It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia sentences more women and children to flogging for mixing with males

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

RIYADH - A Saudi court has convicted four women and 11 men for mingling at a party and sentenced them to flogging and prison terms, judicial officials said Tuesday.

The men, who are between 30 and 40 years old, and three of the women, who are under the age of 30, were sentenced to an unspecified number of lashes and one or two year prison terms each.

The fourth woman, a minor, was sentenced to 80 lashes and was not sent to prison.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Police say they witnessed them "partying," and that it went on until dawn. Mind you now, they really weren't convicted for the party. They were convicted under Islamic law that prohibits unrelated men and women from intermingling.

And now among other things, a teenage girl is going to be lashed 80 times because of these ancient laws.

Israel raids a humanitarian flotilla and executes multiple unarmed aid workers. The US basically refuses to get involved because of our "relations" with Israel.

The US also has extensive relations with the Saudi's. And this relationship is a lot of what is causing a large portion or Muslims to hate the US. That we are keeping US military bases on what is considered to be Muslim holy ground.

I'm not going to even get into the 9/11 issues and the Saudi's. We all know the US itself is by no means a humanitarian state like we make out to be. But why do we continue to support any state that senselessly executes unarmed civilians, or ones that flog women and teen girls for trying to have a social good time?

I am quite positive the US isn't the saintly state our leaders make us out to be, but here is just another example of one of our allies persisting with a very un-humanitarian punishment that by no means fits the crime. If there even is a crime at all. Stop supporting terrorist states!

[edit on 22-6-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I've lost the liberty of saying that I am surprised by their (court's) "justice".

new topics

join