It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An introduction, and a question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I feel, as many others do, that posting would compromise my ability to some anonymity; but I had to post as I can not sit idly by. As this is an introduction and I can not post in regular forums, I will introduce myself. I am a 20ish something female who lives in Florida. Today I went out to my garden (I grow most of my fruits herbs and veggies) to find inside many of my upside-down planters a sticky tar like substance caked to the inside. They're transparent so it's easy to see. It rained last night, and most of the eve. Is anyone else in the area experiencing such a thing? I reside in Tarpon Springs, Florida north of Tampa right on the Gulf.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Welcome,

as you get addicted to the news on this site, you are going to find out lots about the oil geyser. I have been watching and reading from way north, and have noticed similar complaints here and there on this site. I hope your air quality is still ok, I have noticed posts with people starting to have breathing problems too.

This site is good for remaining anonomous, and great for getting hints at the real picture.
20 posts add up fast.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by harlothacks

Welcome 20ish something female.

Today I went out to my garden (I grow most of my fruits herbs and veggies) to find inside many of my upside-down planters a sticky tar like substance caked to the inside.

Can you take a few pictures and post them? Anything to continue to bring the spotlight on this crap-ola situation would be welcome. If you run into trouble posting them, many here can and will help.

Sorry to here about your veggies BTW.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
let me give you a hand with this. any oil that evaporates and rains on your garden will not look like tar or will be seen at all. but it will be tasted and consumed into your body.

i have been watching the weather patterns and so far i think your still in the safe zone as far as getting oil from rain. most of the rain has been building up north and west and moving south instead of building over the gulf and moving north overland. a build up over the gulf and coming on land would need at least 3 weeks of heavy rains all coming from that area to hurt your garden badly. watch the radar daily plus keep an eye on the plants if they dis-color or start to die you might think about testing to find out.

other than that, thats all you can do. good luck with it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Welcome here.

I guess you should post your findings and eventually pics here:

Looking for Help Researching Possible Oil Residue in Rain near Tampa, FL

You don't need to bother to get 20 posts before you can make your own thread, if you participate in that discussion.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, harlothacks!

Can you provide any pictures of said residue by chance?

Would be very interested in seeing them.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Can someone send me a private message explaining how to post pictures? I took some sub par pictures with my cellphone.

Or is it fine to link it to photobucket, flickr ect?

[edit on 22-6-2010 by harlothacks] for clarity

[edit on 22-6-2010 by harlothacks]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
welcome to ATS harlothacks. I hope you find the answer to your question. see ya around.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by harlothacks

You could find your answer here I guess:

Putting Pics, graphs,docs in a post

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I know the pictures appear that it could be a soil disease, it is not. I've been gardening in this locale for quite some time and I've never had my soil develop a stickiness. The texture doesn't show very well in these pictures. It's either a very cruel practical joke, or something rain related.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by harlothacks]edits to make images work

[edit on 22-6-2010 by harlothacks]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hello, A little bit about myself
I am an aspiring occult writer who one days wishes to write a commentary on the major grimoire's and other source books, i also enjoy fishing, camping, cooking, and the occasional Human Sacrifice(Just Kidding)

But seriously, i hope you do get to the bottom of this, it is probably root rot, its what it kinda looks like, but then again you probably know more about it than i do, Good Luck I hope you find the answers you seek.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I figured I'd update as I know the cause. Nothing sinister, just stupid neighbors throwing a party and for whatever reason the guests thought it would be great to throw soda cans (filled, yet open) over the fence. Clearly some of it ended up in the containers. Thanks all who welcomed me here to ATS.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

top topics

join