TPTB know this. A reason for non disclosure.

Not to worry.

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I would be intimidated at first. but after seeing that he/she/it/whatever is indeed friendly, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I would think twice about giving something like that hug or a handshake (looks to painful) but I could dig being friends with it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
What if this type of alien shows up?

AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!

I might be a little skeptical based upon ….

You NEED to watch this!!! Start at the 1 min & 45 sec mark, or watch the whole 2+min

www.youtube.com...

if anyone else knows how or wants to post the direct link, feel free!

Thoughts, Things & stuff,
ET

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I guess it would depend on what they eat.
I suppose life can take any shape but all peaceful ET's should be welcomed as we would want to be if we were thre ET's of another planet

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'd prefer this:

At least I get something cool out of it.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Cool creature :-D! I know this is a little of topic..
But I guess the aliens would need fingers of some sort to make their ships and machines.. just think how friggin funny it would be to see that bug make something with he's mouth and legs..

edit: add to post..

[edit on 23-6-2010 by skekke]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Scientifically, it is highly unlikely to be humanoid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join