It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English World Cup song

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
if you sing this along with the music of "3 lions" (for the americans, it's a really poor song and is on youtube)

They're coming home
They're coming home
They're coming
Englands coming home (x4)

Everyone all knows the score
They've seen it all before
They just know
Thev're just seen that England's just
Thrown it away again
They have blown it!

But I know they can play Cos' I remember
seeing them on TV
Jules Rimet still giggling 30 Years of laughter hurt
Never stoppped me laughin

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

LOL!!

Sad but true.
Come on England, Come on England, Doh!!
Reality sucks.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Cosmic4life]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

BTS in 5...4...3...2..1...

(Bitter Scottish person
)

[edit on 22/6/10 by LiveForever8]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Lol.

But we've been there mate, and by all accounts all the lads have had a great time out there, plenty of wine. women and song!

You don't know, you may get a chance to go to one of these tournaments one day, if they ever let Scotland host something that is!

Think we'll still qualify though.

We'll soon see and I'm sure you'll let the world know if we are indeed coming home, just as we will if we're not.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
A bad case of L.A.M.S if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Don't think i can watch the game against Slovenia.
Talk about stress.
I was rather hoping the world was going to end (blackjack).
But that never happened either.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Think we'll still qualify though.

Most likely, however it sure seems a long time ago now since the groups were first announced and qualification was a "foregone conclusion" doesn't it?

Wikipedia would be wise to change Fabio Capello's page to semi-protected because if England lose tomorrow then Wikipedians are going to be working overtime to try to stem the flow of vandalism from disgrunteled "supporters".

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The game is going to be pure stress I tell ya, I'm going to be shouting and screaming at the screen.

We love you England we do,
Oh England we love you,
Oi Oi Oi

Anyone heard that one?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

BTS in 5...4...3...2..1...

(Bitter Scottish person
)

Im not bitter, just a little twisted
i am supporting the Argies at the minute, good line at the bookies
, as i said, Scotland was sabotaged at the qualifiers by them opening the bar
its not the english team that get my goat, there are some fantastic players there, its just the english media, harping on already about england have won already, the bloody mars bar adverts are driving me nuts, why play them in scotland ?? is it just to annoy me?,

The only good advert is for the oxo cube at the moment, Oxo are introducing a new white Oxo cube with a red cross in support of the England team. It's called the Laughing Stock...

also It was just in the news in the UK that the English football matches are being moved to one of the adult channels. The sight of 11 arses getting hammered was to explicit

I think you may have chance tomorrow of qualifying, we will have the tv on in work, there always seems to be a lot of fag breaks in the afternoon, i guess we are just too stressed
, ive got England to qualify in the accumulator so im routing, even though i, in the ABE camp am supporting the Argies

Right i think i have caused enough mayhem for one day, for the ones that are fumming at the present with the racist comments ready, this is called LIGHT HEARTED BANTER, you guys are welcome to share a pint with me any time your in this neck of the woods,

Wee Mad Mental

[edit on 22/6/2010 by weemadmental]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yeah ... our only hope is that Scotland progress to the last 16.... oh yeah thats right Scotland didn't qualify did they ,again , while such World Cup giants like New Zealand did .

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The Mars bars adverts are driving me nuts...and John Barnes looks as if he's had his fair share of them!

Course it's only a bit of banter, as it should be....but The Argies man....they are worse cheats than France, who can't help it - it's just their nature, and you know what as well....don't know if you can remember a little incident back in '82?

Don't know whereabouts in Scotland you are from but I get to Glasgow quite regularly so if we are ever in the same vicinity I'd gladly share a few with you.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Seriously, Ive tried to watch this game called Soccer over the last few days and to be honest its a pathetic show of sooks diving and feigning injury. If you did that in League or AFL your own team mates would run up and kick your ar$e for such a pathetic child like act.

How grown men can watch this debacle is beyond a joke, if you can condone this kind of stage acting ( pretty weak at that ) then you need to lighten up a little and watch this.

www.youtube.com...

now this...

www.youtube.com...

then this

www.youtube.com...

Get the picture ?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

Honestly? yeah a lot of football is a bit flat at times, especially as they are not allowed to hit each other, the first video is an advert, a funny story, it doesn't show the referee or the abuse that they get, (Especially from me) the second video is a drunk ozzie, we are like that just without a stupid accent

As for the third video we play this, it is not called football, it is called rugby, and it is played a lot harder in scotland and england, the fans are harder than the players in the video, especially if its cold and we have been at the whiskey.

But to be serious, the watching of the game is the spirit of things, the coming together of nations to bring a bit of understanding and comradeship, it breaks down barriers and starts communications, this is the spirit of the world cup, its not just the winning but the taking part, it doesn't matter if you qualify or not to be honest, we all get enjoyment out of the game, so don't knock a sport you don't know much about.

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yeah I hear ya mate, fair call that. Not alot of cheer from the French though eh ? and I actually did play soccer as a youngster but quickly converted to Aussie Rules because teen angst was clearly more relieved playing it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Seriously, Ive tried to watch this game called Soccer over the last few days and to be honest its a pathetic show of sooks diving and feigning injury.

I agree, it is disgraceful behaviour and brings the game into disrepute as well as seriously curtailing my enjoyment of the sport.

I have long since given up trying to defend football when the inevitable "soccer versus football" threads come up on American forums because frankly they have a point and have largely converted me to their point of view.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Seriously, Ive tried to watch this game called Soccer over the last few days and to be honest its a pathetic show of sooks diving and feigning injury.

True that some of the overpaid European and African players dive like they're diving at the swimming pool, and it really is pathetic to see them get up as soon as the magic spray is used and a quick drink of water. But that doesn't take away the magic of football and the feeling when you win 3-2 after being 2-0 down at half-time, etc etc etc.

Nothing beats club football, not even the world cup.... unless you win it of course.

England should qualify if we can score early on, otherwise it will be another dire game that we could again draw and fail to qualify for the knockouts.

Come on England lets thrash the Slovenian's 5-0 and # up the Germans either in the next round or the final!!!

[edit on 22-6-2010 by john124]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

As a football supporter i cannot argue the fact of the diving and acting is pathetic at times. Yet, when your team/country is down by a few and they come back to win the match it is the best feeling ever.

The WC thus far had no real "oemph" and some shocking results with huge drama off the field.

Imo the game will start for many teams this week, especially those who have one foot on the plane. It looks like the South American teams are out for a kill. England will make it, i just know. Maybe not to semis but they will do better than the last two games, bloody hell, THEY HAVE TO! At least they have not lost a game...

As long as Holland kicks butt i'll be a happy person.

Good luck to you Brits!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The only positive i am hanging onto is the fact we cant actually play any worse than we did against Algeria. Its still possible to draw and go through if the goal difference is right and America also draw, If we are still level with the US at the end of the day, England and USA's fate will be decided by pulling a name out of a lot. that would be an interesting way to end the day.

new topics

top topics

join