It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Has ATS Gone Mad Over Operation Blackjack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
First of all guys sorry for another Blackjack thread but I am really confused. As I understand Operation Blackjack is a fictional series of slideshows on the Telegraphs website. I have seen all four parts that are available on their website and to me it does seem like just another one of these “end of the world” hypothesis that appear in the media every now and then.

So why has everyone on ATS became obsessed with it? I am i right in assuming that the slideshows on the Telegraphs website is the only source. I have checked and i couldn’t find anything else other than a few other conspiracy theorists who have run with it.

Now on ATS we have people making all sorts of doomsday predictions it makes no sense most of these predictions say that the telegraphs slideshows are a blue print of the NWO’s plans. This claim is followed by a prediction that this plan is going to be relived to the world before the end of this month. This would make more sense to me if it were not for the fact that predictions on ATS never come true, and the ATS claims do not fit in with the story on the Telegraph website. In short i think this whole Blackjack stuff is just the result of ATS members getting over excited it’s snowballed into a massive conspiracy yet the way i see it, its nothing.
What I am missing here?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Ask your question about this same time next week; and if nothing
happened this week, we will all have a good laugh about it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I was going to but I thought i would ask it close to the time its supposed to happen just encase i missed anything so i could say good bye to my nearest and dearest. I suppose when we all see that nothing has happened i could create a thread about how nothing happened and all the sane people on ATS can gloat. Saying that however i am curious to know if there is any genuine evidence that suggests there is a real threat form operation blackjack, before anyone asks i have been around most of the other blackjack threads and not found anything.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Personally I always think of Operation Blackjack as a distraction for the conspiracy crowd.

What has always puzzled me
is the Telegraph hosting something that appears to cost them money..

I was on the Guardian forums when it was first uploaded, and given the type of people on the forum they barraged the Telegraph editors with calls and questions, to the point the Telegraph editors put on the answer-phones

Each time the slides get changed/updated the same process occurs, and yet all discussions about Operation Blackjack occur on sites other than the Telegraph, so they make no advert revenue from the slides, and the barrage of calls simply costs them time and therefore money.

Now if they had set up a forum, or if this had gone viral in a way that creates a revenue stream (like owning conspiracy sites) I could understand the purpose of hosting the bl**dy things, but since they are not, I'm puzzled as to why they are hosting it and why they are allowing the updates to take place when it costs them money.

So for me the conspiracy is that this is designed to side track/distract the conspiracy crowd at certain times..

It seems to fit nicely in the grand find the lady game that is being played out by the elite/establishment around the words.

The question I have is what are trying to hide!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
There was a lot more to it than just a couple series of slideshows. For example hexidecimal codes, .info website references with further hexidecimal codes, vague shakespearean poetry, military-code-sounding messages (at times), specific times and dates, there have been Al Qaeda threats that warn of attacks much larger than 9/11, the economy is on the verge of collapsing, and in general the geopolitical atmosphere is going to hell in a handbasket.

that's probably why it's being taken a bit more seriously than the "last night i had a dream that felt really really real" threads.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Just ignore it, mi5, bbc bull.

Just ignore it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You are assuming people here are rational human beings. At least one thread here states categorically that today, June 22nd, is THE day! Well, we're rapidly running out of hours jhere. Apparently those involved in the conspiracy are not early risers.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
it faded till someone linked the prior prediction to the oil spill. Then BOOOM its everywhere.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Can’t really say I agree with the idea that because it costs the telegraph money it could somehow justify all the hype we are putting on it on ATS. I don’t even think it would cause them to lose money every Blackjack post, including this one, is free advertising for the telegraph. And there is no way to prove that it is a distraction.

Couldn’t really see any messages in any of the slides or “military-code-sounding” other than the images of the police and military were one would expect to see it. At the same time i didn’t really see any evidence of NWO, i heard the sun symbol is a illuminaiti symbol and it may be. Even if it is, that would make allot of the members on ATS members of the illuminati based on their avatars.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Can’t really say I agree with the idea that because it costs the telegraph money it could somehow justify all the hype we are putting on it on ATS. I don’t even think it would cause them to lose money every Blackjack post, including this one, is free advertising for the telegraph. And there is no way to prove that it is a distraction.

I was trying to point out that, it causes the Telegraph issues (including costs) to host Blackjack, and allow the slide updates.

I really can not see the Telegraph wanting the type of demographic that posts on ATS, GLP etc.. and given the nature of conspiracy sites and the type of posts relating to Blackjack, do you really feel this is something the Telegraph (part of the home shopping group) would want to be associated with or want this type of content posted on their sites?

I feel that someone/group maintains the slides, updates them to keep the conspiracy crowd on their toes and distracted. Given the number of threads on ATS/GLP about it, and the number that popped up this time last year and the number that will pop up this time next year, I think my theory holds some water, since it plays on the fear of many conspiracy theorists, while acting as a perfect distraction for other purposes

[edit on 22/6/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Sorry but I read the telegraph and I am interested in conspiracies so are the telegraph remember MP’s expenses? And this is good for the Telegraph look at how many of us are checking the site its advertising for them every time one of us starts a new thread about this.

Also has anyone else noticed that now all the Blackjack “prophets” are saying “emmm no its actually going to be next year” rather than just admitting that were wrong.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Sorry but I read the telegraph and I am interested in conspiracies so are the telegraph remember MP’s expenses? And this is good for the Telegraph look at how many of us are checking the site its advertising for them every time one of us starts a new thread about this.

Also has anyone else noticed that now all the Blackjack “prophets” are saying “emmm no its actually going to be next year” rather than just admitting that were wrong.

As do I, I mentioned that I learned the first slide show had been uploaded in the Guardian's CIF section.. who took great pleasure in harassing the Telegraphs editors (I prefer to chat with people of opposing views, as, well it makes life interesting
)

I stand by my point of view, that the "oh noes the world is ending" type of comments are not something the I feel the Telegraph want to attract to their websites, conspiracies are good, but some like the Expenses scandal need a credible and solid organisation to be taken seriously, not one deluged with conspiracy theories that the sky is falling, which is the type of comment the Operation Blackjack slides attract.

Which again, goes with the title of your thread, these slides shows, there updates and changes have created quite a stir within the conspiracy forums.. while the minor changes and code go unnoticed to the majority of Telegraph readers they are not missed by those who post on ATS etc. Which to me shows these slides are directly aimed at the conspiracy theorists.

As for your comments about next year, the same can be said about last years threads, while if the Blackjack slides keep getting updated it will be the same next year and the following year. Since they keep being updated and play on many fears, I can not escape the notion that this is aimed at us for a reason.. and for me the reason is to cause a distraction

[edit on 22/6/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Then perhaps the only reason that the telegraph bother with operation blackjack is just to attract readers that are like us.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Then perhaps the only reason that the telegraph bother with operation blackjack is just to attract readers that are like us.

I had a very similar feeling last year

It was fun to see the Guardianistas get their nicks in a twist and frothing at the mouth over it tho..

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

You haven't seen anything. Wait until 2012 to see a overwhelmed ATS. The Operation Black Jack is like the 2012 doomsday scenario but with different "intensities". The first being aimed to Conspiracy Theorists who already knew about Illuminatti and all conspiracy stuff. The 2012 doomsday reached all people over the world and somewhat invited new people to the conspiracy world. Take ATS as example, in my opinion, a big role in their growth was due to new conspiracy theorists who was presented, by the mainstream, to the whole 2012 thing. So, the Operation Black Jack is just interesting as any other theory we see over there.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by One Step Beyond...

I cannot wait to be on here on the 22nd of December 2012 to laugh at the 2012 believers. I agree with you though that stuff like this is ultimately good for the site.

new topics

top topics

join