It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Gen. McChrystal Arrest Obama For Violation Of USA Constitution.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
You know.. this thread makes me ask the question.. If not the general, then who.. Who has the authority to arrest any president?

Who does that job legally fall to?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Congress can impeach, arrest any ordinary police officer should do (The military, be they general or grunt isnt that involved in the business of arresting american citizens). But, as with everybody else, to arrest somebody a police officer needs a pretty well documented reason to do it.

Of course I am not suprised that nobody here can say what he should be arrested for.

And also: Shame on you! The reason Treason is so clearly defined in the CONSTITUTION is to make it impossible to simply accuse any political adversary of treason, like, for example KING GEORGE did, and wich was one of the reasons the founding fathers wrote that whole thing in the first place! Any attempt to add wriggle room to the definition of treason is actually a *very, very* serious attempt to undermine the CONSTITUTION!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78He has no authority to do that. The only legal means of removing a president from office is the impeachment process.

He can also be removed by his own Cabinet and the Vice President, a move which also has to be approved by Congress. It's a mechanism put in place in the event a President is either incapacitated or has gone mad and needs to be removed, but it's very hard to do and very unlikely to happen, certainly by the current VP and Cabinet.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
It surprises me that conservatives are coming out of the wood work complaining about violations of the constitution when the constitution has been violated for the past 200 years by nearly every single president that has taken office.

No, the president won't be arrested. It will never happen.

But stop acting like the constitution was some pure, beautiful girl until Obama came into office. Because fact is, by the time Obama came into office, that girls already been violated and raped beyond recognition by 40 other men before Obama.

No kidding it's beginning to make me sick really, I've lost count of how many times I've heard it echoed by conservatives how obama is so bad and how hes destroying our constitution. It's also funny how much they agree with libertarians these days and yet when they actually had a CHANCE to make real change in 08 and vote for one, they mocked and ridiculed the cause in support of the neocon mcain...

Additionally it's also quite hilarious how they ALWAYS fail to forget one important thing, and that is that most of the "tools" obama is working with these days are no thanks to the neocon agenda and the bush administrations abuse of 9/11 to achieve neocon globalist goals.

but yeah its ALL obama right?

idiots......

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You know.. this thread makes me ask the question.. If not the general, then who.. Who has the authority to arrest any president?

Who does that job legally fall to?

Here is how it works.

The impeachment process is a two-step procedure. The House of Representatives must first pass by a simple majority articles of impeachment, which constitute the formal allegation or allegations. Upon their passage, the defendant has been "impeached". Next, the Senate tries the accused. In the case of the impeachment of a president, the Chief Justice of the United States presides over the proceedings. For the impeachment of any other official, the Constitution is silent on who shall preside, suggesting that this role falls to the Senate's usual presiding officer. This may include the impeachment of the vice president, although legal theories suggest that allowing a defendant to be the judge in his own case would be a blatant conflict of interest. If the Vice President did not preside over an impeachment (of anyone besides the President), the duties would fall to the President pro tempore of the Senate.

To convict the accused, a two-thirds majority of the senators present is required. Conviction automatically removes the defendant from office. Following conviction, the Senate may vote to further punish the individual by barring him from holding future federal office, elected or appointed. Conviction by the Senate does not bar criminal prosecution. Even after an accused has left office, it is possible to impeach to disqualify the person from future office or from certain emoluments of his prior office (such as a pension). If there is no charge for which a two-thirds majority of the senators present vote "guilty", the defendant is acquitted and no punishment is imposed.

en.wikipedia.org...

So that's how your little wet dream of removing the POTUS would happen.

The fact is, the POTUS can actually be arrested by a common officer of the law. In history, two sitting US presidents have actually been arrested, Franklin Pearce, and Ulysses S. Grant.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Oh look! Another person trolling or stars and flags!

This is, sadly, indicative of what ATS is becoming..

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
So, what I've gathered from this thread is that no one can actually say WHAT Obama has done that is unconstitutional, they just disagree with his policies. They also feel it is totally acceptable to shred the Constitution when it benefits their worldview by staging a military coup.

Interesting people, these nutters are.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Methinks my post was skipped.

2l.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

No, it wasn't skipped. You listed things that Congress did, not Obama. None of those things you listed were carried out by executive order, they were all Congressional bills.

So, I'll ask again, what has OBAMA (not Congress) done that is unconstitutional?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
General Stanley McChrystal, commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, has been summoned to Washington to explain some of his recent remarks. General Stanley McChrystal took an oath. The 3331 is an Oath of Office!
“I, (state your name), having been appointed a (Rank of Officer) in the United States (branch of service), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me God."
This thread is not about how many violations of the continuation that Obama has committed (that has been proven in numerous ATS threads…pick one), but if General McChrystal has the kahoonahs to carry out his oath. Arresting the potus (lower case intended) will fulfill his sworn duties and put America back on track. This would be in NO way, a violation of his duties, nor would it involve the transgression of any laws.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Violater1]

To answer the title of your post, I'm going to have to say NO. Do you know that any other Enlisted, NCO or Junior Officers in the United States military would be put in jail for saying anything the slightest bit bad about the president of the United States?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
disparaging remarks about Bush = Unamerican
disparaging remarks about Obama = American Hero

You people and your principals..i'll tell ya what.

Ill say one thing for the GOP - you fella's stick together like white rice from Panda express...no matter how idiotic the conversation gets.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If you guys want to see this country get out of this hole we are in then support McCrystal and tell the wussies in D.C. that the game is up. The whole dam army should be ready to drag Obama out of the White House by his legs.

The Army needs to take over and install some REAL AMERICANS to straighten out this country and arrest everyone at the FED, UN and World Bank. Toss out every unconstitutional law and we will be just fine.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Sky watcher]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

The constitution does not apply to Americans it only applies to government. It is the law by which the federal government must abide, Obama is not abiding it.

... What part of that do you not understand?

according to your logic ...

Obama is an american. "the constitution does not apply to americans."

what part of your arguement do you not understand?

thanks for explaining myself to me,
ET

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
This seems to be just another thread where all hope of effective change is placed upon yet another "leader" who would come and "save" us all from tyranny. Oh crap! This current "leader" hasn't saved us from tyranny, he's just like the last "leader", who was just like the last "leader", who was just like the last "leader"...I know! Let's hang them all!

reminds me of a segment Jon Stewart did on the Daily Show after last tuesday when president obama said what was said about dependancy on foriegn oil...

then the daily show played re-runs of the same things being said from the oval office by presidents bush, clinton, bush, reagan, carter, ford, and nixon....

30+ years of rhetorical rhetoric ...

great post! hope people take the time to read it, and think about some of the points you bring up.

thanks for sharing,
ET

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Gen. McChrystal has been relieved of his command. He won't be arresting anyone.

This was reported on MSNBC, but no Internet sources yet.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

The Army needs to take over and install some REAL AMERICANS to straighten out this country

that would be funny to watch.

Martial Law, Day One:

Uh, we may have made a mistake. We, the same army that took their country from them are now re-installing the Native American Tribes. Here is our new leader: Chief Foot in Mouth...

yep yep,
ET

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
HOW TO CREATE EPIC THREAD FAIL IN TWO EASY STEPS:

STEP ONE:
Make an outlandish, impossible claim in OP. Infuse with ignorance and present unsourced presumption as fact:

...if General McChrystal has the kahoonahs to carry out his oath. Arresting the potus (lower case intended) will fulfill his sworn duties and put America back on track.

STEP TWO:
Fail to admit short-lived flawed premise of one's own thread on Page 2 and blame it on others:

I'm sure the above Obamabots will take great pleasure in knowing that the General just resigned.

Repeat as necessary to achieve permanent, self inflicted credibility loss.

So simple a moron can do it.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
If you guys want to see this country get out of this hole we are in then support McCrystal and tell the wussies in D.C. that the game is up. The whole dam army should be ready to drag Obama out of the White House by his legs.

The Army needs to take over and install some REAL AMERICANS to straighten out this country and arrest everyone at the FED, UN and World Bank. Toss out every unconstitutional law and we will be just fine.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Sky watcher]

By supporting a military coup, rather than the Constitutional mechanism of removing a government official, you have violated the constitution (that is, you are aiding and abetting an overthrow of the Constitutionally elected and established government).

I trust, as you claim you are someone who treasures and values the Constitution and all it entails, you will turn yourself in to your local police station and confess your treason, right?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Here's a link to Sky News on McChrystal's being relieved of command:

McChrystal Relieved of Command

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Gen. McChrystal has been relieved of his command. He won't be arresting anyone.

This was reported on MSNBC, but no Internet sources yet.

if this be true .... then here is another thread in which the op has no further needed deliberation, hurray for Gen. McChrystal's liberation!!!

As a tribute to the OP Author, Violator1 ….

Move along folks, nothing to see here

Benevolent Heretic, fact finder & thread killer

Yep yep,
ET

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join