It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
While i do agree with most of what you are saying, we feel a need to uncover the truth and feel like we are contributing something, hell anything....

I do have to disagree with the whole motive though.. while it is an ego-trip to uncover some of these truths, it is still important that we do.. A lot of these groups were created to cover up lies... and to cover up the lies, they had to create more lies, and if you were lying (or murdering or covering up truths) for your team, it would make it easier to accept. It is up to us to use the brains that we were given to uncover these lies so that we do not allow them to happen again...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
But sometimes the really top-shelf vodka really is only available behind the second set of really velvety ropes.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
A great post … and beautifully presented I must say.

I wonder about the separation of your idea into two different categories.

On the one hand, we're talking about instinct. I think it's human instinct to want power, go after power, sustain power and take power away from other people (which is identified with increasing your own). We don't do this for a good reason (although you could argue this from a perspective of evolution), but we do do it. Given any group, these dynamics will ensue.

On the other hand, people in power have power. And people with power exert power. Hoarding of knowledge is a fundamental exercise of power. As you caveat, there are real secrets and these secrets may be advantageous to know.

History has revealed to us that secrets have been kept and actions developed because of kept secrets. Had the secrets been available, events would have developed differently.

We know government agencies keep secrets. I think about the medical experimentation on African Americans at the Tuskeegee Institute. This was a secret and it would have been beneficial had the secret been uncovered long before it actually was. To me, this is an example of the second category. And the list of other examples, like this one (governmental nefariousness … which is just amok consolidated power) is without end. I think this is the central intent of ATS and a sizable portion of its membership, but, by no means, all of its membership.

But yes, in practical life, we covet that which we don't have which fuels the ego of our self-appointed masters. But again, I believe this to be more instinct.

We all want the big house down the street with two stories and a giant yard. Then someday, maybe, we achieve that and we realize our backs don't appreciate the stairs, laundry is a weekly drama, the steps aren't safe for our expanding brood and the lawn's a freaking nightmare to keep mowed. We covet the day we can downsize back to a rancher. This is just a life lesson like the myriad things we do that we shouldn't do, but do anyway.

Another example is our problem with weight. By and large (punny), if we're able to recognize our weight is unacceptable, we probably also know enough about nutrition to comprehend why we're fat and what things determine that. If we eat less, and healthier, and exercise, we're likely to lose it. Some of us do, some of us don't. You might look back someday and think, "gee, duh, why didn't I eat right all along?" But you live and you learn. Once you've overpaid to go behind the velvet ropes, you're less likely to do it again in the future, perhaps.

Recognizing the silly games people play with power trips is just another fundamental life lesson most of us pick up in our lives … sometimes it relates to conspiracy-minded phenomenon, sometimes not so much.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
very good post, really made me think. have you ever heard of ego death? also reminds me of that lamb of god song laid to rest where they keep saying destroy yourself, your better alone. i always thought that in this case they meant self as in your ego. ive began to realize in the past couple years that quite possibly everything in our society is driven by people's egos. then again im still in high school so its even more apparent.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Brilliant. I bow to your intellect, awareness and wisdom.

Missed this thread - so glad you posted the link on your signature.

...I can't help but wonder if it was loss or tragedy that brought you to such vistas, or just stepping back and contemplating. Or what?

… it is not about freeing one's self from one's mind, it is about freeing one's mind from one's sense of self (ego) so that everything comes from a place of honesty, kindness, and truth.

...Most often, it seems to be something external that motivates an individual to free their mind from their ego.

...the ancient teaching traditions - from Sufism to Buddhism to alchemy - all seem generally to consider the 'developmental windows' to be closed by 'ego' (whatever terms might be used). All also recognize the brain's plasticity, and the need for some kind of "shock" to "open" windows already closed to learning. At their core, they're all about over-riding the bonds of messed up socialization and enculturation, freeing the individual and "turning lead into gold."

In comparison, current developmental psychology considers the 'developmental windows' to be age-specific, and closed forever once the time is past. (Ie., Piaget etc, concepts overview)

...It's clear to me that these "developmental windows" can indeed be re-opened. My interest lies in determining or discovering how one might provoke such an 'awakening' for an entire culture - without creating an antithetical reliance on messiahs or gurus (which would of course just re-direct and re-substantiate the ego - and thus, sabotage the process). ...Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
sofi

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

your post made me chuckle, although i have to note that search engines are kept out as well, which may at times be preferable to spreading something far and wide, but if this was the purpose, the lockout could be lifted after some time.

yes yes, this place isn't any different, even its entire token economy is very much like the real thing, isn't it?

it's obvious why you go through the hoops for (real-world*) money, but points on the webs? nah, to each his** own.
edit on 2011.3.13 by Long Lance because: *watch 'The Money Masters' BBC documentary, though **it's mostly considered a male thing, right?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Imagine the opposite situation. Imagine an oppressive government, and lets call it a Government, a regular government, and a clearly (i.e. not covertly) oppressive militarised government. Imagine that there are a group of people who resist the government, who oppose the government. Lets say, in this oppressive world, its illegal to drink alchohol. Now, this group might have secret meetings so they can partake in the drink, away from government eyes. However, imagine, that some government officials realised that people were secretly drinking alchohol. Instead of banning them or punishing them, they got in on the act as well, and created a secret beer-drinking soceity, so only those that were in the group were allowed to, and the general public (and any other government officials that would rat them out) were not permitted.
edit on 14-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

In other words, it can't be a secret soceity if everone was allowed to join. Anyway, there is tons of information about aliens, secret technology, ancient Atlantis, underground civilisation etc etc all over the internet, so its not really a secret, in the sense of secret information being witheld... Its just that, you have to be able to believe it yourself, without the government spelling it out to the public. The government is the government, they are not our parents, they are not our protectors, we don't need them to hold our hand and tell us about aliens, or make a public announcement, we can find out for ourselves.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
"Only puny secrets need protection. Big discoveries are protected by public incredulity." - Marshall Mcluhan

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Sounds like most of the people who make up secret societies are sociopaths, or are stuck with a 3rd grade mentality.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
Sounds like most of the people who make up secret societies are sociopaths, or are stuck with a 3rd grade mentality.

That is dangerous thinking...in my opinion.

"Sociopath" is a relative term attributed to people who don't disagree with an ideology...attribution of mental illness, especially in a personal diagnostic, does not really change the fact that the people involved in such things have more influence then the people that they are managing/diagnosing...

We have quite a ways to go before the main populace gains the experience of information propagation/communication in order for things to change. Part of that process means not attributing blanket generalizations to people unmet...which may be counter productive to a conspiracy mindset but objectivity should rule here...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Very well stated.

For many, a "secret society" is just a way to make themselves better people.

I can speak from experience: when you hang around with a higher class of person, you become a higher class of person. I am not talking money, i am talking moral, ethic, and charitable.

One good avenue, via a not so secret organization, is Rotary International.

however, I would wholly recommend Masonic Lodges for those so inclined. Not a Mason myself, but I "get it", and may one day become a Mason.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Many so called "enlightened" folk like to say that to be a person of said light one has to free themselves from their mind … that has always struck me as an odd thing to express and always felt to me as fundamentally missing the mark. I look at it this way … it is not about freeing one's self from one's mind, it is about freeing one's mind from one's sense of self (ego) so that everything comes from a place of honesty, kindness, and truth.

This thing we call life is too short to be controlled by velvet ropes, regardless on which side of the ropes one happens to be on.

That is all … to be.

Genius, enlightened and true. Including the preceding to.

Thank You.

Love

Elf

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Mr Schrodingers dog, Thank you.
One of the most profound things I have ever read.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
For many, a "secret society" is just a way to make themselves better people.

Better how?

Are you suggesting secrecy is a the causal trigger for this amelioration?
To the degree that said 'better' is doomed but for its manifestation?

Don't get me wrong, mired in dualistic relativity, in truth even in the infinite, service to others is a behavioral disposition that 'out-virtues' others ... still, it is a simple matter of, and akin to, changing cells in the same prison. Sure the cell might be slightly more bearable ...

Egos need both other like minded and contrarian egos for validation ... should this be the trigger for what one would term 'better' how much 'better' could it really be? When in fact the behavior which evokes the adjective 'better' would not manifest lest there be others to both note it and resent it.

You see the problem?

edit on 24 Aug 2011 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Excellent thread. Brings up many salient points and a way of looking at them. Some of us are not allowed ANY secrets, and that fact, in and of itself, is the biggest secret. To elaborate more could be dangerous to the health of everyone. But regardless of secrets, what you are in one sense and in another, more public sense, that mirror, may not in actual fact, be a true mirror, as there are technologies and conspiracies afoot to make certain identities not what they appear to be.....and none of that has anything to do with truth, but instead, s projected plan reinforced by quantum science and hijacked by lives, to garner silence and cooperation.
Secret societies and techology that bolsters their agendas rely upon this hijacking of the truth. Wherein, anything the targeted individual could do, would be the wrong thing and would illicit a negative response from those who hold power over others.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Secrets Societies aren't created to keep secrets, secrets are created to justify the existence of secrets societies.

Well ya, couldn't said it better myself there my ego amigo.

Good thread even though I missed it by a few years it seems. However there are secrets in this world, none of the are really secret by the virtue of it being anything secret but by the fact that people covet such things. I suppose its like an inflated market for valuable goods which are only have value because people think they do or more precisely because they need to think they do, some things are given value purely because a great majority of people thing that something has value or is mysterious or a secret, mostly because that is what they were lead to believe or what the guy next to him believes.

In the end there are no real secrets, there are only things you do not understand, but the majority of secrets are things people do not want to understand, and there are off course real secrets out there, all of which nobody would believe if they heard of them, or they would not have the capacity to believe them much less understand them, but ultimately even that does not matter but for in there time and in there place they have there moments. Everything is like the changing of the seasons...it comes...and eventually it goes. What most people call secrets are merely just games that people like to play.

Kind of like kids, you know a few times with kids and my sisters kids, I sometimes acted like I was holding something in my had that was really mysterious and pretended like I had something super secret in my hand that I cant show them. Well its the whole vibe and process that you are talking with the velvet ropes, they want to know what I am holding in my hand, or what is so secret that it is kept from them and they will do anything and try anything to get you to open up your hand so they can take a gander.

However most times when I opened my hand there was nothing there but a piece of grass, now grass has it secrets for sure and much more then most of the so called secrets of the world which are guarded and hoarded more so, but a blade of grass is just not all that impressive to 2yr and 5 yr old kids, they and like the grown up versions like there secrets to be more shiny or sparkly. What can I say people like velvet ropes leading to empty rooms with people wearing funny hats that point to more velvet ropes leading to more rooms with other symbolical and mysterious nothings in them and people who wear even more funnier hats, and they all like making groups, cults, and clubs that require secret hand shakes to show how cool and in the in crowd they are, those little rascals who can fault them, but I would not call it mysterious or secret, more like just something that humans like to do, a game of sorts. Nothing mysterious about it really.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I want to share that I believe this exact thing. What helped me to see exactly what schrodinger saw was hefficides thread about "we are the iluminati"

this is exactly that.. Our job is to share info, its our human debt to being given the gift of life.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It’s been a while … I hope I am forgiven for gratuitously bumping up this ancient thread.

No ego in it, it just seems even more appropriate to the times than when it was authored.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: schrodingers dog

Uh, this seems like a good place for the following…

Master
Architecht
Hiram
Abiff
By (Be??)
Your
Name

Which any internet search will show you to be the “secret password” for a Master Mason. Being the olde spelling (I believe it was French that was garbled by the Scots as the Templars fled France because of the raid by Phillip le Faire on Friday the 13th…)

It is bow said as “ma ha bone”.

But no FM will comment on this as it can only be to say something like “… an outsider telling us our history…”

Careful reading of the History of Freemasonry brought me to this conclusion.

No. I have not been [made] an Entered Apprentice, entered as a Fellocraft, or raised a Master Mason (in case you think I divulge a secret).

As I move forward to the next level of crap in my life I start to realize that there should be no secrets at all about anything.

edit on 8-12-2022 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Dumb smart phone

edit on 8-12-2022 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Again

edit on 8-12-2022 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Clarity

edit on 8-12-2022 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Bad spelling….

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Is it bourbon or tequila?

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join