It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are they burning the oil from the source?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I am watching the Skandi ROV 2 live feed, and it sure looks like there is a plume of fire coming out of that thing, and sparks flying around.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here?

Skandi ROV 2

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This has been seen many times before. It seems to be the lighting they are using as well as the yellow dispersant. BP has not confirmed or denied it though!

I do not think we will ever know, until it blows up and Obama claims to have known nothing about it that is.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

It sure looks like a flame there.I think it is from a bright spot light from another ROV. I can't say that is exactly what we are seeing, but it is weird looking to say the least.I heard either yesterday or the day before about an igniter but don't remember if it was on an ROV or the ship burning methane.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

It is hard to get a good angle to see what it really is. Enquiring minds want to know. If its a light source that is one bright light they got there.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I keep alternating between light source and flame, especially when I see "things" flying by that are the same color. I have seen many colors based on the intensity of the dispersant over the last few weeks, but this color is new to me.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If you look at the Skandi-ROV2 it might look that way but if you look at the Enterprise-ROV2 you can't detect anything similair in color and brightness.

www.sanaracreations.fi...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

You beat me to that,but that is what makes it even more interesting because they do not seem to look the same color wise.You would think they should at least look similar when coming from the same source. With enterprise it looks all dark but skandi is more towards the orange color.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

That is why I suspect it to be the light on the Skandi. Flames will illuminate their surroundings. I'm not saying they haven't burned the methane but, For the moment I can't see it.

Both streams are in color, and in both streams you can see shadows of the "clouds" the orange light is somewhere above the cam of the Skandi.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Same here it probably is the light it just has a crazy look to it. I wish those cameras were in HD that way it would be clearer and we would have a better view of what is going on.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Could the rover be closer to the dispersant pipe?
maybe the colour lightens in relation to how much corexit its getting?
By the way, cant we pump a whole bunch of the dish soap they wash birds with?
I mean instead of the corexit ?

top topics

join