It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reservist Shot to Death at Fort Gillem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
"FOREST PARK, Ga. -- An Army reservist was shot to death and another was custody Thursday at a post south of Atlanta that is a gathering place for area reserve units.

Army spokesman Col. Dan Baggio said the victim died at the U.S. Army Reserve Center located on Fort Gillem. He could not offer specifics about the shooting that happened between 4:30 and 5 p.m.

Authorities said they were withholding the names of the Soldiers until they can notify family members, but did say both were men.

Authorities have not determined a motive and it's unclear what the relationship was between the two men. Nobody else was injured..."

Source

I find this very strange does anyone else know anything about this? I did a search on ATS and didnt find anything maybe you all can help me look into this. I find it strange they offer little details and link this crime to another crime on another base with vague details, is something bigger going on here?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Here ya go.

Fort Gillem Story

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks but thats pretty much the same story I sourced, I havent heard anything about this at all until today when I got an email from military.com.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I find it strange that they mention the guy that was murdered, then they mention the man with landmines and grenades, and more stuff, then the Saxon guy stealing infrared targeting equipment, they make no reason as to how they are relevent other than they all happened in Georgia, I wonder if there is something bigger here

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Out of all the local news I can source (Ft. Gillem is about ten minutes from me) this is the only other entry I've found so far.

Another Local Channels Coverage

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yeah im not too far away either actually closer to griffen and im having a hard time finding stuff in the local news.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

One thing I can say that is clearly second hand info, but that I personally don't doubt as true, is that I spoke to a close friend who lives less than half a mile from the main gate the day this happened and she swore that she heard quite a few more than just a couple of shots.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I wouldnt know but Im trying to find a statement or something from the base commander or spokesperson and still not finding jack. I wouldnt be surprised if something is being covered up since this lacks the attention it should be getting and as far as second hand source you may be right but I can't find an original source to prove the theory but I can only work as fast as this slow internet will allow.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
That makes for odd incidents at at least three forts this week. The one in Tampa, the one in Jersey, and this one in Georgia.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Definately strange I wonder what exactly happened as far as the murder and why did this other guy need all that equipment?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hmm...and according to Liberals ONLY the Armed Forces and Police are safe enough to carry weapons? Nice....

new topics

top topics

join