It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico asks court to reject Ariz. immigration law

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Mexico asks court to reject Ariz. immigration law

www.huffingtonpost.com

Mexico on Tuesday asked a federal court in Arizona to declare the state's new immigration law unconstitutional, arguing that the country's own interests and it's citizens rights are at stake.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This isn't Mexico, you don't get a say in things. I mean seriously, where does Mexico get off doing this? They're saying the law is unconstitutional? Instead of trying to decide what laws our country makes why don't you try to control your own people.

And why do they think it's in our best interests for people from another country to come here illegally?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
For Mexico to show such an interest in how we enforce our border tells me all i need to know. It would be like my next door neighbor criticizing me for choosing to make sure my windows are locked.

What other purpose would there be, than dishonest purposes?

Regardless, it cannot be unconstitutional for Arizona to mirror Federal law in their own state law. Especially when we are dealing with the fact that it is in the purview of "State's rights".

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Mexico has a LOT of nerve. Particularly considering how tough they make it on Americans who want to live there. Particularly when they set up websites and offices actually helping their people get here. But I imagine that they're freaking out over Arizona's law for a few reasons. As in more people and less money flowing back to Mexico. As it should be. They can't even get a handle on their own issues...drugs, violence, hunger, poverty, and they're trying to get our courts to help them out? This just gets worse and worse.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Exactly. Mexico is not a state. It doesnt get a vote. What on Earth even gives them the right to think they do? Oh yeah, NAFTA.

What rubbish.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Mexico does not care what the USA does or what laws they pass....

You guys have to keep in mind that Calderon is a USA puppet, no real Mexican president in his right mind would ask another country to not pass an immigration law when Mexico's is 10 times worse.

It's a show, It's meant to piss you guys off and hate Mexico, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

You guys have to keep in mind that Calderon is a USA puppet, no real Mexican president in his right mind would ask another country to not pass an immigration law when Mexico's is 10 times worse.

I agree 100%.

Very nice post Izarith, you summed it up VERY well.

I also think it is a counter-intuitive conspiracy to cause further tensions and conflict between Americans and Mexicans.

Therefore I will ignore this crap.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Izarith

I agree 100%.

Very nice post Izarith, you summed it up VERY well.

I also think it is a counter-intuitive conspiracy to cause further tensions and conflict between Americans and Mexicans.

Therefore I will ignore this crap.

Thanks Muzzle,

Don't get me wrong tho there are plenty of reasons for Americans to Hate Mexico. I mean we have raised our prices on Whose, booze,, lobster not to mention police bribes.

But getting made at a USA employee for saying what his masters tell him too is a little like being part of the move and being in the ending credets.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is all pandering leading up to the ultimate occupation of Mexico.

We're pulling out of Afghanistan and Iraq soon, because Obama will believe it be the only way he can stay in office for another term. He'll use it as a campaign point claiming that he kept his original campaign promises.

But, with such dissent among the public, there must be another conflict.
Mexico is lining up to be that conflict.

Pushing Americans buttons like Calderon is doing is in his best interest because war on Mexican soil is in his best interest.

We all see how wealthy our war in Afghanistan made the war lords. We basically threw money at them.

It will be no different than that in Mexico.

Calderon is thinking he'll end up filthy rich with a mansion in Cali.

The only problem is, that this will be a hot coal dumped into the tinderbox of anger instilled in Americans.

So many Hispanics are in this country, that a war with the motherland will create riots from both legal and illegal immigrants.

Imagine if a quarter of our population had been Iraqi or Afghan at the onset of war. It would have imploded the country.

Luckily for us, no one is happy with the way the Feds are running things. They are inept, and they are so disconnected from the reality and the consequences of military action against Mexico that it will be their own undoing.

We are headed for chaos. The only question is who will step in to reinstate order. Our only hope is that the states step up individually and assert control. As someone has already posted on ATS, we will go the way of the USSR.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by PayMeh]

[edit on 22-6-2010 by PayMeh]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think Calderon is smarter than he looks...

Close down the border and the disenfranchised in Mexico have to start thinking about making things better at home then streaming across the border... hmm, wonder how they could fix things at home? *cough* Revolution *cough*

Imagine if the British could've just gotten rid of those pesky revolutionary colonials by enticing them to have a better life up in Canada...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Wait. Now why would a U.S. puppet Mexican president want to make Americans hate Mexicans (which I doubt very many would anyway because our anger is always directed at the issues not the individuals, most of whom are lovely, barring the ones who have a penchant for beheading, that is) while his fellow puppet pondered an amnesty bill which would leave all the illegal Mexicans in place here in the U.S. That doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm missing something or not seeing the real end game here.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Normally Mexican presidents are very wealthy, extremely Harvard educated Smart SOB. Thieves sure but traitors to they country never.

They are the perfect example of the powers of diplomacy. Think to yourself and when in the world has a Mexican president ever said or done such absolutely stupid actions as Calderon or Fox?

Both Calderon and Fox only became President because of the USA/Mexican vote. This is because Mexicans living in the USA only get to see the Pan propaganda and don't live in the Mess they are creating.

The PAN depends on the illegal immigrant vote The pan Has even passed new laws allowing Mexican illegals living in the USA to vote in Mexican elections.

Plus The USA has an interest in undermining entities in Mexico that will will not go along with the NAU plans of your country.

It's a dog and pony show.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

From your post:
"The PAN depends on the illegal immigrant vote"
Then I read recently many times that our Gov relies on the immigrant vote.
So, who depends on the non-immigrant, non-illegal vote?
We must get apathetic Americans off their duff to vote, if it is still valued.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CestLaVie

Mexicans who become citizens of the USA not only get to vote for your politicians that appease to them but they also get to vote for the PAN in Mexico.

Illegal immigrants hate the PRI. Because the PRI does not give them crap. Under the PRI in Mexico you have to make your own living and educate your own children of you don't you have every right to be as poor as you want.

The Pan just like the USA makes poverty a crime and people are forced to shove their kids into crap public schools or to go on welfare. Lazy people like this.

But The PAN is not only Bad for Mexico it's Bad for America, the PAN are in bed with your two party system, your two party joke. It's all one big family.

In your country it does not matter who you vote for, in mine it still does. We have 13 different political parties every democracy in the world does except the USA.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What a load of BS, something's goin on here and it aint kosher. First Calderon addresses our congress, and now Mexico is submitting legal briefs in our country asking our courts to declare one of our state's law unconstitutional. Since when is a foreign administration allowed to so blatantly attempt to dictate what we do in our sovereign country ? They should have NEVER been allowed to file a brief in this country.

People need to wake up to what's goin on here, and put a stop to it. This reeks of some NAU BS.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CestLaVie
reply to post by Izarith

From your post:
"The PAN depends on the illegal immigrant vote"
Then I read recently many times that our Gov relies on the immigrant vote.
So, who depends on the non-immigrant, non-illegal vote?
We must get apathetic Americans off their duff to vote, if it is still valued.

We did. Most of the ones that are apathetic also don't have a clue what it is they are doing in the voting booth.

How do you think The Rookie got elected? Need any more proof of how dangerous "getting out the vote" can be? Look at the senate race, where someone with an obvious learning disability won the Dem primary without even really running a campaign.

People who are not 'clued in" will use things unrelated to select their candidate.

Don't you remember all the people who, when presented with the McCain platform but being told it was Obama's, thought it was a great idea? And then shot down the Obama platform when it was attributed to McCain? They had no idea what they were voting on. They voted for the cult of personality that they liked at that moment. It was a vote of romance, not conscience.

Do we really want that again? I mean, that would truly represent America. The big, dumb, oaf that it has become. But is that the legacy that we want to leave our children?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Citing "grave concerns," Mexico said its interest in having predictable, consistent relations with the United States shouldn't be frustrated by one U.S. state.

Arizona must've put a crimp in one of their plans for them to be making such a big stink about "one US state". If I had my way their "relations" with the US would be frustrated by all 50 states.

Mexico also said it has a legitimate interest in defending its citizens' rights and that the law would lead to racial profiling, hinder trade and tourism, and strain the countries' work on combatting drug trafficking and related violence.

That's rich, they're worried about their citizens

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

People need to wake up to what's goin on here, and put a stop to it. This reeks of some NAU BS.

People aren't going to stop it. If anything they are going to continue to contribute to the daily threads that are coming out.

Most people are no longer asking questions. They accept the news at face value.

Mexico and the US are working closer together today more than at any other time in our history. Yet no one is asking why.

All people are into is cartels and immigrants.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Mexico does not care about it's citizens. Do not be fooled.

I have been to Mexico a few times, deep into rural areas.

There are tons of people starving there, dirt roads, houses made of clay, kids barely had any cloths.

I went with my grandfather once to help build a school in a very small rural community out in the middle of the desert. So I have seen how the Mexican government ignores it's own people.

It was so bad, that the only way this community got a school was because my granddad's community charity from back in Texas came down specifically to help improve this community.

The government essentially hopes that charities will pick up all the slack.

Why do you think the nacro-trafficing problem is so out of control ?? It is because these people have no future, no chance to "live".

Also further south we have to remember after NAFTA went through that countless farmers were forced off their farms and this caused rebellions but the government brought in heavy weapons and put down those rebellions in very bloody and horrific crack downs.

Many of the farming communities that made Mexico strong and a breadbasket for many other nations were obliterated, and these people were forced into urbanized areas to become low wage slaves essentially for multinational corporations that were moving in by the dozens.

Basically many of these farms began appearing in the USA as a consequence, and thus tons of Mexicans followed them and cross over illegally. This is only a %percentage of the immigrants though obviously.

NAFTA and the War on Drugs need to be revoked and eliminated. They are the two major factors that have caused almost all of these problems we are facing collectively between Mexico and the USA.

The US and Mexican governments are to blame here equally, they both conspired together to create this situation. And boy are they getting rich off of it!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Where do they get the legal standing in US courts to force a change a law the US.

The next thing they will try to USE the US courts to ban guns in the US instead of controlling there border so the guns don't cross into mexico in the first place.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join