It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Christian perspective.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
All these people tryoing to convert, or even just being "arrogant". I bet they are really nice. I believe in God, and I am a catholic since I was born. There are some things in the bible that I don't believe. Such as Gays being wrong. I could be wrong, but for the most part I believe in the Bible and God. I have as much faith as illimey even though I don't show it. When in doubt, I turn to God. Whenever something bothers me, I turn to God. I probably haven't given an impression of that, but I am a Catholic. I haven't gone to church recently since we moved, been very busy. Maybe I should start going again, but I didn't get a boost as many others did.

Church never gave me the feeling of God, if you know what I mean. The San Vincenzo Abbey did. It was a place were we would help nuns, and whenever I went up there I had the greatest time. I am going back next summer and I can't wait.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Seem Number one problem with Catholics, they pick and choose what they want to believe and even re-write their own doctrines to fit their specific beliefs.

Exactly why its the Catholic priests that have been molesting boys (gay). This is against GOD's edict to man, that man shall lay with a women and take her to be his wife.

He had the city of Gamorah (spelling ?) destroyed because of this.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yes I know, but I just can't bring myself to the fact. Man wrote the Bible, inspired by God. But if they didn't like Homosexuals they could twist it. Still I have to trust in God.

But what about Spartacus, he was guy, infact many roman soldiers were...even if they were not, they would be gone for a long time and you know. Where was God when this was going on? Just food for thought.

Exactly why its the Catholic priests that have been molesting boys (gay)

Well, paedophile is defiantly wrong because the children are too young to make a desicion, and most likely wouldn't want to have sexual relations. If so, I feel, they are too young to decide. ALso we don't condone what the priests did.

[edit on 18-6-2004 by Yngwie]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The God of the Bible consists of 3 distinct persons yet they are one God. Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

even this belief predates the judais roots of christianity. it is as old as the Isian/Osirian schools andprobably older. the pauline church simply took it
and changed it to suit them selves. you see the Isianian version of the trinity
is Father,Mother, Child, a complete family. the pauline church wanted nothing to
do with anything feminine.

he cried out"My God(Father), My God(Holy Spirit), why have you forsaken me,

there is a great deal of argument about this passage.
in places it is translated as " My Power, My Power" . recent research
has postulated the theory that it should be translated as " Helios, Helios"
refering to the Sun God.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngwie

Well, paedophile is defiantly wrong because the children are too young to make a desicion, and most likely wouldn't want to have sexual relations. If so, I feel, they are too young to decide. ALso we don't condone what the priests did.

Just throwing in a thought. With Massachusetts legalizing gay marriage a mighty big step could have been taken. Gays got together and became a political force and began pushing the button on items they wanted like gay marriage. You say children are to young to decide on paedophile matters. What happens now when because one perversion is gaining acceptance, the paedophile's could get organized and 3,4,7,10 years from now New york could legalize adult/child marriages, multiple marriages, human/animal unions etc. See there are always people who want to get in God's face. That's what satan does 24/7, he's always seeking to push everything to it's limits. The whole book of Judges is about a society who "did what was right in their own eyes". Then they would cry out to God for deliverance from their troubles, and He rescued them time and time again. Yet they never learned.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

What happens now when because one perversion is gaining acceptance, the paedophile's could get organized and 3,4,7,10 years from now New york could legalize adult/child marriages, multiple marriages, human/animal unions etc.

This is what gets me. A grown man can make a desicion, they give him rights. A child is too young, how can you gauge if an animal likes what is happening. Personally I don't think gay marriage will bring these on.

Though Kerry's approach on this subject seems good. ALmost everyone will be happy.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

even this belief predates the judais roots of christianity. it is as old as the Isian/Osirian schools andprobably older. the pauline church simply took it
and changed it to suit them selves. you see the Isianian version of the trinity
is Father,Mother, Child, a complete family. the pauline church wanted nothing to
do with anything femininne.

he cried out"My God(Father), My God(Holy Spirit), why have you forsaken me,

there is a great deal of argument about this passage.
in places it is translated as " My Power, My Power" . recent research
has postulated the theory that it should be translated as " Helios, Helios"
refering to the Sun God.

How come the answer is always, the guys who wrote the Bible copied it's themes form some other older group. You know the answer is these other groups copied it from God. There is no one older than God. And since satan has actually seen God face to face and knows way more about Him than any human, who do you think has been distorting the truth from the beginning? satan!!!!!

And of course there are people retranslating the Bible. Tons of people hate God so much their goal in life is to discredit the Bible which causes doubt in people's minds, and then maybe there is no God which means we don't have to be accountable to anyone which means we can do whatever we want.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
dlbrandt, adult child marriages will never happen. That�s the craziest thing I ever heard anywhere.
Human/animal is more likely but still crazy.

yngwie where did you hear that sparticus was gay, I don�t know much about sparticus other then he would have got away with what he did if he hadn�t have been so gun ho, but gay?

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

How come the answer is always, the guys who wrote the Bible copied it's themes form some other older group

But why must you always be right? YOu see we are all getting angry for the same reason...why not just stop this. This board should be peaceful but these past few days are detering from it. When I come on here all I feel is hate from this board....

@Kode

I can't remember the exact place...but I have heard it more then once.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
so what you are saying is that " God" gave this information to the Ancients
priests and prophets ( to "copy from God" they must have had some direct
communication right?), then centurys later "God" gave the same information
to this generation of priests and prophets and in between several others,
but yours is right and all the others are wrong? they all got it wrong almost exactly the same way, almost verbatim and yours are the only ones that copied it right, right?

Jesus save me..................from your followers

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

so what you are saying is that " God" gave this information to the Ancients
priests and prophets ( to "copy from God" they must have had some direct
communication right?), then centurys later "God" gave the same information
to this generation of priests and prophets and in between several others,
but yours is right and all the others are wrong? they all got it wrong almost exactly the same way, almost verbatim and yours are the only ones that copied it right, right?

What I'm saying is that there is a class of beings between God and man. Angels(consisting of Angels and fallen angels). satan has knowledge about god that we don't. Truth doesn't change. While satan's pride gave him the notion that he could defeat God, he still knows God's moral eternal truth's. He has been distorting them since before man was created. Since Adam and Eve were the first humans he has had, infuence not power over all people. satan can only tempt us to sin. he can't make us sin, we choose to sin. I know there will be evolutionary thinkers to dispute Adam and Eve were the first humans. So already in reply I don't believe evolution. It's a lie.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Since Adam and Eve were the first humans

now there is a Conspiracy or possibly the biggest con perpetrated. Eve
was adams 2nd wife.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

was adams 2nd wife.

Where did you read about this or where did you get this information?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth

was adams 2nd wife.

Where did you read about this or where did you get this information?

I don't know the details of her story, but I believe he is referring to Lilith, the rebellious first wife of Adam. It shouldn't be too hard to find info on her. Just do a Google search for Lilith wife of Adam.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yep thats the one Lilith . i dont know that i would call her rebelious. from
my understanding of the story it was an equality issue. She refused to
be less than an equal partner.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
people let their fear spill through their faith every time they post. saddening.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join