It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Police witness man shoot and kill 3 month old baby; open fire on suspect

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Are you intentionally trying to come across as a . . . . ?

Your abrasive name-calling is thoughtless and adds nothing.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Said he shot his baby with a long gun. What is a long gun

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Then you pay for his new life sentence solely on your dime.

There's is a reason and necessity for capitol punishment. I will agree however, that it needs to be avoided unless absolute proof is given, in this case, they WATCHED him. good enough for me. $3Mil keeping him alive, or a $0.02 bullet. Our country is broke...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

As long as we have governments, and criminals, and regular folks, we can't escape the slippery slope. The standards of the society decide who is innocent and who is not innocent, not the mind of a deranged criminal rationalizing his own actions.

I agree there is a slippery slope, but I disagree that it is a dangerous one. The case at hand is obvious. The mind or an offender with multiple infractions and previous violent behavior vs. that of a 3 month old. No slipperiness there at all!

Now, I like your take on the prisons, and if we could put the prisoners to work and make them pay for their own upkeep and guards, and society as a whole benefitted from their incarceration, then I will support your plan, but until then, lets just kill em. $1 per bullet sounds much better than $80K per year to house, feed, coddle, and guard them.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Spending 10-20 years appealing your death sentence, getting comfortable in prison, and then getting executed sounds pretty good to me. The mental torture combined with the sentence actually being carried out work sounds like a fine justice.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
there is noammount of torture or punnishment that is fit for this a.........
if i was an officer on duty that day i would have unloaded then reloaded, and unloaded again.I am a father of 3 precious girls, and this makes me livid.It's sickining to watch the news and see that there is people this jacked up living among the the honest hard working law following citizens.
im all for the family executing him. vigallanti justice at its finest. linch mob rules. sorry for the spelling,but you know what i mean.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

I absolutely agree with you, the tax payers should pay for him to get 3 meals a day, and education if he desires. Time for exercise and all the cable TV he wants. Please don't forget the fact that he will need Reconstructive surgery on his anus.. Baby killers have rights too.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Doom and Gloom]

Turns out, it is cheaper to imprison killers for life than to execute them, according to a series of recent surveys. Tens of millions of dollars cheaper, politicians are learning, during a tumbling recession when nearly every state faces job cuts and massive deficits.
source

Cheaper to let him rot than it is to give him an easy way out.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

A rifle, a gun placed against the shoulder. I assume one that is normally used for hunting or they would have called it an assault rifle. I also assume it was not a shotgun or they might have said that as well.

Raist

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
As for the thing that did this…..

Well I say we send him to the Gulf. Put him to work cleaning up oil. He can start by being dragged mouth open through the water to act as a filter. At the very least put him in a boat scooping any oil he sees up with his bare hands. After the Gulf is finally cleaned he can spend the rest of his life in a 8X8 cement room with no window, and a small bed and toilet/sink.

Raist

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
hands, eyes and tongue surgically removed, then wall him up alive in a pillar of justice.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Murder is one human being killing another without consent. You're taking the most precious inalienable natural right against a persons will; their life.

Euthanasia is one human being killing another with consent. Typically this is done by the terminally ill, and in many cases frankly they should be granted their wishes.

Suicide is one human being killing himself, and in fact Euthanasia and Suicide are only different because in one case, a person is getting another persons help to kill themselves.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne

Then you pay for his new life sentence solely on your dime.

There's is a reason and necessity for capitol punishment. I will agree however, that it needs to be avoided unless absolute proof is given, in this case, they WATCHED him. good enough for me. $3Mil keeping him alive, or a $0.02 bullet. Our country is broke...

The problem is that no human has the ability to take another humans life away without their consent. Capital punishment is just another way to say murder.

And again, you're making an assumption. If you're going to make an assumption, don't make it sound like you're stating it as a fact. I don't condone the farce of the justice system we currently have. Innocent people needing to pay for the well being of REAL criminals (murderers, rapists, thieves, violent individuals) is not right and not just. They should work for their well being within the prison system.

And regardless of how the system is I still believe capital punishment can not exist in a just society.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I just wonder what the man who killed his own child was thinking.

And after he comes to terms with what he did, I wonder how great his suffering will be.

It is no person's right, privilege or duty to kill another person.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Discusting.... Absolutely discusting.
Whether he gets the death penalty or life in prison he is getting way better than he deserves!

And who used the excuse that he saw the baby as threat or something along those lines... Really that scary little 3 month old... WATCH OUT it is gonna get you... Come one this is the most ludacris thing I have ever heard in my life.

I don't care what his thought process was when he did this he is sub-human so you can end your discussion about a human killing another human... this man is a rabid dog!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Was curious whether it was shotgun or rifle, thanks. Either way, messy.
May turn out this kid wasn't his, dna wise.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

My impression is a long gun is any rifle other than a shotgun or assault rifle.

If the child was not his, that makes it even more disturbing as it seems it might be a revenge type of thing. A similar case like that happened in the town next to me. The guy killed his wife and all but two of their kids. Another woman had a guys fiancé, unborn child and her son killed, because she wanted her soon to be ex-husbands life insurance.

This, brinks on obsession, and stinks of a broken society that has forgotten how to truly love.

Raist

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
If this SOB survives, I dare you to look me in the eye and tell me that you are against the death penalty. I just wish the cops had been better shots.

As I said "I dare you to look me in the eye". It is very easy to sit at a keyboard and make a statement when nobody knows who you are.

I include myself in tha group as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by KrillsAngelWings

OKAY - these evil people who take young lives need to die to pay for that.

I am sick and tired of murderers and abusers - let them DIE!

A bullet through their so-called brain would do.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Cheaper to let him rot? So our solution is let him loose?

I'm confused....maybe it's cheaper than their current wasteful 'humane' death sentences. A short drop and a sudden stop would prove much more effective. Not that I FULLY agree with capital punishment, but I do believe it is necessary, as some people have snapped, will never recover, and are just a burden on tax payers. Also, sometimes revenge is a dish best served cold.

[edit on 6/23/2010 by Arcane Demesne]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Everyone is calling him "this man" when in fact, in my eyes, he has ceased to become a man by doing something like shooting a three month old child.

Then again, maybe that is exactly what a man would do, and the peaceful people of the world, maybe we are evolving into something else.

I feel like a lot of "people" are devolving.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join