It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA faces off against KGB , tonight!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Tonight at 10pm EST, the show Deadliest Warrior (On SPIKE) will be pitting the good ole CIA against their counter-parts the KGB. For those of you who have never watched the show, they try to use science and technology to "test" the weapons and tactics of "experts" of both forces. They then run the results into a computer program designed to simulate the two forces facing off against one another. Think, war simulation or something similiar.

Deadliest Warrior - Episode Guide

CIA: According to our experts and what I could find on the Internet (probably the best way to feed the public misinformation) the CIA's function is to gather information about and exert political influence over foreign governments, corporations, and individuals, and to advise their own government in the process. They achieve this through covert and paramilitary operations and actively engage in psychological, economic, and cyber warfare. The most frightening fact that I came across was from an LA Times article that explained that the CIA has White House approval to make their own “hit” lists and is capable of carrying out global "operations" with weaponized drones from the ground in the United States. BUT I ask… would you want it any other way?

KGB: KGB is an abbreviation of a Russian group known as the Committee for State Security once it is translated. It was the National Security Intelligence Agency for the former Soviet Union from 1954 to 1991. But if you think that the KGB is not active just ask former KGB agent Alexander Litvinenko who wrote several books damning the KGB but escaped prosecution and gained political asylum in the U.K. before he was poisoned with polonium-210 on November 1, 2006 and died later that month as a result. U.K. investigators thought they knew who had assassinated Litvinenko but the Russian government at the time (Putin) refused to extradite the person to the U.K. for investigation. Further, Vladimir Putin was a former KGB agent himself and designated Dimitri Medvedev who was Putin’s protégé in earlier politics together as his successor. At that time Senator Barack Obama said that it was "a clever but transparent way for Putin to hold on to power." I would go as far to say that it was also a way of KGB cronies to also maintain power. Scary but I think it’s true. What do you think?

Anyone care to make predictions on who will win?

My money's on the CIA.

[edit on 6/22/10 by ElijahWan]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Cia will take this simulated faceoff.

Seeing as the audience is largely American, it sounds like propaganda to me...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The KGB does not exist anymore. It closed down in 1991.

It basically became two different new organizations. The FSB and SVR.

Check out my research thread on this subject.
"The KGB doesn't exist anymore"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, why are they calling them the KGB?

See how fast they muddy the water with disinformation?

Here we are in the West, as ignorant and uninformed about Russian Secret Services as possible.

Perhaps the Russians like it that we know nothing about them??

Anyways, check out that thread it's pretty good information.

Also for a side dish, check out another one I wrote called
"We always Blame the CIA, but what about the GRU?"

I expose the GRU whom is the largest intel agency on Earth. (Russian)

So the TV show should realistically be "The CIA vs the SVR"

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The KGB does not exist anymore. It closed down in 1991.

It basically became two different new organizations. The FSB and SVR.

Check out my research thread on this subject.
"The KGB doesn't exist anymore"

So, why are they calling them the KGB?

See how fast they muddy the water with disinformation?

Here we are in the West, as ignorant and uninformed about Russian Secret Services as possible.

Perhaps the Russians like it that we know nothing about them??

Anyways, check out that thread it's pretty good information.

Also for a side dish, check out another one I wrote called
"We always Blame the CIA, but what about the GRU?"

I expose the GRU whom is the largest intel agency on Earth. (Russian)

So the TV show should realistically be "The CIA vs the SVR"

Well I don't know that it's "disinformation" as much as it's more in a "historic" sense. From the little bit I saw of the commercial for it, they had suitcase guns ect....So it seemed to be a bit more "cold war" era or something like that. I'm planning on watching it at 10, so I'll know more after I've seen it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElijahWan

Well I don't know that it's "disinformation" as much as it's more in a "historic" sense. From the little bit I saw of the commercial for it, they had suitcase guns ect....So it seemed to be a bit more "cold war" era or something like that. I'm planning on watching it at 10, so I'll know more after I've seen it.

I plan on watching it too (thanks to this thread), so perhaps you are correct.

Perhaps it is set in a "historical" setting/sense.

That would make my "CIAvs SVR" comment pretty pointless lol.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
CIA & KGB are all different factions of global security. Their main functions are to protect central banks, create new opportunities for exploitation, false flags etc.

(yes I know the KGB's been renamed)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hello,

I dare to make a prediction based on history.

The Soviet Union crumbled, the CIA won.

I wonder why MOSSAD isn't added to the mix.

I catch the program every now and again. It's pretty cool.

Nice thread topic.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I agree with the poster who said that with the heavy american bias the winner will be the american agency. If you saw the episode where S.W.A.T. faced off against GSG-9 they showed an apparent bias toward the american swat team. Although on the other hand when the green berets faced off against the spetznaz there didn't seem to be too heavy of a bias towarads the green berets and the spetznaz were the victors. If I remember correctly
I'm gonna go with the KGB in this case though.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
When I first saw the title of the thread I had visions of the two opposing teams facing off on some rainy nighttime street somewhere in Western Europe all decked out in trench coats shooting at each other with silenced .22's

[edit on 22-6-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Actually if you watch the show to the end when they run the final simulation that's probably exactly what you'll see. The simulations they run are very similiar to video game play. They also factor in the various weapons used by each side in various classes such as melee, short range, med-long range, explosive and special weapons. I'm not sure in a case like this whether it will be squad based or a one on one situation. Considering much of the old humint was one man deep cover it will probably be one on one ala spy vs. spy style woohoo, bring on the silenced pistols, exploding pens and garrote wire watches!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Scientifically the show is a joke and there is no practical science actually behind it.

But it is entertaining none the less and honestly, most of their picks for winners are spot on in most cases and by how much they would win.

I wonder why MOSSAD isn't added to the mix.

Actually the last episode of season two is set to be Navy Seals versus Israeli Commando's. So you got something close.

Only reason I'm watching is for the weapons being used:

Short Range Shoe Knife
Mid Range Camera Gun Briefcase Gun
Long Range Skorpion SMG 61 Ingram M10
Explosive Weapons Boobytrapped Dead Drop Spike Exploding cigar

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
the cia will because thats how history unfolded. but if its a battle one on one according to their weapons and tactics the kgb will win because they are ruthless and cold-blooded.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I wonder what the real purpose of this show is

People have been learning a lot about these ABC agencies lately.

It's probably just airing to create an influx of more disinformation.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
CIA wins by one man in a 550-450 battle simulation of 5 man squad based battle. Bah!!! KGB shoulda won!

top topics

join