It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy Unfolding? Turkey's New Role in Mideast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Prophecy Unfolding? Turkey

www.cbn.com

So, what does this shift of power and increasing isolation of Israel mean? Some in the Jewish state and around the world believe it reflects biblical prophecy.
Following the flotilla incident, the Rabbinical Council of Judea and Samaria issued a statement saying the aftermath seemed to "place us at the beginning of the Gog and Magog process where the world is against us, but which ends with the third and final redemption."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit for proper title

[edit on 22-6-2010 by aboxoftrix]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Scary stuff or is it? I long for the day Israel will live in peace. If you believe in scripture, then you know this is the only way.
If the Rabbi's think this event seems like the beginning of the Gog and Magog, then maybe it is. With all the events happening in this world, it could be a sign for all of us. Ignore it at your own peril.

www.cbn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by aboxoftrix

not really scary,
to most of the same people, these religous wakos are just playing out an old book which they think holds the key to their salvation or what ever BS they think,

i have seen fairytales which are more scary then this mog and bog rubbish,

to add any chance these people still believe in santa clause and the boogey man?

[edit on 22-6-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
For any people or nation that can persecute, oppress and torture a group of innocent people, they don't deserve peace.

I wish no harm to anyone and I wish peace upon all, but Israel must either decide to destroy themselves or treat the Palestinians with respect. That isn't too much to ask for is it?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I long for the day that Palestine has its land returned to it and Israel is dissolved as it should be.

Why the UN thought creating a country there 60 years ago was a good idea, I will never understand.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Do you also long for the day the Kurds get their homeland back, the Greeks return to Constantinople and the Turks return to Siberia?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Israel is here whether we like it or not, and they deserve the right to live in peace as do the Palestinians. Pre 1967 borders with east Jerusalem as the capital of Palestine is what the majority of the world agree on. As for any religious slant, i think it's just superstition...but extremists may be acting out a self-fulfilling prophecy for all we know.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

No, because those are centuries ago, occurred through invasion and the collapse of surrounding civilizations, and have relatively been accepted by most indigenous peoples.

We can still restore Israel to the paltry little piece of land it was granted in the 40's. This would make most of the middle east happy and the zionists can just sit there and simmer at their inability to bring about some silly little biblical prophecy.

Apples and oranges my friend, comparing them is silly.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by D.E.M.]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by D.E.M.

Do you also long for the day the Kurds get their homeland back, the Greeks return to Constantinople and the Turks return to Siberia?

No, but that's exactly what he is saying. Israel should not be there either since Turks and Greeks can't get their ancient territories back.

Your statement just played into the opposition's argument.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Be careful, Some people will come and say its all been planned by humans for the past 2000 years or so...
I know its true they say it around here all the time, read that dopey thread called all roads lead to rome, if you have time

The truth is it is scary I have not been big on Jesus or God, but lately things seem to be falling into place. But I still have a lot of questions like God created man on Day 6 but then created Adam and Eve.... WTF whats the time laspe there? You meant to tell me somewhere on this planet Adam and Eve's people roam the Earth?

Its all so confusing... But way to point it out.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
In the Camp David meetings Arafat was offered by Ehud Barak virtually a return to the pre-67 borders, yet rejected it entirely and offered not counter-proposal.

This crap about Palestine being a land of Arabs is entirely disproven by history. The land was a barren waste by the end of the 1800s when the Jews began to return and clean it up making it again habitable. When this happened the Arab bedouins returned too because it was a welcome oasis in a desert land. Once oil was discovered in this region of the world Arabs became greedy, violence erupted between Jews and Arabs, and things have escalated from there.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dovdov

I suggest you go back to history class. Palestine was extensively populated when exiled Jewish populations from Europe began to arrive by the boatload.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Centuries ago?

I guess your not familiar with the nightmare in the wake of World War I, the ethnic cleansing and genocide of Armenians, Kurds and Greeks that occurred in the chaos after the defeat of the Ottoman Empire.

The only thing silly here is your hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Can someone please enlighten me.....

What is Gog and Magog???

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

My bad, I am very familiar with that. Forgive me for messing up the timeline, posting from work and I have an ESL school underneath me blasting cheers every 5 minutes at the world cup.

Reflect to Kharrons post, he summarizes what I was trying to convey quite succinctly.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Hello,

www.truthnet.org...

There's lots of pages covering this subject on bing.com

Just type in gog and magog

I hope that helps

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Sorry dude, but that's simply not true. The matter is highly documented. The area once known as Palestine encompassed an area nearly three times the current size of Israel. The majority of the Arab population which had settled and were not bedouin lived east of the Jordan River. Those who lived West of the Jordan River (modern-day Israel) were mostly Coptic Roman Catholic Christians. Many Arabs which lived there sold land to the Jews. Most of the established cities had very few inhabitants, and the land was virtually unlivable. Nothing grew there, and the land was filled with malarial swamps. Initially Napoleon offered to resettle the Jews in their land but his defeat at Acre prevented his carrying this out. When the "Treaty of Defensive Alliance" was signed between Great Britain and Turkey it opened up Palestine to the Jews who began to resettle and reclaim the land. As it became more habitable many Arabs returned and made permanent settlements. They had far more children than did Jewish families, and their religious philosophy was far more violent. When these Arabs began to fear the Jewish return they began to instigate violent uprisings. There was both Jewish and Arab "terrorism" and murders. The rest is history. Hundreds of photographs taken from the time prior to the 20th century prove the land had few inhabitants.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

The words "Gog and Magog" come from the Old Testament book of Ezekiel (but is also mentioned in the New Testament book of Revelation). It is an ancient prophecy which relates a multi-national attack against a restored Israel. It is generally agreed that Iran, Turkey, and Russia are part of the group mentioned there.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Here's a link from Jewish perspective; www.science.co.il...

Here's a link from other; www.historyteacher.net...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

It's good to see both sides so as to aid in determining truth. Thanks for sharing those links.

But one unimpeachable form of evidence come in the form of the hundreds of photographs taken between the 1840s and 1900 of every spot of the land proving that it was mostly uninhabited, in terrible condition, Arab shrines were in ruins and tattered. Nothing useful grew there. The land was a vast waste until the 1870s and 80s when Jews returned to reclaim it and again make it vital.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join