It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf Gives Birth to Hurricane Alex (Weekend Headlines June 26th 2010)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Oh god damnit! they had to give it MY name! I really hope this is the weakest hurricane in history.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
June 26 is my birthday ._. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!!! You get a hurricane with Toxic Rain (some stay dry while others feel the pain.)

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
The Gulf Gives Birth to Hurricane Alex (Weekend Headlines June 26th 2010)

The fear of all fears has a 40% chance of becoming a reality as of June 22, 2010 for Alex to be born out of the Caribbean. Stifled reports from across the Gulf States region raise many questions of what exactly the health concerns would be if a storm such as a hurricane brought inland the toxic cocktail.
There are many threads concerning the BOP and what gases are coming out presently from the well head. We do know for certain that BP is using the dispersant corexit at an extreme rate to push the oil under the surface.

There are many positions here on ATS as well as other blogs as to what will happen, when, where and how bad? But the one thing I think that most of us here will agree on is that I would not expose my children to any of the oil or chemical dispersants used if I had the choice.

Now with Alex as it grabs the gulf moisture (which is polluted with oil, gases and dispersants) and makes it way inland what will you do to protect your family?

I don’t think there needs to be a debate concerning the fact that a “toxic” rain could fall. The debate needs to be “should I stay or should I go know”!!

Don’t be fooled by the media and the Government when Alex only turns out to be a category I or II and even if it just stays a tropical depression. The results will be the same, a toxic rain being dumped inland.

I am a Louisiana native who is very familiar with the storm patterns of tropical depressions that come up through Texas and Louisiana. I presently live in Missouri now and I know how Rita affected our area.

So what will you do? Evacuate or “ride” out the storm? Are you going to listen to the Government whose President is telling you that the seafood is “safe” to eat? REALLY???

Or are you going to take every precaution there is to move your family to a “higher” ground as a precaution. I know what I am going to do and that’s why I started this thread, to give everyone a heads up concerning Alex. You can’t wait until it hits………it will be too late!!

Sure you may feel no effects from the rain or even smell it. But 10 years later in 2020 when you see those who stayed, your family and friends who weathered the storm developing life threatening cancers, you will remember this thread and wished you may have acted differently.

Those of you like me who have watched a loved one die from cancer wishes that experience on no one.

Many here will just say I am fearmongering and that’s okay!! I’d rather be wrong with a label then to see a “toxic” rain move inland that ultimately brings death.

I have attached a map of all the most notable hurricanes and there paths. You can get a feel for just how far north one of these storms could take the gulf moisture.

You need to create a plan and soon even if Alex does not make the weekend headlines one will very soon!!

What will you do?

It seems some here dont realize the threat inland is the rain bands.......Here is a image of Katrina as it arrives on shore....

I live in New Orleans. I hate garbage fearmongering trash threads like this. The odds of this thing becoming a hurricane are slim. The odds of it hitting us are slimmer.

Barak Obama saying seafood is safe is irrelevant to a gulf hurricane. The seafood has been tested. Some is safe, some isn't. THe unsafe areas are quarantined. here's some bleedover which we are constantly trying to catch. Adding this to the thread is more fearmongering. Be afraid of the shrimp. LOL.

Then moving on to 10 years from now everyone has cancer... Jesus Christ man. I watched my son go through a year of chemo, I've dealt with more cancer than you can fathom. Fearmongering. Uneducated opinion trying to stir $hit up.

You need to educate yourself rather than sit there and say that hurricane Alex(which doesn't exist) is going to suck up oil and dispersants into the storm and dump a toxic rain over your kids and give them cancer. Actually what you are doing is lying in several circumstances.

1st, a smaller hurricane would assist in the degredation of the crude oil and actually help the process. A stronger storm could get some of the slick airborne and spray a mist of the surface gunk. It's not going to carry it halfway across the country. A mist which could adversely effect land within 50 miles of major portions of the slick.

Now you seem to indicate that the crude oil is going to somehow evaporate and get sucked into the nonexistent hurricane Alex and return to earth as a toxic rain poisoning millions. Crude oil begins to thermally degrade at 650 degrees. So the mist is the concern.

This is going to cause drinking water problems and wildlife issues on the coast. If the storm pushes water up the mississippi river then there is potential for other contamination.

There are enough real potential and existing problems without you fabricating more.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Asshatious Maximus...

I wish you luck if you live in the path of a future Tropical Depression/Storm/Hurricane...

His premise is sound...if not premature...

Benzene/Methane/Corexit/ect swept into the on shore areas far from the Sea are probable...

Hydrocarbons are known to eat away at Polystyrene/Rubber/Plastics and cause Skin Burns and even Cancer with prolonged exposure...

Already there are many reports of breathing problems and sickness across the gulf...

Toxicity, Hydrocarbons (Overview)
emedicine.medscape.com...

~

Physical

In cases of hydrocarbon aspiration, the patient's temperature may be elevated due to the body's reaction to the foreign substance.

Other findings at physical examination may include the following:

* Respiratory findings
o Coughing
o Choking
o Fever
o Tachypnea
o Grunting
o Cyanosis
o Rales
o Wheezing

* CNS findings
o Headache
o Dizziness
o Lethargy
o Ataxia
o Seizures
o Coma

* GI findings
o Nausea
o Vomiting
o Abdominal pain

* Cardiac finding: Arrhythmia

* Cutaneous findings
o Mucosal irritation
o Chemical burns

I suggest YOU become more educated...hard to do though, as this is a entirely a new situation with no presidence...

Hmmm...and you have the answers...go figure???

BTW: I have seen Gulf Storm remnants reach as far north as Michigan and New England....

Great Blizzard of 1978
en.wikipedia.org...

The Great Blizzard of 1978 was a historic blizzard which struck the Ohio Valley and Great Lakes from January 25–27, 1978. The 28.28 inches (958 millibars) barometric pressure measurement recorded in Cleveland, Ohio remains the lowest non-tropical atmospheric pressure ever recorded in the mainland United States.

[edit on 6/22/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Indeed this is scary stuff.
I wrote this thread a few weeks ago...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a brief excerpt

I Think it's obvious That BP doesn't want this spill taken care of. I mean they are forcing the people who are ACTUALLY trying to help away at gunpoint. These multiple companies with warehouses full of these microbes are ready to go. Many farmers are willing to donate the hay. What's stopping us? You guessed it BP, We need to remove them so we can accomplish this.

Here at ATS some of you have been throwing around the disaster scenario that when this area is hit with a hurricane the situation will become much more catastrophic. What if that's what they are waiting for?

When a hurricane (alex) does strike it will probably be one of the most destructive we've seen, penetrating further inland, and accompanied by significant H.A.A.R.P. activity.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
toxic rain wont happen quit scaring people

Will there be oil in the rain related to a hurricane?
• No. Hurricanes draw water vapor from a large
area, much larger than the area covered by oil,
and rain is produced in clouds circulating
the hurricane.
Source
I summed it up in this thread too
here
Yea it could put some oil inland from surge but not in the rain.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by DrJay1975

Asshatious Maximus...

I wish you luck if you live in the path of a future Tropical Depression/Storm/Hurricane...

His premise is sound...if not premature...

Benzene/Methane/Corexit/ect swept into the on shore areas far from the Sea are probable...

Hydrocarbons are known to eat away at Polystyrene/Rubber/Plastics and cause Skin Burns and even Cancer with prolonged exposure...

Already there are many reports of breathing problems and sickness across the gulf...

Toxicity, Hydrocarbons (Overview)
emedicine.medscape.com...

~

Physical

In cases of hydrocarbon aspiration, the patient's temperature may be elevated due to the body's reaction to the foreign substance.

Other findings at physical examination may include the following:

* Respiratory findings
o Coughing
o Choking
o Fever
o Tachypnea
o Grunting
o Cyanosis
o Rales
o Wheezing

* CNS findings
o Headache
o Dizziness
o Lethargy
o Ataxia
o Seizures
o Coma

* GI findings
o Nausea
o Vomiting
o Abdominal pain

* Cardiac finding: Arrhythmia

* Cutaneous findings
o Mucosal irritation
o Chemical burns

I suggest YOU become more educated...hard to do though, as this is a entirely a new situation with no presidence...

Hmmm...and you have the answers...go figure???

BTW: I have seen Gulf Storm remnants reach as far north as Michigan and New England....

Great Blizzard of 1978
en.wikipedia.org...

The Great Blizzard of 1978 was a historic blizzard which struck the Ohio Valley and Great Lakes from January 25–27, 1978. The 28.28 inches (958 millibars) barometric pressure measurement recorded in Cleveland, Ohio remains the lowest non-tropical atmospheric pressure ever recorded in the mainland United States.

i believe Dr Jay is making a good point rather than yours. nowhere has it been proved that hurricanes will pick up "everything" from the waters and dump inland accross the country. yes the storm can reach far inland but it won't carry 100% of gulf water inland, it will exhaust itself over time.

Plus to think you are safe anywhere else is plain dumb and stupid. If indeed storms carried deadly toxic rain how do you think this will affect the country as a whole? think of all the crops that are grown on the east coast down. what will happen to that? wouldn't it create a shortage? over time would the winds carry the same moisture from the toxic rain back around to the west eventually turning the whole world into toxic rain?

Telling people to pick up and go is just plain dumb and not concivable for many. How will you relocate jobs from those moving?

I know first hand, Austin is filled with homeless people from Katrina. We cannot take another influx again bcs they won't get the help.

Stop telling people to run for the hills, you will create more chaos for everyone, the way our economy is things are already enough for millions, we do not need to add millions more to the mix because of unproven theories of toxic cancerous rains.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'd get out of town for a really long time, because the oil slick on top is gonna come in the mainland and houses, yards, roads, fields now that is if it's a really strong storm (Category 4-5). Breathing will become difficult, with the fumes and with the humidity. A lot of the oil workers who helped clean up the spill got unknown illnesses due to the exposure of the oil slick. Maybe it's even the oil dispersant that's adding on top of the danger. But yeah I would live somewhere else before, that toxic mess gets into your body systems.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jcjace

Asshatious Maximus #? (so far)...

I'm glad your a Meteorologist/Chemist with Micro-Biological credentials and can can sooth the fears of the Gulf Coast Residents...

Would you mind posting your Credentials and Educational Background here so we can ascertain your validity?

Thank You, Hx3

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Sorry my friend but you're the Asshatus Maximus here.

Please go ahead and spread the fear, make people run away to where there is no job open for them, make everyone congregate to places where nothing awaits them. Destroy what little is left of the areas where they came from.

Your so called toxic rain will spread far beyond your hurricane path if you believe that will happen. How do you think clouds get created genius?

You're the one who should show us some credentials or maybe even go back to school not me. My reasoning makes alot more sense than telling people to run to the hills.

Like i said before here is the proof of what i know and any local Austinite will support me on this. After Katrina, those who left N.O and came here didn't have much. There is an epidemic of homeless people. the increase has been related to Katrina, and then the economy wasn't even bad yet.

You must see past your toxic clouds. Oh and i'll add one more thing. I lived in Europe, thru Tchernobyl, when scientist said the clouds had spread past the german east block but so far noone i know who was supposed to be on the path of those toxic cloud has come up with the illness that have been seen in the vicinity of tchernobyl.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jcjace

Nice...so that means you'll be moving back soon...

I hear you can get a good deal on Real Estate...

If you can get the Russian Nuclear Safety Commission to write you a waiver...

Plant lots of Rice and Beans..for some reason they seem do better in high Delta areas...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The GFDL model shows that Invest 93L will turn into a CAT 2 hurricane and head east of the leak. Most of the models show Alex only making Tropical Storm.. lets hope they are right.

tropical.waweather.com... tropsys640x480,tropimap_all&pn=1&ptm=&alt=tropinvestmap

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You are now showing your level of education, which is fairly low since you don't even know your geography. Past the East German block, which means western europe....gee i'm not sure why i'm trying to explain this to you.

Go and run for the hills, when homeless people start increasing and asking you for change at street corner, don't blame anyone but yourself and you fearmongering of totally unproven fact.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333

the hurricane.
Source
here

Please read the links, this will educate you some more.

Stop spreading dumb fears that could create even more harm than what will actually happen.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jcjace

Pardon me?

Where have I posted any ~unproven~ facts?

I believe I've provided links with MSM backing...that seems to be sufficient here...

And as far as my Education...

I'll just leave it at Multiple Degrees...at Assorted Schools...in Multiple Areas...

I'm sure they would not like their names brought up in this environment...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jcjace

OK, here are my credentials. Chemistry degree FSU. Live 15 miles from the Coast. Have my FEMA ICS certifications. Previous employment with Department of Health Emergency Operations. I get daily updates through the state channels, and I get a lot more info from talking to people in my office complex. I posted about 6 weeks ago after speaking with a Coast Guard official and other agents that were about to brief the Governor. I got that particular info even before the Governor did, LOL!

Now, yes a Hurricane draws from a large area, but part of that area, many, many thousands of acres of that area are covered in toxic soup! It is very, very probable that some of that soup will get into the clouds and rain.

Yes, as I said before, the wave action and rain will help breakdown some oil. Good for Gulf, bad for the Rain, the Coast, the Marshes, the harbors, the Bays, etc. Wave action and storm surge will drive the mess inland.

Now, as posted before, the BIGGEST threat is the dissolved Gas in the Gulf! Below are some links to the Methane threads. The potential energy currently stored in the Gulf in the form of dissolved Methane just from this leak is humongous! Combine that with the preexisting frozen Methane lakes already at the bottom of the Gulf, and it is unimagineable. Wave action, and stormy waters are not what the Gulf needs, they are not what the coasts need, and they are not what the relief well drillers need, or the clean up workers. or the boom layers, or anybody else.

This is not a fearmongering thread! Why don't you guys do some research, look at the facts through your own eyes, and get back to us? Hmm?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcjace

Originally posted by paradiselost333

the hurricane.
Source
here

Please read the links, this will educate you some more.

Stop spreading dumb fears that could create even more harm than what will actually happen.

Again, showing part of the source. this from NOAA...i guess government scientist are no good and my schooling must be worst.

But obviously you all seem to be missing the point which makes your education not sit right by me.

Go ahead and evacuate all of the residents from Texas and east all the up to New York.

Where are you going to put them? Where is the working going to be for them?

Who will be left to clean up that soup in the gulf? How will you clean up the toxic rain that hit the northern states and eventually will return thru other storm system? not system from the gulf but system from within.

If your rain hits an area, again it will certainly veporise again in the future. This is an endless circle that would affect the whole world.

My reference to tchernobyl was that the nuclear clouds, according to scientist had reach way into western europe, yet there has been no proof of cancers related to that cloud (in western europe) which to me, is way worse than the toxic rain.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

They seem to miss that point you just made...the ~Still Lakes~ of Methane trapped under the Surface that when shaken and stirred...released into the upstream feeder bands of a Low/Depression/Hurricane...will not be good...

...With those estimates of 40% higher concentrations...I'm not liking those odds for "AH no big deal"...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

instead of running away from the problem, why don;t you try to help fix the problem? Since the methane hydrates seem to bother you so much why don't you come with something to fix on any level isntead of running to hills, which again will not help anyone.

I really fail to see how anyone with so called education wants to claim the relocation of millions and disaster for all.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jcjace

You have to be practical in a situation like this...

We have no way to release millions of cubic feet of those Metho/Carbon-Hydrates locked in the structure of the Ocean without hurting the surrounding Environment...

Game over for now...in a few years after something like this...maybe...after learning our lessons?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join